Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

I like it too. We deifnitely need to continue this discussion in the next thread.

I read everything you said, and yes I understand where Manu is coming from. However, as Lexi said, to change for someone you love, more than change it's compromise, is not a bad thing, it is called love.

I don't think Justin wanted the picket fences and the babies and the Michael/Ben relationship right that second. I think he wanted the possibility of it ever happening, something that Brian never gave him. So from my point of view, it's like being in a non-relationship where you know the other person has feelings for you, just as you do, but at the same time never wants to go to the next level. I would have found it frustrating too.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that it's frustrating to be in such a relationship/non-relationship when what you want is something more. But I also think that Brian did change a lot since he met Justin to when Justin left. During the 4 seasons before the second split, it's not like Brian hadn't given justin anything. He had changed already a lot, he just wasn't ready for the next step. I also think that probably Brian will never be the kind of person for wedding. He was willing to have it to stay with Justin, but we saw how hard it was and how much he was bending himself and his real feelings to make Justin happy. In the end, I think Brian and Justin remain 2 very different people when it comes to certain things. Compromise is difficult but I actually loved the end of season 5. Brian was willing to get married and Justin understood wedding wasn't really necessary. I see that as each of them going towards what the other wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunee (View Post)
the brian kinney operating manual makes me think he is some sort of robot, which clearly he is not... why michael even said that to justin was stupid... as if michael knew brian better than justin anyway... seriously michael shows up to cook soup without groceries... justin comes with! case and point, ugh
I don't always like Michael but there are things about Brian that he knows better than Justin, probably because he's been knowing him for longer. I don't think the "operating manual" was offensive. Michael was just trying to make Justin understand why Brian kicked him off and even though Justin knows Brian and a lot of his flaws, in that moment he hadn't understood, so Michael helped him in that particular situation
Old 08-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Chrissie*~ (View Post)
We deifnitely need to continue this discussion in the next thread.
Yes, you should really do that and open the new thread already.

Hm, or I could start playing the big bad mod...
Old 08-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

You scared me.

http://www.fanforum.com/f87/brian-ju.../#post25411122
Closed Thread   Post New Thread