Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 08:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. It's amazing how some people think homosexuality is such a threat to their everyday lives and to the entire fabric of society, like everything will just fall apart because of *all the evil gays*... I actually wrote an essay on the gay marriage debate for my last assignment and it was really interesting that way. It's so disgusting how bigoted some people are though.

I've watched qaf with some of my friends, including a male friend. lol it was a bit awkward but he's pretty accepting. It's just funny, you don't know where to look when an *intense* scene comes on... you just stare at the screen to avoid the other person, but then it looks like you're too engrossed

I wish I had other qaf fans to watch it with.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

truly is but that doesnt mean everyone is like that... there are accepting people everywhere now if only the ass holes would stfu

i keep meaning to watch the first couple eps with my roommate to get her into it... but i havent found time, i hope soon... and yea, i fear my squealing and such will freak her out... its hard being a fangirl in the company of others i dont think i could watch it with a male friend though... maybe a gay one... in fact one of my gay friends was the one that kept trying to make me watch for years lol... shoulda listened

mee too! could you imagine every bj scene *play rewind repeat*
Old 05-31-2008, 08:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Haha, we should have some sort of a world qaf marathon convention where we all just swoon and sigh over the b/j scenes. That would be pure joy. And we wouldn't have to be self-conscious about our fangirling!

Old 05-31-2008, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

we totally should! we could watch an ep a day and just come here and squee it out... could be a good time... especially this summer with nada on
Old 05-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yesss! We could do synchronised episode viewing! And squee as we go! I'm totally loving this idea, being the pathetic-fangirl-with-nothing-else-to-do that I am.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

pathetic?! I THINK NOT! ur awesome/cool/bitchin... anything but pathetic

if i had time right now id say lets go for it... but i have errands... maybe later today?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sadly I can't today. At this very moment I'm meant to be doing my assignments... I'm sooo slow, I should have it all done by now. But I just procrastinate to no end. It's 2 in the morning here atm, and I'm not going to sleep till it's done.

And here's the kicker... I haven't actually started yet. All I've done is compile research.
*bangs head against wall*

Old 05-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i forget some people are all on the other side of the world then soon! we shall

dooode! step away from the qaf board! sadly, i cant either... im in the same ship as you and we are sinking
Old 05-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarie (View Post)
Yesss! We could do synchronised episode viewing! And squee as we go! I'm totally loving this idea, being the pathetic-fangirl-with-nothing-else-to-do that I am.
Oooo. I'm in! All my shows are on hiatus now (the worst part of summer, I say. ) It'll be nice to discuss about an specific episode.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

It's funny to hear you guys talking about summer coming. It's starting to get cold here... we have a looong time to wait till summer. But that's okay cause I like winter fashion better I can wear lots of slimming black and avoid the inevitable goth/emo remarks that I would attract in summer.

And I can't step away from the qaf board, or from facebook! I'm serious! I can't!!

(sorry i know i've steered majorly off-topic here)

Old 05-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

You know what cracks me up every time? How straight guys are too scared to say anything positive about another guy's looks in fear they'd be considered gay I don't think women have this problem. Straight women wouldn't mind admitting that another woman looks gorgeous or hot... obviously they'd probably end up calling her a **** afterwards but still

And you guys have summer in time for Xmas. That's not normal

As for B/J - standard question to boost the discussion. What made you fall in love with them?
Old 05-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 05-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do- to answer your question I fell in love with them because of how unique they were and of course how hot they were
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 05-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh Gale, that shiny satiny suit with the pink shirt... why?! I swear anyone would think he's gay and Randy's straight in that pic.

And for Do's question... I was first interested in qaf and B/J because I thought the guy/guy action was hot But what kept me watching was definitely the characterisation - they were both such unique characters, like Claudia (it's Claudia right? pleeease let me have the right name lol) said. And their relationship was unlike anything I'd ever seen on TV.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I got hooked on BJ in the second episode, I think. When Justin goes to Brian's loft and they talk outside and Justin says he wants him and even though Brian says he doesn't believe in love and Justin can't have him, then there's this look he gives Justin's car when Justin's leaving, that says there's gonna be more. I think that's when I got hooked. Then I fell in love with them a little bit more every episode. I loved that dynamic they had, with Brian trying to push Justin away but less and less by the episode, and Justin just holding on to Brian. In general, I loved they were always there for each other, even in those moments when they were not together, like in the first part of season 3. And I loved Justin could always see parts of Brian that nobody else could and Brian actually let Justin see those parts, even though not immediately. And of course, they were hot together
Closed Thread   Post New Thread