Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Extreme Fan

That's an interesting quote and I think it's very true.
When you first look at Brian, you'd think there is this confident young man who doesn't give a frak about what people are thinking about him. When he really isn't. He relies on what people thinks about him, his reputation (if you want to call it that) is what makes him, what gives him confidence.

And in season 5, they had ppl's attention deviate from him to Brandon. And I think during that times, especially after Justin had left and Brian had that shout-out with Michael (which is one of my favorite scenes, btw), I think he went a little introspective and maybe stopped identifying himself through others. That way, he became more... open and even realized he actually did want Justin in his life.

I have an opinion. So do you. If you respect mine, I will/do respect yours.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Justin was one of the few who understood Brian more deeply. He knew he wasn't as confident as he looked, that he had his vulnerabilities and his fears and he often covered them acting like he doesn't care about anyone. This understanding of Brian, of the fact there was a lot more behind the facade, is what made Justin keep going after him and believing in him, even when it seemed like there was no hope, especially in S1.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Extreme Fan

True. I just stumbled over the Ice Cream Kisses again and that's a perfect example, when Justin even tells him that he is onto him.

And I think it's also Brian who let's Justin see behind the mask from time to time. Even as early on as the pilot, when he recollect the story of his first time, or in the end when he gives him his famous "I don't believe in love"-speech. I don't think he bothered to actually take the time and explain himself to anyone else before or after.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Like Debbie said in 2x06 Justin wormed his way to Brian's heart whether Brian would admit it or not.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Loved that Debbie saw that Justin got to Brian in a way that even Michael never did. She never saw Brian look at Michael the way he looked at Justin when he thought others weren't watching. "Sunshine" worked his way into Brian's heart without even really trying.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 08-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xheartrockx (View Post)
True. I just stumbled over the Ice Cream Kisses again and that's a perfect example, when Justin even tells him that he is onto him.

And I think it's also Brian who let's Justin see behind the mask from time to time. Even as early on as the pilot, when he recollect the story of his first time, or in the end when he gives him his famous "I don't believe in love"-speech. I don't think he bothered to actually take the time and explain himself to anyone else before or after.
I can't agree more
I think that Brian never really trusted anyone before ,and never let himself open up to someone, they way he opened up to Justin. He obviously trusted Justin enough to let him see behind the mask. I mean he trusted his close friends, of course, but that was different.
I love the expression on his face when Justin tells him his onto him

I agree with what you said, girls, about Justin finding his way to Brian's heart. Debbie's lines are one of my favs
Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Extreme Fan

I wonder what it was thta made him trust Justin in ways he never trusted anyone else.

I think another example is that "killing you with kindness"-scene. I love how much Brian tries to be annoyed but you can see he doesn't mind all that mcuh. And in the end, we even learned Justin got through to him.

I love that scene with Debbie, that she sees right through him when nobody else doesn. And that she gets through too him. The way he doesn't answer and only lets out that breath... it always gets to me.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

I think Brian allowed Justin in more than he ever allowed anyone else, because, as Debbie so well put it "You love him, don't you?" he found himself falling for Justin , and there was no way around it. plus Justin really touched his heart.

I love "killing you with kindness"
Old 08-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think one of the reasons, maybe the main one, why Brian let Justin get close enough to discover who Brian really was, is that Justin was very young and naive, at least at first. I really don't think Brian thought Justin was "dangerous" for his heart. He underestimated the situation and when he realized how dangerous it was for his belief that love doesn't exist, it was already too late, he had fallen for Justin.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I totally agree. I think while he did respect him Brian sometimes didn't take Justin all that seriously, especially his feelings.

I wonder if there was some distinct moment or if it was a gradual process...

Old 08-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it was a gradual process though there are moments that stand out.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-24-2011, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that it was gradual but there were some defining moments, like the Prom.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
I think one of the reasons, maybe the main one, why Brian let Justin get close enough to discover who Brian really was, is that Justin was very young and naive, at least at first. I really don't think Brian thought Justin was "dangerous" for his heart. He underestimated the situation and when he realized how dangerous it was for his belief that love doesn't exist, it was already too late, he had fallen for Justin.
Brian was obviously drawn to Justin's youth and naivity , and never 'suspected' he would find himself in a whole different situation, esp since that's what he was trying to run away from.
I like how Justin keeps reminding Brian every now and than (even as early as S1 ) that he (Justin ) is the most mature person Brian knew
Old 08-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sometimes he really was the most mature person Brian knew, while sometimes he was just a teenage brat I think Brian loved that dichotomy.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sure makes Justin interesting
Icon by Zonikita
Closed Thread   Post New Thread