Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2017, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Question Why do you think Justin goes along with Brian all the time with sleeping with other people? He seems to find it fun at first but still does it after even after he is still not so keen. I know it's partly because of love but I find it hard to understand sometimes. Does anyone else find it tricky?
I think the reason for that is... for a time, Justin really liked tricking with people as much as Brian did. It was a sexy, fun, thrilling adventure he was on, but then he quickly became disillusioned with it when he realized how deep his feelings were for Brian. It got old to him and less fun, and he wanted a little more stability. Not to mention, Justin's growing up at rapid speed, mentally speaking. By the age of about 22, he was already over most of the partying.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 07-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I think the reason for that is... for a time, Justin really liked tricking with people as much as Brian did. It was a sexy, fun, thrilling adventure he was on, but then he quickly became disillusioned with it when he realized how deep his feelings were for Brian. It got old to him and less fun, and he wanted a little more stability. Not to mention, Justin's growing up at rapid speed, mentally speaking. By the age of about 22, he was already over most of the partying.
Yes, i agree. But sometimes when people mature too quickly they regress into adolescence later in life.
I think even some time away they will have could be good for Justin to learn more about life before setrling down.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Yes, i agree. But sometimes when people mature too quickly they regress into adolescence later in life.
I think even some time away they will have could be good for Justin to learn more about life before setrling down.
I agree. It will be just right, once they're back together.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by β™₯ Gale's Fragile Beauty β™₯ (View Post)
I agree that people can regress due to their setbacks with addictions, life changes, etc...but I think setting Brian back (with Justin) that much was pretty OOC, at least for me. I would have liked to believe that he was somewhat more mature given he was now around 34-35 and had been through so much already.
I agree with this - he deserved a happy ending - he had come so far throughout the 5 seasons and then to just leave him like that I felt was wrong in some ways.

I do agree that Justin was an adult and mature beyond his years and the time away learning in New York and working would have helped him to grow even more as a human being and artist but it feels like they their relationship open. I didn't need the marriage but a feeling that they were together and committed would have felt like something to me. They keep the rings and I sometimes think about the fact they could've worn it on the opposite hand to their marriage hand if they wanted to. I am guessing after Ethan Justin learnt that a ring on the finger doesn't mean forever but I feel it would've been different with Brian.

This is the thing about this show isn't it? So many different options and thoughts and ideas about everything .

I agree too that Gale brought Brian to life and I feel Randy did that with Justin as well - I feel the chemistry they had really worked and I can't imagine anyone else having that same feeling and relationship in those parts.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:26 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I agree with this - he deserved a happy ending - he had come so far throughout the 5 seasons and then to just leave him like that I felt was wrong in some ways.

I do agree that Justin was an adult and mature beyond his years and the time away learning in New York and working would have helped him to grow even more as a human being and artist but it feels like they their relationship open. I didn't need the marriage but a feeling that they were together and committed would have felt like something to me. They keep the rings and I sometimes think about the fact they could've worn it on the opposite hand to their marriage hand if they wanted to. I am guessing after Ethan Justin learnt that a ring on the finger doesn't mean forever but I feel it would've been different with Brian.

This is the thing about this show isn't it? So many different options and thoughts and ideas about everything .

I agree too that Gale brought Brian to life and I feel Randy did that with Justin as well - I feel the chemistry they had really worked and I can't imagine anyone else having that same feeling and relationship in those parts.
Yes, happy ending would be better because its heartbreaking to see Brian alone . But apart from reasons that we already mentionned, what I also realised, I think writers perceived Brian to certain extent as sort of tragic hero, they even were inspired by many classical pieces, and tragic heroes dont get their happyendings, it would somehow "reduce" their greatness. I believe they would give us bittersweet ending even if Brian did not go through his midlife crisis in s5 and would evolve more into loving partner.
I read also that some fans wanted for Brian and Justin to take the rings and wear them before Justins departure to New York despite them not being married. But again writers wanted to show them as a couple who does not want and need any of these "hetero" symbols of love so they let rather Justin say "we dont need rings or vows...."
Ye,h, without Gale and Randy there would not be the greatest lovestory in history of mankind πŸ˜†πŸ˜
Old 07-28-2017, 05:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Yes, happy ending would be better because its heartbreaking to see Brian alone . But apart from reasons that we already mentionned, what I also realised, I think writers perceived Brian to certain extent as sort of tragic hero, they even were inspired by many classical pieces, and tragic heroes dont get their happyendings, it would somehow "reduce" their greatness. I believe they would give us bittersweet ending even if Brian did not go through his midlife crisis in s5 and would evolve more into loving partner.
I read also that some fans wanted for Brian and Justin to take the rings and wear them before Justins departure to New York despite them not being married. But again writers wanted to show them as a couple who does not want and need any of these "hetero" symbols of love so they let rather Justin say "we dont need rings or vows...."
Ye,h, without Gale and Randy there would not be the greatest lovestory in history of mankind πŸ˜†πŸ˜
I agree their love story is one of the best I have seen I think it's part of the reason I love the story so much I love all their little interactions and the way they react to each other in all the little small times
Old 07-28-2017, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I mostly agree with everyone in this discussion, but this a spot-on interpretation. The sheer fact they gave him this type of ending and left him alone shows they wanted him to be seen as such.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:00 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

I just had this idea. We know that Brian and Justin were yin yang to each other and symbol of yin yang is a circle with half black, half white (in simplified version), when Justin and Brian lay tangled in one another in final scene, their heads form this symbol, Brians black hair and Justins blond. Haha, i know it was most certainly not meant like that by the director, but somehow it came to my mind.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I just had this idea. We know that Brian and Justin were yin yang to each other and symbol of yin yang is a circle with half black, half white (in simplified version), when Justin and Brian lay tangled in one another in final scene, their heads form this symbol, Brians black hair and Justins blond. Haha, i know it was most certainly not meant like that by the director, but somehow it came to my mind.
That is very funny, but kind of true

icon by Daggi
Old 07-29-2017, 05:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

They sure do have the looks and the personalities to be yin and yang to each other.

I think at first Justin changes the most to be what Brian needs but still stands up to him when he needs to and after a while it's Brian who changes to suit Justin.

They change and grow to suit each other even more as they grow together and learn more about each other and what each other needs I think anyway .
Old 07-29-2017, 06:15 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
They sure do have the looks and the personalities to be yin and yang to each other.

I think at first Justin changes the most to be what Brian needs but still stands up to him when he needs to and after a while it's Brian who changes to suit Justin.

They change and grow to suit each other even more as they grow together and learn more about each other and what each other needs I think anyway .
Yes, by the end its Brian who needs Justin more than Justin needs Brian. And Justin waited 5 years for Brian to be ready and now its Brian turn and its him who has to wait for Justin. Thats why ending is so bittersweet and its painful to watch Brian in final scenes
Old 07-29-2017, 06:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Yes, by the end its Brian who needs Justin more than Justin needs Brian. And Justin waited 5 years for Brian to be ready and now its Brian turn and its him who has to wait for Justin. Thats why ending is so bittersweet and its painful to watch Brian in final scenes
so sad It's like they never quite get there at the point where they are just 100% happy and living life and being together and all good.

Brian always needs Justin - he needs the sunshine in his life We all need a little sunshine in our life
Old 07-29-2017, 06:43 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
so sad It's like they never quite get there at the point where they are just 100% happy and living life and being together and all good.

Brian always needs Justin - he needs the sunshine in his life We all need a little sunshine in our life
But in post 513 fanfic world they finally reunite to be together forever :-)
And yes Brian needs his sunshine, it just reminded me of the end of fanfic called Framed:
"Six years was more than worth the wait. It dawns on you as you look out the window at the cold, gray Pittsburgh day that it’ll probably storm again tonight, and you smile, your lips in his hair, because you could care less if it pours rain every day from now until the day you die.Because you, Brian Kinney, finally own the sunshine."
It tears me up how beautiful it is.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
But in post 513 fanfic world they finally reunite to be together forever :-)
And yes Brian needs his sunshine, it just reminded me of the end of fanfic called Framed:
"Six years was more than worth the wait. It dawns on you as you look out the window at the cold, gray Pittsburgh day that it’ll probably storm again tonight, and you smile, your lips in his hair, because you could care less if it pours rain every day from now until the day you die.Because you, Brian Kinney, finally own the sunshine."
It tears me up how beautiful it is.
I LOVE that quote - that is so beautiful thanks for sharing that one
Old 07-29-2017, 07:20 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I LOVE that quote - that is so beautiful thanks for sharing that one
Yes, it is, I am crying everytime I read it. Brian is finally happy and at peace
whole fanfic is amazing and it has sequel very long its almost a book but beautiful in every way, really recommend.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread