Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Elite Fan

*cheesy title goes here*

And here's where I make a lame, sappy speech

Oh to hell with it, this is not a goodbye. And as much as I hate those sappy "stepping down" threads, I actually need to tell you some things.

This is official. I've resigned as a mod today, from both this one and HIMYM boards. But you guys are the (un)lucky ones that I will subject to a boring speech

I just want you all to know that my decision has absolutely nothing to do with the show (which I still adore) nor you guys (whom I still adore). This also doesn't mean you'll get rid off me completely. So don't celebrate yet For one, I'll be modding in here until the new mod is appointed. And most importantly... I'm not leaving this place for good. I love it way too much for that and let's face it, I'm too addicted for that.

So here's where the sappy part's coming. Feel free to skip it
I've been a mod of this board for exactly 3 years and one month. Believe it or not, but resigning from this place was a true heartbreak for me.
It's been an absolute blast to mod and whoever gets it now, I just hope they're gonna have as much fun as I did.

Kate - I'll talk to you more in private, but I hope you know you're the best co-mod anyone could wish for and how much your friendship means to me.

And to all of you, I don't think you realize how much I value knowing you guys. Whether I've known you for years or we met here more recently, you had a far bigger impact on me as a person than you know. And for that I'm truly grateful.

So this is it. I made the sappy speech I never thought I'd do... Feel free to mock me for that (but not right away, please?).
~DresdenDoll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm getting teary eyed you're one of the best mods this place could ever have
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
galesgirl645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Awwwww Claudia
Old 04-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
galesgirl645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can I pretend that this thread doesn't exist and that you haven't said that and that this is all a bad dream? Please say yes!

GAH! I just don't want to believe this! You know, I have been a mod of this board for a bit longer than you, but I honestly can't remember not modding with you. It's as if I forgot ever having another co-mod. It's...I don't know, I just can't find any words right now! Seriously, you are so great and modding with you was always fun! I mean, remember all the PMs and e-mails and everything? I'm so going to miss that. Well, I know, we can and will still do that, but this time it will be different topics - mostly.

I don't want you to go!!!
Aikaterini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

Oh Kate you're gonna make me cry. And I'm not going anywhere. I'll still be around. I promise

Quote:
I mean, remember all the PMs and e-mails and everything? I'm so going to miss that. Well, I know, we can and will still do that, but this time it will be different topics - mostly.
Oh hale no! I still want PMs and emails and our usual bitching!
Old 04-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, but...but...I'm scared that it will be different and I don't like changes and....I probably should stop now before it gets worse. I can be strong! And you will be here and on LJ and...I can do this!

Oh, you know, I will send you all my complaints!
Old 04-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

Hey, we can do this! It's gonna be ok, right? Right?

Heh I wouldn't want it any other way! Our bitchiness is a trademark
Old 04-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

*nods sadly* Yes, it will be okay... It has to be!

Too bad most people won't get to see it anymore then. But it's probably better that way.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Too bad most people won't get to see it anymore then.
Oh I'll find a way
Old 04-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now you're scaring me, which is actually a good thing!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm really sad about your decision but I'm sure that you have your reasons and I accept that. It will be strange though, not to have you as a mod anymore. I just want to tell you that you and Kate were a great team and you were an awesome mod. Thank you for the great job you did and for making this board a place where I felt welcome right away and that is like a second home.

We might lose you as a mod but we won't lose you as a friend, and that's what is most important.

See, you're not the only one who is sappy.

Snooglyshnork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome to the sappy club, Carmen! And thank you Do you know I still remember the first time you started posting here? We were all flailing over your username Snooglyshnork and Ugly. Bestest RPS ever written.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Imzadi

I´m sad to see you step down. The only way I know this board is with you and Kate as mods. I hate it when things have to change.

This is the only board I´ve ever posted regularly on. I would have never thought to have more than 1000 posts on a message board, for it´s totally not my thing.
I guess that says enough about how great this place is and you being a great mod was/is one of the most important reasons for that.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Awwww, this is really heartbreaking. Considering, I have known you probably less than anybody here, it is still so sad, because I don't know how and why, but I feel already an integral part of this group and of course you and Kate ar the leaders. I have never known otherwise over here, so I'll miss that loads.

Well, you did a fantastic job as a Mod, and the important thing is that you will still be here because we can't lose you completely, nono. So do not let me come after you!

~*Chrissie*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread