Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiebun (View Post)
Maybe we can revive that one or start a new one on that thought. Love that idea!
That would be a nice idea! Or, I'll try and find the old one so that you can have a look!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ok.. so I just watched S2E20 for the groupwatch thread... I came up with some thoughts from watching it again, but didn't want to go too off topic on that thread.

I think as much as it sucked how Justin went about leaving Brian, it needed to happen. Justin needed to be in the "normal/typical" relationship at some point to have him and Brian get to where they ended up. If Justin never had the romance and I love yous from Ethan, he would have always wondered what he was missing.

Since he had his relationship and found out that it was they ideal perfection he was looking for, he was able to appreciate what Brian was and had to offer that much more. He realized that Brian showing his love in his unconventional ways was better than someone who would lie, but "say" I love you.

I like that Brian never lied to Justin. he would just not answer rather than lie. AND he followed the rules that Justin established. Brian was home before 3 (except when Michael got them arrested lol), he didn't kiss others on the mouth, he didn't ****** guys more than once. AND he accepted Justin back after Justin broke his own rules. He kissed the virgin at Daphne's party and then the Ethan (yuck) situation.

I personally have decided that the ending of the show was not an unhappy ending for Brian and Justin. I look at it like Hollywood all over again. Justin now knows that Brian loves him and even says it now. Justin knows Brian would be willing to lose Justin if it meant he(Justin) would be happy. so Justin knows Brian will not go out of his way to distract/bring Justin home. Justin will continue to keep contact with Brian so they are still in love. Justin will make sure they talk on the phone, also make sure the visits actually happen this time. He will reassure Brian that he isn't going to be gone forever, once his art takes off, it will all work out.
In my happy bubble, I sometimes even think that Kinnetic expands and opens an office in NYC and it works out even better for them in the long run.. they both will be in Pittsburgh and NYC. (I like my happy bubble! lol)
Old 03-13-2015, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Your happy bubble accords with an awful lot of fanfic! But don't think for a moment that you'd be off topic with this in the groupwatch thread .. that's exactly what it's for!
Old 03-13-2015, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
OMB!! Are you talking about the QaF ending???? They were going to get married ... but they called it off and Justin went off to New York to be "the next Andy Warhol" and Brian was left alone again!

That's the short version!
Aww. This sucks. And wtf were the writers thinking, after going through so much these two deserved better than that.

I understand Justin's need for words, but actions speak louder than words, and like you guys said, Brian proved he loved Justin so many times. And idk, after Brian finally being able to freaking say those words, Justin should have taken that as the ultimate sign to be with him or something.

I do think they would eventually get together again though, but it sucks that you didn't get to see that on the actual episode. :/
Old 03-13-2015, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thing is Justin didn't want New York .. Lindsay was pushing her own agenda here .. and Brian fell for it!

Justin really meant it when he told Linds "New York isn't my opportunity of a lifetime, Brian is."
Old 03-13-2015, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

What was Lindsay's agenda? (I really need to catch up )
Old 03-13-2015, 02:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Thing is Justin didn't want New York .. Lindsay was pushing her own agenda here .. and Brian fell for it!

Justin really meant it when he told Linds "New York isn't my opportunity of a lifetime, Brian is."
I thought both Linz and Mel were pushing it, and I was pissed about it... why would they feel the need to push them apart instead of pushing them together!!!!! Especially wondered why Linz didn't just drop it after Justin said that... I thought that was one of my favorite quotes of the entire series!!!

summed up the whole relationship of Brian and Justin for me... the best opportunity!!!
Old 03-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I am thoroughly convinced that Cowlip did not want neither B/J nor the fans to be happy, and kept us all the edge of our emotions just for the hell of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready to run (View Post)
Aww. This sucks. And wtf were the writers thinking, after going through so much these two deserved better than that.

I understand Justin's need for words, but actions speak louder than words, and like you guys said, Brian proved he loved Justin so many times. And idk, after Brian finally being able to freaking say those words, Justin should have taken that as the ultimate sign to be with him or something.

I do think they would eventually get together again though, but it sucks that you didn't get to see that on the actual episode. :/

And I agree that it was COMPLETELY essential for Justin to experience "a different kind of love" with Ethan to reconfirm those feelings he had for Brian. I do not think there would have been any growth on his part had he not gotten with Ethan & went through what he did. Of course being disillusioned from any kind of ideal is never fun, but his high expectations for that kind of overly expressed romantic love wasn't reality... and he found it out the hard way.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 03-14-2015, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

The ending is why I can hardly watch S5 anymore and I read fanfic in abundance. I'd rather read a happily-for-now story, than what happened to them in the end.

Re: the separate thread for "we knew it was love when…", we decided that we should utilize this B/J dedication thread for that purpose.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
The ending is why I can hardly watch S5 anymore and I read fanfic in abundance. I'd rather read a happily-for-now story, than what happened to them in the end.

Re: the separate thread for "we knew it was love when…", we decided that we should utilize this B/J dedication thread for that purpose.
I'd rather read fanfic than think about what CowLip did!!

And the thread was a one off Victoria request, which I found earlier!!! And I love some of the more obscure "knew it was love" posts! Happy times!
Old 03-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'd rather read fanfic than think about what CowLip did!!

And the thread was a one off Victoria request, which I found earlier!!! And I love some of the more obscure "knew it was love" posts! Happy times!
could you post a link to the "knew it was love" thread... I love the happy love
Old 03-14-2015, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiebun (View Post)
could you post a link to the "knew it was love" thread... I love the happy love
Sure thing hun!

http://www.fanforum.com/f87/brian-ju...2/index21.html
Old 03-14-2015, 04:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

thank you Debs... I know it's gonna put a BIG smile on my face
Old 03-14-2015, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm getting all teary just reading it.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved every post in the thread!!!!! so much love... even when they weren't together there was so much love!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread