Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2015, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

HTGAWM 1.13 (Mama's Here Now) Episode Discussion

Annalise is wracked with guilt and turns to an unlikely source for help. Meanwhile, Bonnie must step up and represent a new client accused of rape.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Loved the mama, but can someone explain what TF I just watched? I got the main case fine, but the Rebecca stuff. And Rudy.

Her mom killed his wife. He needs another.

Walder / Sansa
Old 02-19-2015, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Did they want us to think that Rudy killed Lila?

Loved the Connor and Oliver stuff.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

i think they want us to suspect rebecca... but i don't think it'll be that simple.

maybe it was frank or someone less suspicious.

powerful episode though, holy cow, the scene with annalise and her mom where her mom admitted she killed her uncle... that was such an amazing scene.

What about that?
Old 02-20-2015, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

This episode has got to be my favorite this season. Well, one of them and I still not over how great Cicely Tyson was, she stole the whole episode for me. Annalise' real name is Anna Mae, that is such a Southern name love it. Mama and Annalise were great I really loved every scene they had and the first scene of the episode with Mama was a great way to begin the episode. All praise goes to Cicely for being a funny but badass mama she shined in every scene.

Coliver I am head over heels these two are great together and for each other. Oliver is slowly changing Oliver's opinion on love but doesn't want to completely change him. Loved drunk Oliver, loved every scene they had.

Bosher, I'm really liking them IDK what's wrong with me but they are quite hot together. Asher's still funny but he truly does care about people and I'm sure he cares about Bonnie.

Bonnie getting a case and being great at winning. She might not be Annalise but she was great.

It was a nice change to see Annalise be an actual human being with feelings (not that she's a cold or bad person) but after everything I truly get why she was so depressed.

So glad the group met Oliver I hope we see Oliver hang around them more often.

Great episode, one of the best if not thee best of the season.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 02-20-2015, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrღMrsStinsbatskys (View Post)
I still not over how great Cicely Tyson was, she stole the whole episode for me.
Yes, yes, yes. Cisely is so amazing, and adding Viola to the mix? Perfection.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

i just cant get into oliver/connor. at all. like, they tried to change connor way too quickly. and idk, connor just comes off so needy and like... idk. i just cant get into it at al.

and don't get me started on the asher/bonnie thing. ick.

What about that?
Old 02-23-2015, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

This was my favorite episode of the season for all involved.

Until last week though, I had no idea Bonnie was a lawyer. Isn't that strange? I always thought that she was a paralegal. I don't think she was given a clear job description before last week. Even then I was unsure based on her lack of confidence.

The Bonnie/Asher thing? I don't know…it's sort of weird. He's hilarious and says the most asinine things. But to me, the kiss was lukewarm. I guess winning a trial is a major aphrodisiac. But Frank sitting in the car, while they were having sex against it, was really hot…so the hot rating went to medium.

I still don't know what to make of Rebecca. She's another one whose role has not been clear-cut. I haven't warmed up to her, and like her better as a snarky, evil character than a sweet, supportive girlfriend. I wouldn't mind if she was the killer.

Cicely Tyson…I LOVE HER SO MUCH! Every moment of every scene she was in, was powerful.

I was thinking about the abuse and how her generation and the ones before, never talked about abuse. They were always told that you don't talk about those things. You never talk about those things.

So Annalise confronting her mother if she knew about the Uncle, was so freaking powerful. A child should trust 100% that their parent will protect them from harm and finding out her mother knew was devastating. But for Annalise, I think that her mother got a little pass for the fire.

Comic relief…when Mama came in and said she was a V.I.P. I totally

I love Oliver and Connor. Connor is still my favorite guy. I have to rewind, but when Connor was telling the guys, before Oliver arrived that he wasn't really his boyfriend, did he say he wants to get laid? That made me sort of sad, because I think they make a sweet couple. Oh…I'm forgetting his big lie!

So…Annalise is a bit cray. I would say she's pretty much a sociopath.

The trial was a little farfetched.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Finally I got to see the episode! How many revelations!

Loved the participation of Cicely Tyson! Was profound, funny and dramatic. She and Viola had a great partnership. Does it back to the finale? I'd love to see them working again.

I still think Annalise and Sam are combined but do not know exactly which will be her strategy to deliver him.

I expect to see more of Frank's past with her and even Bonnie.

Speaking in Bonnie, do not know because they wanted to make it incompetent. This is not necessary for that Annalise shines. Fortunately, she managed to reverse the situation at the end. And I loved the kiss with Asher, until last episode thought they were having fun but perhaps exists something interesting there. It was nice he be the one to support her in the group, despite the bad impression she had caused.

Oliver is so cute ... all shy trying to be accepted by the group of the man who love. I hope that Connor do not hurt him.

The case was also very interesting, though for me be difficult that a woman can to rape a man.

Rebecca always had a covert way, but it will be she killed Lila and is using Wess? And where this strange neighbor fit into all this? More mysteries and I'm just loving it!

When in the middle of the discussion, the mother of Annalise mentioned that such abusive uncle was dead I had a feeling that she had killed him. But the scene that it explains how did was wonderful. Only a mother doing justice for her daughter by the pain of seeing that she went through the same hell. Great scene!

Very excited for finale!
Old 12-27-2016, 01:13 PM
New Fan

Re-watching this episode (and the whole season 1) and...wow, how Nate ever talked to Annalise again, much less slept with her again, after she framed him for Sam's murder is beyond me. I know why she felt like she had to do it, but still a pretty crappy thing to do to him. Especially since he was always so nice and supportive through all her crazy.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Um agreed. That was so insane. Just horrific.