Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Ditto. The scene was beautiful, emotional, loving... I could go on.
I think this scene is one were we get to see Brian completly opened up to Justin and I'm not sure, vut it is the first time were we see him being unsure about having sex with someone... you could see how much he cared about Justin

icon by Daggi
Old 07-20-2017, 02:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah you could see how much he cared - he wanted to make sure Justin was ok and it wasn't just a meaningless quick time.

We saw that after Brian had cancer as well when Justin was trying to help him to be able to do it again. Justin was the one he could let himself be vulnerable with and as soon as he is ready again Justin is the first person he wants to be with. I love that scene in Babylon where Brian is almost running in to find Justin and drags him into the back room because he's the first person he wants to be with .
Old 07-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The cancer story was hard to watch didn't like the way Brian treated Justin thou
Old 07-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Agreed, it was pretty bad.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 07-20-2017, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It was really bad he treated Justin at this time, but looking at the situation from Brians point of view, it made sense..

Brian was scared to death at this moment. The memory of his dad dying from cancer.. and having that disease himself.. scared him.. the fact that his body wasn't perfect anymore... scared him even more.. and with that, the fear that Justin would leave him because of that, and the knowledge, that him leaving would hurt Brian most, caused his behaviour. These facts made him not to tell anybody what happened in my eyes more, then his pride and not wanting to be treated like a sick person...

A short moment before he goes to his operation appointment, it looked like he almost wanted to tell Justin what was going on, but then he didn't dare.... that's what made him smash that lamp in his odfice.. his drustration about himself being such a coward and his fear about the treatment..

The moment he realised that Justin knew about it.. he for once was angry that he played him, but mostly, he was scared about getting hurt when Justin gets tired of being there dor him. Again he thought he wasn't worth it and that's why Justin would give up on him very soon... tossing him out of his life was Brians way of self protection, even if it wasn't the best way he did it.. for him it was easier to hurt Justin, then to feel how much more it hurts the other way round....

Does that make sense?

icon by Daggi
Old 07-21-2017, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yea it does. The fact Brian thought Justin would leave cause he did once before was sad. Justin standing his ground and telling Brian to his chicken soup was funny.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Spoiler:
Yowza!
Old 07-21-2017, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I wonder did he get off from looking at his own Justin-scribbled drawing.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I wonder did he get off from looking at his own Justin-scribbled drawing.
I guess he was thinking about the artist

icon by Daggi
Old 07-22-2017, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

That's definitely who he had in mind. I know he was staring at himself in the picture, but I think he was thinking about Justin. After all, that is probably the first time his form was admired in such a visual way. Justin did some pretty amazing things this to end up in Brian's heart once and for all.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
Yea it does. The fact Brian thought Justin would leave cause he did once before was sad. Justin standing his ground and telling Brian to his chicken soup was funny.
I thought that was good when Justin went off at Brian and said get your act together and we made a commitment and I'm sticking to it and could have left for so many reasons so eat your soup. Then you see Brian let Justin look after him and let him in that little bit more Justin is so mature for his age What did people think of the age gap between Justin and Brian?

Last edited by fmaldy24; 07-23-2017 at 04:36 AM
Old 07-23-2017, 07:08 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

I did not find age gap between Brian and Justin problematic, because in general I have no problem with that and I never found it inappropriate in their case because their mutual affection and later love seemed very natural to me, they were made for each other. However it caused certain problems or obstacles in their relationship. Although Justin was very mature for his age, he did not understand some of situations Brian went through such as Vermont fiasco (which was aggravated by lack of communication) + no matter how mature he was, Brian was still his "teacher" in many areas and Justin had to become his own man and proved himself so he goes to NYC at the end.

Last edited by Sia; 07-23-2017 at 02:46 PM
Old 07-23-2017, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

The age gap NEVER bothered me, but I can see how some would find it inappropriate. But Brian wasn't the original pursuer of the relationship Even though he took Justin's virginity, after that first night together, he was going to leave well enough alone and not be involved. However, Justin stayed consistent with the chase and Brian finally gave in... I wanna say, some time in mid-season 1.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:41 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

I found new Britin fanvideo on youtube, theme is soulmates (funny we were just discussing this today in Ted´s thread): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etgqmIF8TPk
Old 07-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thanks for fining that Sia I'm going to crosspost it in the vid thread

The age gap between Brian and Justin didn't bother me at all.. Since Justin was so mature and Brian not having any real experiance with relationships, the fitted together very well and were on the same level in a lot of things.. only in situations like the one that caused their fight about the Vermont journey, you realised, that Justin just was a teenager, who didn't think about the importance of getting a partnership in a job.. and you are right if Brian would have explained it a bit beetter to him, I guess he wouldn't have gone alone..

it was so sad to see that Brian canme home all joyfull and wanted Justin to know about his job as the first person and nobody was home.. Justin missed that moment where Brian called him his partner for the first time... and obviously he didn't want to celebrate with his friends, cause after he heard that Justin wasn't there, he didn't tell them about it...

icon by Daggi
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top