Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2016, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

HTGAWM 3.06 (Is Someone Really Dead?) Episode Discussion

"Is Someone Really Dead?" – A revelation in the Wallace Mahoney murder rattles Annalise and the Keating 5
as the team takes on the case of a veteran facing assault charges.

Written by Fernanda Coppel and directed by Sharat Raju.

Last edited by keep the starlight; 10-26-2016 at 07:13 PM
Old 10-27-2016, 06:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for making this..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-27-2016, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

This was a great episode. I'm thinking that Nate or Connor are under the sheet based on the clues so far. It cannot possibly be Frank because she wouldn't give a . Making it Wes would be insane because so much of the show centers on her relationship with him.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been saying Nate all along, but I think that may be a bit anticlimactic.

I'm having this weird feeling that it's Wes because they're wanting us to think it could be Connor (as of the end of this episode).

I JUST WANT TO KNOW.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

At the beginning of the season 3, I thought it was going to be Nate or Wes under the sheet because of Anna's reaction, but now I think it could be Connor.

I hope it is not Connor because he is my favorite Keating five member besides Michaela.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 10-28-2016, 12:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the starlight (View Post)
I'm having this weird feeling that it's Wes because they're wanting us to think it could be Connor (as of the end of this episode).
Plus Connor is one half of their most popular ship. I was pretty much convinced it's not him, and then they're being too obvious so that just adds to it.

I was really disappointed that Asher was revealed as safe, because he was pretty much my last hope of it being someone other than Wes. (I mean there's Nate and Frank, but I'd started thinking it was a K5 because they keep saying heartbreaking and surprising etc and I'm just not sure that would apply to someone outside that group)
I'm fairly new to this show, and I really like it.. but if they kill Wes I'm not sure I'm going to stick with it.

Oh and ZOMG Wes/Laurel.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
(I mean there's Nate and Frank, but I'd started thinking it was a K5 because they keep saying heartbreaking and surprising etc and I'm just not sure that would apply to someone outside that group)
This has been worrying me too. For the cast Nate and Frank getting killed off would probably be horrible too, given their actors have been an important part of the show from the beginning. But for the audience the biggest impact would be one of K5. I still hope Wes and Connor make it, but Idk. And, much though I enjoy the show in general, I’m not sure if I’ll continue watching either if they kill Wes. He’s my favorite.

As for the ep in general:

- Wes, let me give you a . I get where other characters are coming from when they are harsh on him and/or blaming everything on him because all of this is obviously hard on them. But part of me is also always yelling “Leave my Wes alone! You’re wrong anyway.”

- I think Annalise’s university boss lady nemesis is my favorite minor character this season. Maybe it’s the actress’ charisma and/or how well she and Viola play off each other.

- Annalise/Bonnie dynamic is always fascinating. The two of them plus Frank are a twisted little family, just like the K5.

- I love the Michaela/Connor dynamic too, but I wish they would equalize it a little. She stopped being mean about things that really upset him, while he hasn’t stopped being mean about things that really upset her. They can keep the mutual teasing without making it unbalanced. They were mostly good this ep. This is more of a general observation/impression.

- Laurel/Wes! Finally!

- I feel bad for Meggy though. Didn’t expect the writers would have her say she loved Wes before they broke up. Not that it wasn’t obvious she cared about him.

- I’m glad there was no “where did Wes go?”/“did Wes turn himself in?” cliffhanger. I don’t want to worry about that till next Thursday.

ETA:
- I almost forgot, for the Mean Girls references.

Last edited by Slayerette89; 10-28-2016 at 03:47 AM
Old 10-28-2016, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

I think I'd still watch even if Wes died, but I'd be pissed off. He's my favorite and I like Wes/Laurel. I do think it's Connor because they broke up Connor and Oliver and so far, no one can find him. If everyone's saying something harsh to her next week, maybe what he says is the worst. He was really harsh to Wes this episode and she cares about Wes more than than the others. Her reaction will make sense if it's Wes,but they had all this build up to Wes and Laurel being a couple all of a sudden.

I feel sorry for Meggy since she loves him and his reason was that she didn't need to get involved with things. She wound up getting involved with it anyway because of the fire and Laurel being pregnant. Once she finds out who died,it's going to make things even worse. If Wes is the one who died,she will lose her . She'll know something was seriously wrong and Annalise being in jail will cement it.

Annalise had a right to be upset with Bonnie. She picked Frank over her and it was messed up.

Everyone seems to be hassling Michaela lately and I don't get why her being from the south is such a big deal all of a sudden.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought there were a lot of great scenes in this episode, but I especially liked the moment on the stairs between Wes/Annalise. "I wanted to be a better person." So good.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved that scene too but I always love their interactions.

I'm glad we found out Asher is alive, but Im getting worried for Connor and Wes now. Nate seems too obvious, I agree, I feel like he WILL end up being safe in the end. I also dont want it to be Frank so ugh, this sucks for me. Maybe its Bonnie? Or did we see her alive already, I forget lol.

The episode wasn't as interesting to me as some past ones. I dont really care abut Oliver's love life and I agree with Connor, so much for him wanting to be "alone"? It makes no sense to me.

Also dont care about Laurel/Wes, to me they just dont fit together at all.

Asher/Mikaela are fine but Im getting bored of them. This show, for some reason, doesn't write their couples that well imo. None of them are al that interesting to me, just sort of there.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bonnie is alive in the flash forward, and it's been confirmed a male. So it's down to Frank, Nate or Connor. Gah.

I kind of understood the Connor/Oliver breakup from Oliver's POV. I don't think he liked who he was becoming with Connor and what both were willing to say was "OK" that on a moral level isn't all that okay. I don't think that's on Connor, but I do get it. But I'm not invested in Oliver's love life either. And that guy at the door creeped me out a little.

I just don't feel much with Wes/Laurel. I don't hate them or anything, but idk. To me they're one of those pairings that should work because the build up has been there, but somehow it still feels forced. I did like the height difference in their hookup scene so there's that. lol. Alfie makes Karla look so tiny.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
And, much though I enjoy the show in general, I’m not sure if I’ll continue watching either if they kill Wes. He’s my favorite.
Yeah, that's me. I don't just enjoy the character of Wes, but I can't imagine the show without him, and them killing him off would annoy me. (so they could have a shock value..? And Wes doesn't deserve that) Plus the only couple I'm shipping on the show right now is Wes/Laurel. And I really like Laurel too, but then her getting back together with Frank would probably be a given, and I can't watch that.

A few comments on the ep:

"Take another step and I'll chain you in the basement like Rebecca." ohhh Annalise you did not. I wonder when Wes will learn the truth. Probably in the next 2/3 eps if they're killing him off.

Asher dancing to Cotton Eyed Joe was both amusing and annoying, because I don't really like that he keeps on at her about her family and roots and not listening to her. The you're my family thing was sweet, though. I'm still not super feeling their relationship though.

Connor, Michaela and Asher were being really childish to Laurel about her knowing about Wes' bio dad. Laurel knew because her and Wes are close, but was it really any of the others business before?
I did like that there was Mean Girls references in the show, but yeah.. childish of them.

Also wasn't a fan of Connor dumping everything at Wes' feet. He did bring Rebecca into their lives (though I'm not sure that she deserved for Lila's death to be pinned on her which is what would have happened if he hadn't) but he wasn't in control of Rebecca's actions in breaking in that night, and even before all that.. it started with Sam and Frank killing Lila.
Plus it could have just as easily been Michaela who killed him.. when he went over that balcony.

Wes/Laurel.. I wasn't expecting that purely because I didn't think we'd see Laurel have sex with anyone to really have a greater who's the daddy storyline. (not that I think it's Wes for sure)
I knew that Alfie was really tall and Laurel was kind of shot, but the height difference was more noticeable than ever in this ep. Not that that's a bad thing IMO.
I love these two together, I just wish I wasn't convinced that they're killing Wes so I could enjoy this more.

And related to that.. I felt bad for Meggy. I was always rooting for Wes/Laurel and knew the break up was coming, but she seems like a really nice girl, so..

Didn't like Annalise going for the "spread your legs for him" to Bonnie.

Didn't Wes already know about Annalise' child? She was talking to him in a scene from.. last season I think, and there was the flashback of that so I thought she'd told him.

I like Oliver/new guy so far, but I don't think that'll last long because they'll swing back to Connor/Oliver.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Everyone seems to be hassling Michaela lately and I don't get why her being from the south is such a big deal all of a sudden.
This. Especially Connor and Asher joke constantly make her really uncomfortable and it's not cute or fun. Of course the are not the most sensitive ppl out there, but they are both supposed to care about her more deeply and be more considerate by this point. I love their little group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Yeah, that's me. I don't just enjoy the character of Wes, but I can't imagine the show without him, and them killing him off would annoy me. (so they could have a shock value..? And Wes doesn't deserve that) Plus the only couple I'm shipping on the show right now is Wes/Laurel. And I really like Laurel too, but then her getting back together with Frank would probably be a given, and I can't watch that.
It would come off as a cheap shock value move and it would put me off the show, much though I generally like it. I don't want that kind of poetic injustice. I watch tv for escapism, not to get angry over a poor immigrant with a horrible life suffering and then dying. Not a fan of L/F either. Even if it wasn't for L/W I would still dislike that relationship.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
It would come off as a cheap shock value move and it would put me off the show, much though I generally like it. I don't want that kind of poetic injustice. I watch tv for escapism, not to get angry over a poor immigrant with a horrible life suffering and then dying.
This! 100%
Old 10-30-2016, 03:15 PM
Supreme Fan

If Connor is the one dead, I'll be pissed. To make everyone happy, it better be someone like Nate. Someone who is semi big but not that many people care about especially since him and Annalise are done.

But if it has to be one of the Keating 5, my choice is Wes.
I can also see it being Wes because Laurel's baby is clearly gonna be his and him dying would make it "worse"
It was a Perfect Illusion