Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Elite Fan

Lexi- altough those are fictional characters the subject matter is so powerfull and relevent,so I totaly agree with what you say.
I feel BJ are a fascanating couple and their story is so realistic and organic as you pointed out,thanks to those great writers and amazing actors.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lexi what you said is so beautiful. And true. It's nice that BJ made you believe that rl love can exist.

What I really loved about this story is that it wasn't perfect, it wasn't overly romanticized, it wasn't all flowers and big words and gestures. It was very flawed, full of obstacles, but always honest and very strong. That made it seem more real to me.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Elite Fan

my thoughts excetly,Manu.
I also think that before qaf it was so unuseal to watch two guys dealing with those issues of love and relationship,because our society is still very much hetrosexul,but BJ and of course Gale and Randy's brilliant preformence and commitment to their characters changed that concept in a way.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
It's nice that BJ made you believe that rl love can exist.
it's not like i didn't know it was there, it's just after my own personal experiences, and pretty much being the female archetype of brian, minus all the screwing around, lol, i just didn't perceive love the way i do now. don't get me wrong, i'll always be a sarcastic cynic about it, it's just, i'm aware of how invaluable love truly is and can be if you find the right person to share it with a la bj. <3
Old 02-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's a nice thought that QAF had some impact of you, even minimal. When I watch something, sometimes it's just to have fun, but most of the times I want to get something from it, an emotion, a lesson, whatever. QAF and Brian&Justin gave me a lot on an emotional level.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

that is exectly why I got so emotionaly attached to qaf,and especialy to BJ love story.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

manu, i don't doubt this show has touched you more than me! it's funny though because to me, tv is somewhat of a projection of real life, only magnified/dramatized. so really, for whatever reason, i think instead of it being an escape, it's more of a reflection of the human experience, which in turn makes it impossible for someone watching not to walk away with something. if that makes sense. but qaf, in general, is just an amazing series period. like, it's probably one of the very few shows that evolved over each season and never seemed to fall back into the same repetitive hole like so many other shows do.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It changed me in that I was able to see that the gay community faces the same emotional problems that straight people that they are just people who fall in love with their same sex that doesn't makes them weird or anything.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 02-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was always open to gay relationships, never had a problem with that or felt weird or anything. But I don't know about where you live, but my town is still relatively small and Italy in general isn't like the US, so I had never actually see a gay couple before seeing the show. I actually saw a gay couple for the first time this summer in NYC I always felt like gay couples aren't different than straight ones, but the show was helpful in knowing and understanding certain things I couldn't know about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal heart (View Post)
but qaf, in general, is just an amazing series period. like, it's probably one of the very few shows that evolved over each season and never seemed to fall back into the same repetitive hole like so many other shows do.
I agree I never got bored with QAF or felt like they were doing the same things over and over again, as with other shows. Probably it was a good thing it finished with S5, because after several seasons TV shows just tend to fall back to what they already did.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
but the show was helpful in knowing and understanding certain things I couldn't know about.
it was

All of the characters evolved and grew up and that makes for a great show
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 02-07-2010, 02:35 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with you all.
I know I said it before but I think qaf touched so many hearts not only because they dealt with issues that were less commen in tv until then,but also because they had an amazing group of brilliant actors and especilay Gala and Randy,who realy balezed like lightning into people's hearts.(well they sure blazed into mine...)

Last edited by WildRose; 02-07-2010 at 02:40 AM
Old 02-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it'sa mix of it all.
And I love pretty mush every chater on qaf thought Justin is my fave.

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

Old 02-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

What I appreciate a lot about QAF and BJ is that the writers didn't compromise and made Brian&Justin as close as possible to the common straight couples we see on TV shows, which could have made them more appealing to the big audience. The writers gave Brian and Justin their personality and created a love story and a relationship that was a lot of times out of the common rules, but it was so beautiful that the audience couldn't help but falling in love with it, in spite of being very different from what we normally see on TV.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

well that is why i love them i guess.
And BJ wasn't just about them being a coupel. They had their own life away from being a coupel well sort off.
They deeply cared about eachother. Even when they weren't a coupel.

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

Old 02-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I definitely loved that they were enjoyble even each on his own I hate when everything is reduced about a couple, I like the characters that make that couple to have also storylines on their own. It makes everything more interesting.
And I absolutely love that we could see they care about each other even when they're not together sometimes when couple split on the TV shows, it's like they were never together. But with Brian and Justin the feelings were always there and the writers made a point in showing that.

I love your icon btw
Closed Thread   Post New Thread