Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2014, 07:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know, I don't study law but I guess someone in his family will take a lawyer to bring them down, or in the justice system ?
Old 11-23-2014, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cause I was wondering why they covered it up when they could have called the police and said it was self defense five people can't lie. However, I guess it was the breaking and entering and Rebrcca stealing his computer
Old 11-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm no legal expert, but I do believe there's truth to what Laurel said. They could all be charged because he asked Rebecca to leave and she didn't, and she stole information. The sequence of events could have implicated them.

I read about a case once where three teens broke into a house they thought was empty. Turns out the homeowner was home and shot and killed one of the teens in the house. Even though none of the teens were armed, they were charged with the felony murder of their friend.

Loving all of the discussion in here, by the way.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the starlight (View Post)
I'm no legal expert, but I do believe there's truth to what Laurel said. They could all be charged because he asked Rebecca to leave and she didn't, and she stole information. The sequence of events could have implicated them.

I read about a case once where three teens broke into a house they thought was empty. Turns out the homeowner was home and shot and killed one of the teens in the house. Even though none of the teens were armed, they were charged with the felony murder of their friend.

Thanks for the information
Old 11-24-2014, 06:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

But, the homeowner was the one who shot him, I don't understand , I think that's not a fair thing, teens do bad things, that doesn't mean they should get killed for it, or charged with something they didn't do..
Anyway, back to the episode, I do believe they could have been implicated, because they were in a private property, the owner told them to leave and they didn't, so the jury will probably side with Sam, they will say he was just defending himself..
But then again there's the fact that he killed Lila, and Rebekah wanted to prove that because he wanted to pin the crime on her, true those evidence will not be used in court since they were obtained illegally, but it can make the jury sympathize with them.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Addicted Fan

As Lila's killer has not been shown, would be interesting that it was not Sam. The creator left it open in the recent interview.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ It would be interesting if it wasn't Sam and would reopen the case for the rest of the season/next season
Old 11-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is driving me crazy. But yes…they would be prosecuted. There are a few terms that I think mean about the same thing.

Accomplice and Complicity…then there's Conspiracy.

What is Complicity or Accomplice Liability? - FindLaw
Old 11-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think I would really like that if Sam didn't do it, it would be so much drama

These terms are complicated, but none of the characters planned it, nor did they conspire about it, so I'm guessing it's just "complicity" because they helped cover the crime and burry the body ?
Old 11-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that Sam not being the killer would definitely add to the drama. In fact…I don't think he did it! That would be too easy.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
But, the homeowner was the one who shot him, I don't understand , I think that's not a fair thing, teens do bad things, that doesn't mean they should get killed for it, or charged with something they didn't do..
The homeowner wasn't charged because the teens broke in and he felt his life was in danger. One definition of felony murder is, "It makes any participant in such a felony criminally liable for any deaths that occur during or in furtherance of that felony." So it's interesting to put that into perspective with the students here.

And I don't think Sam killed Lila either.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
And I don't think Sam killed Lila either.
I have my doubts on that as well, it would be too easy if it was Sam's doing
Old 11-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Since this was mentioned in Annalise's thread, I thought it would be appropriate here…

We know that Sam was a serial cheater, but how do we know that he was a "bad" man. We saw him become physical by "putting his hands" on Annalise, but was it said that he was violent and an abusive husband?

NEVER…NEVER do I condone physical abuse, mental abuse, verbal abuse or any kind of abuse…but for the sake of argument, could it be by Annalise's own verbal assault and telling Sam that she was with another man, he flipped?

Again…I'm just saying that we don't know if he was a violent man.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Since this was mentioned in Annalise's thread, I thought it would be appropriate here…

We know that Sam was a serial cheater, but how do we know that he was a "bad" man. We saw him become physical by "putting his hands" on Annalise, but was it said that he was violent and an abusive husband?

NEVER…NEVER do I condone physical abuse, mental abuse, verbal abuse or any kind of abuse…but for the sake of argument, could it be by Annalise's own verbal assault and telling Sam that she was with another man, he flipped?

Again…I'm just saying that we don't know if he was a violent man.
I don't know to be frank, but he's a liar, and he tried to kill Rebekah, like actually kill her, I don't think a good person would try to kill someone without even hesitation or physically abuse someone even if that someone verbally abused them. I'm sure Annalise pushed his buttons, but if these buttons can make him want to hit her, or kill somebody, then Lila could've pushed his buttons as well.
I think he's violent. but socio violent, like he doesn't really show, because he's really calm most of the time.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Addicted Fan

I think he was a underhanded man who could get violent when pressed. He just was attack Annalise because he felt that she would harm him, his strength was manipulation through sex. He Tried with Annalise, Bonnie and Lila.