Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

it's interesting. I think Brian was a teenage dream lasted too long, but he never was the type of guy Michael could have a relationship with. Ben and David were both different from Brian and they actually had some similarities between them.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

Manu- Do you mean David and Ben had similarities to Brian or to each other?
Old 10-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry I wasn't clear I mean Ben was similar to David in some things, while they were both very different from Brian. I think it's a sign that Brian never was what Michael really wanted and needed.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think the fact that Ben wasn't threatened by Brian or Michael's relationship with Brian helped a lot. That was a falling down point with David, although obviously there were other reasons why it didn't work out between David and Michael, too.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree Ben and Michael started on the right path thanks to Ben understand and accepting that Brian had an important place in Michael's life and always would.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

exactly!
and I think David and Ben couldn't be more different,not just in that espect. Ben was always trying to be at peace with himself and with others, while David was always so competative,and therefor wasn't sensative to the needs of others,esp his partner.
I think Ben and Michael were the perfect match.

Last edited by WildRose; 10-06-2010 at 12:04 AM
Old 10-06-2010, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't agree with you about David, not entirely. But I agree Ben was the best partner for Michael.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Michael had to be with David first in order to be ready for Ben, IMO. David was Michael's first real boyfriend and it was quite serious - I mean he moved to another city to be with him. And he also had his first breakup. Michael made mistakes for sure, but he needed to make them to be in the right place to be ready for a guy like Ben. So in many ways I am glad for David, even though I completely agree that Ben was the best partner for Michael.

I like that Michael and Ben were able to still do a lot of firsts together - becoming parents, getting married, buying a house etc. OK, so we don't know too much about what Ben may or may not have already done in his past (it seems Paul was a serious relationship though), but my impression certainly was that in many ways the relationship Michael and Ben had was them both really finding what they wanted in each other - which included "settling down" and a sense of security among other things.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

Michael obviously had to "taste" some kind of relationship to know what's right for him. I never liked David and everything he represented (sorry,Manu ) and I didn't like Michael when he was with him, but I agree with seershe that he had to go through that to grow from that experience and to realize he needs another kind of partner in his life.
it's great to see Ben and Michael buliding their own life together,despite the fact they each had other "lives" in the past (not to mention Ben's little "adventure" with Brian ).
what I love about them is that they respected each other,and tried to solve their every day problems in a constractive way.
I love the fact Michael stood up for himself (even against Debbi ) and wouldn't back down from his decision to be with Ben.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

The relationship with David was an important experience for Michael and he grew up some during it

But Ben was definitely more suited for Michael. They understood each other more and they made each other happier than David could make Michael.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

I think the fact they made each other happy was the most important thing.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

They had some troubles but I like that even when Ben made mistakes, Michael didn't just accept them, he confronted him about them and they got out of those stronger than before.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Exactly, Michael was a better person when he was with Ben than he was with David. Aside from the fact they loved each other, that was also important.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

I think it was about giving each other space and accepting each other with their flaws.
I think that Michael went through something many people who turn 30 go through,and that's the need,or should I say the pressure to settle down . I think he stayed with David for all the wrong reasons,and on top of it he allowed Debbi to be a "typical" mother and push him into it.
once Michael realized that's not what he wanted,and also that there is no such thing as "Mr.right" the pressure was off,and he was able to really,truly settle down with the right life partner.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't like very much how Deb pushed Michael to be with David. I think it's even more meaningful that he stayed with Ben even though Debbie was against it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread