Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
You guys have to look at this entry. I haven't read the text yet, but it's worth looking at just for the animations alone
great post and amazing animations.

Justin was the more emotionaly stable, but I don't think Brian was totally passive.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that even Brian, with all his guards and reservation was so attracted to Justin (and I don't just mean sexually ) that he couldn't resist this relationship.

despite the fact their relationship often felt like a tag of war between them I still think it was an ongoing journy.

Last edited by WildRose; 04-19-2011 at 05:43 AM
Old 04-19-2011, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

When I say Justin had the power, I'm not saying he was active and Brian was passive. They were both in love, they both wanted to be together and worked for the relationship. What I mean is that most of the times the ultimate decisions were up to Justin. The relationship existed as long as Justin wanted it. It wasn't always like that, but I think most times Justin is the one to decide the destiny of the relationship, in positive or negative. I've always felt that most of the times he was the one who called the shots. Yes, Brian made him accept some things to have a relationship, but Justin could have always chosen not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90210-Steffi (View Post)
Okay, now I read this: gaedhal: Your Thoughts?
And honestly... I never would describe myself as an over the top romantic girl, I think I'm very realistic... but either he's talking crap or they somehow missed to write the show the way they obviously wanted to. Because what I have watched over 5 Seasons was nothing like the stuff he's now talking about

And WTF ... about Randy and Gale and the "punishment" for being discontent?!

You know... with reading through the fandom I have to say that CowLip become more and more unprofessionals for me...
Uhm, I'd take all that with some sault. That writer has been saying ugly things about QAF and Randy in particular for so many years now. It always comes up in his interviews (I guess mentioning QAF is good for publicity...). I don't find him professional at all and I don't know how reliable he is in what he says.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's not so much Randy he's badmouthing here, it's more CowLip

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 04-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

Manu-about Justin calling the shots in the relationship, I definitely agree with you. I think that Brian often took one step further and two steps back because he was just too scared, or too cought in the idea that if he would express his emotion or admit he loved Justin he would be considered "lesbionic" or whatever. plus he always thought he's not worthy of Justin's love. so that's why Justin had to work twice as hard to keep them going. but under that rough extirior we do see glimps of the other side of Brian, which still makes it the greatest love story ever.

Last edited by WildRose; 04-19-2011 at 06:56 AM
Old 04-19-2011, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

That was gorgeous But I dont agree with some of the stuff that was said. But it was a great read.

I think in the first season Brian had the power and in Season 5 Justin had the power.

I read some backstage stuff about the fandom. How Randy didnt like some of the writing and he spoke about it publically and they punished him. I also heard that he didnt want to do another season after 5 and so they were mad at him. I also think at Gale because he didnt want to do another season without randy. IDk. Imagine a season without Justin
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."

Last edited by cutie_pie04; 04-19-2011 at 07:21 AM
Old 04-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There's always been rumors about Randy not getting along with Cowlip.

I think the power shifted from season to season until the end where it balanced out.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 04-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with Claudia about the power shift.
I think their relationship were kind of individual journy,as it was a mutual journy for both of them, and things changed as they grew and evolved.

this was the first serious relationship for both of them. there was the age issue here, because as mature as Justin was he was still a teen ager at first, not to mention having to deal with a complxed pesron such as Brian Kinney. but despite everything their relationship lasted five years.
I think that by 513 there were more balanced than ever before.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

The power definitely shifted but overall I think it was more in the hands of Justin, who was emotionally stronger, in my opinion. I think Brian mostly called the shots in S1 and even then, not always. But after that, I think Justin had the relationship's fate in his hands.

About the behind the scenes stuff: I read so many things in these years. Personally, I don't even care that much about what went on behind the scenes. I watched the show and got something from it and the writers or actors or anybody else can say whatever they want, but they won't change my opinion. I think the message of the show, ultimately, isn't really what the writers intended to give, but what the viewers got.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Justin definitely decided a lot of times where the relationship went or didn't and Brian went along with it for different reasons.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 04-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

Justin did most of the work to maintain this relationship, but it takes two to Tango, as the saying goes.
plus I think that at some point, esp after the reunion in S3 Brian had decided to take the faith of this relationship in his hands. he wasn't as vocal about it as Justin was, but he was obviously doing things he's never done before, in terms of showing more of his feelings.
I think it depends on what you mean when you say "this pesron is calling the shots in the relationship". I think Brian, in his own way, did call the shots, but not as much as Justin. I think it made sense for them, though,because they were two different personalities, and it took them time to evolve together and find the right balance of "power" between them.

I definitely agree with Manu about the BTS stuff,btw.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
The power definitely shifted but overall I think it was more in the hands of Justin, who was emotionally stronger, in my opinion. I think Brian mostly called the shots in S1 and even then, not always. But after that, I think Justin had the relationship's fate in his hands.
100% agree!

We saw that... this relationship only worked as long as Justin believed in it and made it work. The second he stopped (Season 2, Season 4 and Season 5) it was over!

The only time Brian tried to make it work resp. really really worked for it was Episode 5.11. All the other times he acted on what Justin gave him.

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 04-20-2011, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Justin is the one that left, twice, and he's the one that came back, twice. Even though Brian did take the decision to take Justin back in S3 and worked to make Justin take him back in S5, the fate of the relationship was in Justin's hands. And Justin is the one that goes to Hollywood and then the one that goes to NYC and Brian lets him. I'm not saying Brian is totally passive, but the biggest decisions, those in my opinion always belonged to Justin after S1. Overall I think that Justin might decide one day that it's over and it really will. But unless he decides that, he can leave 20 more times and Brian will always take him back. It's not a matter of who loves more, but of who needs the other more. Justin is a much more balanced and independent person. Brian needs Justin (and others, especially Michael) to be complete and to have a validation. That's always been one of the most interesting and fascinating thing on the show and in particular about BJ in my opinion: at first sight, Brian is the strong one, but when you look more carefully, Justin is the one that stands stronger. I feel Justin is the stronger character on the entire show.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

I definitely agree with what you said, Manu, about the fact that there is much more to Brian that meets the eye. that's what drew Justin to him,imo.

I think that Brian was able to find the balance, and was mote emotionaly stable at the end of 513. I mean, come on, he had enough faith in Justin, and in the future of their relationship, that he was willing to let Justin go to NYC.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very well said Manu I think it's only towards the end that Brian decided that what he and Justin had was worth fighting for.
Icon by Zonikita
Old 04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

good point,Claudia. I think that after the bomb (ironicly enough ) he realized that he's got to be more up front about his feelings. I'm sure he was still scared to show his feelings,but he knew he had to over come it, because he didn't want to lose Justin again.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread