Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

not many tv shows if any at least not on primetime tv
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 07-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

or what actors would do such a scene? gr are special
Old 07-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yay! New thread! Love the title.

Oh, I LOVE the chair sex scene! It was so passionate and hot, and lots of butt shots, which ain't bad either; you know.

Catching up from the last thread, someone mentioned how sweet was the scene in the country house and Brian's declaration, and I agree. I know some people didn't like it, because it sounded like such an uncharacteristic thing for Brian to do, but I thought it was lovely. He was finally comfortable and open enough to share his feelings with Justin. I think it showed a very sweet vulnerability in Brian that had been hidden for a long while. Oh god, I practically melt with these lines:

Justin: You bought this place?! This palace?!
Brian: It's for my prince.

I know. I can be a total cheeseball sometimes.

It's funny cause I recently watched this episode with a friend, and when Brian said that, my friend goes "Damn, if he doesn't accept then I will" LOL
Old 07-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i've read a lot of dislike for this scene too... some people even say that brian is being sarcastic in a sense, but i couldnt disagree more... i think its love at its finest... and corniest, yes, but brian is finally in a place where he can lay his armor down and let justin in his heart... his can't or won't bs is finally thrown out the window and he's able to tell justin not only what justin wants and needs to hear, but is able to say the words for himself... to go from a mere exhale in season two to a complete declaration in five is a part of the beauty of brians evolution as a character... no, we can't ever totally change who we are, but we learn and grow along the way... thats a part of life, so to belittle brians love for justin because he seems ooc is beyond redic... he's in love after all... and people in love are SOO corny... or should i say ridiculously romantic? hee
Old 07-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

thanks for the new thread! wow, the OP is

Lexi, your post is
Old 07-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't understand how anyone can not like the country house proposal scene. If someone proposed to me like that I'm pretty sure I'd die on the spot. (especially if he looked like Gale)

Old 07-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Elite Fan

Chair!Sex...I need to go rewatch that ASAP.

As for the country house proposal scene, firstly Gale looks soooo good in that scene it kills me. Secondly, I do think some of the dialogue the writers made Brian say such as the prince comment was him using cliched words that others used and that he despised to be a bit mocking, but it does not change thye fact that he meant it. I think it was more him making milf fun of himself for having ended in the situation he always made fun of.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:30 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't think the proposal was OOC. Brian came to a point where he was willing to let his final guard down and do something ridiculously romantic. It was a special moment between him and Justin and I absolutely cherish the scene but I have to admit that it has a sad undertone to me. Brian's willingness to do 'everything' scared me a little. I mean of course it's wonderful if you're in love with someone and willing to make him or her happy but I felt he was willing to give up too much. That's why I'm glad - even though it was painful to watch - that they didn't go through with the wedding. Well, maybe it's just the little egoist inside me who whispers 'Don't give everything up; stay who you are'

Icon by Carmen
Who says love is an easy ride - General Motors?
Old 07-16-2008, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Granted, the "prince" part of the proposal was a bit strange for Brian, but that's what we are used of him. He always surprised us and when we thought we finally understood him, he did something completely unexpected. That's why it was weird and completely right at the same time.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
practice?
Sure as hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiePJBeliever (View Post)
Catching up from the last thread, someone mentioned how sweet was the scene in the country house and Brian's declaration, and I agree. I know some people didn't like it, because it sounded like such an uncharacteristic thing for Brian to do, but I thought it was lovely. He was finally comfortable and open enough to share his feelings with Justin. I think it showed a very sweet vulnerability in Brian that had been hidden for a long while. Oh god, I practically melt with these lines:

Justin: You bought this place?! This palace?!
Brian: It's for my prince.
Don't tell me! I think I faint at some point
I was so happy and it was such an amazing scene
Old 07-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

About that proposal scene... Ok yeah, it's cheesy as hell. But damn, even the most non defined, non conventional couples have such moments. I honestly thought it was incredibly sweet and considering Brian already managed to tell Justin he loved him, it wasn't that OOC for him to let his guards down all the way. Plus he can be after all ridiculously romantic, he just rarely shows this side of his personality.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverDevil (View Post)
Brian's willingness to do 'everything' scared me a little. I mean of course it's wonderful if you're in love with someone and willing to make him or her happy but I felt he was willing to give up too much.
i agree... i completely believe that the gesture and words were what was in brian's heart, but for a person to feel like they need to prove to another that their love is real is kind of sad... i mean for brian to be willing to bend that far for justin is beautiful, but eventually he'd end up in ruin in his own unhappiness and lose it all regardless... justin recognized this and both were able to walk away with their love intact... the important thing is justin finally knew how much brian truly did love him... thats what makes the scene so amazing to me
Old 07-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

That's exactly the reason they didn't get married in the end. Neither of them was ready for that step and they both realized that by going through with this, they'd end up bitter and unhappy, constantly wondering "what if". What if Justin went to NY. What if they waited with a marriage. And a temporary separation seems like a better option than a lifetime of regrets. That's precisely the reason I loved the finale.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I did think that the words were cheesy but the act of Brian proposing something he would never have done before was incredibly romantic
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 07-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, the lines were a bit corny, but like you guys said, I also think Brian (or at least this is what I got from Gale's acting) was also a bit amused of seeing himself actually saying those words, especially in that part where he says "I took a chance on love" and then Justin gives him this "Omg...Who's this person and where have you been all this time?" look. I honestly think it was a very sweet, vulnerable moment for him and I loved it regardless if it was cheesy or not.