Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

and there are always fics
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 06-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah. I have to admit that when I first watched the finale, it was just very heartbreaking, and after drooling for a couple of hours at Gale/Brian's naked figure on the bed, I knew it was just the way their story was supposed to go. I like to believe that although they are not physically together, their commitment too each other is so strong, it goes beyond distance and that they eventually found their way back to each other.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. I refuse to believe in a break-up. They have way too much history and have been through so much together, that they can't just break up. You will probably laugh at me for this, but I think they come very close to being soulmates, even if it sounds corny.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

corny or not it's true
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 06-28-2008, 02:54 AM
Elite Fan

True that! I loved their last scene soooooooooooo much. Gale/Randy just were more powerful than anything I've ever seen in a TV series in that scene, plus the effect of having Justin disappearing from the bed leaving Brian alone ( and hawwwwwwwwt ) was heartbreaking.

On the other hand having Brian wanting to marry Justin is enough for me. I mean this is freakin Brian Kinney we're talking about!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I started watching season 1 again yesterday. I think it's even better when you watch it knowing what's gonna happen in the rest of the series. Justin was so "obsessed" (I can't find a better fitting word, my poor english) with Brian! And so sure they would be together: "He wants me. I'm going to live with him. I'm going to be with him. You'll see". And that's episode 1.04 And we know it will all become true. I love to see how Brian tries to push him away but Justin never leaves him alone. And deep down, Brian doesn't really mind.

I can't really imagine a break up between them after the series finale, considering all the things they've gone through together and how much they love each other. I think it was there since the beginning. Not the real love of course, but there was something there since the start. Justin went through so much crap to be with Brian, putting up with all of his bull****. I don't see why he should give up on him just because they are gonna be in 2 different towns. And I feel like the Brian post-bomb isn't the Brian of the beginning of season 5, when the distance was pushing him to consider his relationship with Justin finished.

Kate the thought of them being soulmates might be corny, but I think it fits with what Brian said: "it's only time". I think in the end the message is their love goes beyond time, space and marriages and doors and rings. Maybe I'm being too romantic
Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

no I agree their love is above things like marriage.
Icon by Zonikita
Old 06-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

I agree as well. I think that love should go beyond religious or legal ceremonies which is my main problem with this institution. A promise of eternal love is beautiful, obviously, but what matters is not that you do this in front of bunch of relatives and friends, but that in private you actually mean it and keep your word as long as it's possible. It's not a ceremony that should define the intensity of your love but one's acts. Words are easier. And marriage in modern society is just a piece of paper anyway.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

considering ted calls michael brians soulmate id rather not think of bj that way... besides i despise that word lol... loves of each others lives im all for

i think today marriage is one of the most unsacred things that exists... people abuse the fact that its so easily available to them and think that once its a done deal everything will be just great... true love should last the test of time regardless of it... its knowing that you love and are loved everyday that matters... brian and justin knew that of each other... like do said, love transcends it all
Old 06-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

like Justin said they don't need rings to prove their love
Icon by Zonikita
Old 06-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with all of you guys. This relationship is special and unique. It goes beyond marraige or any strict institution. It just is, and that is what makes it so amazing.

Coming from a country where divorce is illegal ( I'm not kidding! ), here marraige is taken more seriously,however, it is still an unnecessary step to take if you ask me.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the word soulmates and think it fits.

I just noticed that we suddenly got all romantic in here. What would Brian say to that?!
Old 06-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

Soulmate. I despise that word. Dawson forever tainted it for me

Quote:
Coming from a country where divorce is illegal ( I'm not kidding! ), here marraige is taken more seriously,however, it is still an unnecessary step to take if you ask me.
Yikes. Half my family would be in jail already

Quote:
I just noticed that we suddenly got all romantic in here.
Now take that back! What a horrible thing to say
Old 06-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

chrissie where are you from?

well Brian is romantic in his own way
Icon by Zonikita
Old 06-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DresdenDoll~ (View Post)
Soulmate. I despise that word. Dawson forever tainted it for me :
*cracks up* Oh, how much I disliked that Dawson and his soulmates crappola.

Marriage. Yeah, well, I'm kind of undecided about marriage. I believe that commitment, true commitment between two people doesn't necessarily mean marriage. There are many marriages nowadays that don't even know the meaning of that word. For me, Brian and Justin shared a very strong bond that went beyond the concept of marriage.