Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^it was, it showed just how close they all were.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

I posted this on the Angel board and just thought I'd bring it here as well. Its a blast from the past with some pretty sweet Doyle/Cordy words compliments of Charisma:

Quote:
Excerpt from "Biting Talent", the May 2000 Starlog interview with Charisma Carpenter by Ian Spelling:

"I really don't know which is which and I don't ask," Carpenter says. "All I know is that I am sad. I was very sad to see Glenn go. Personally, there was a kinship. There is a friendship that forms when you work that many hours. He was very charismatic and jolly and just an all-around fun person to be with."

"As far as the characters go, Cordelia and Doyle had such a great, great relationship. There was a lot of chemistry. My Mom said, 'I was really sad to see him go because I really felt for him wanting to get to you. I felt he was going to reach you and then he pulled back. And it was so compelling.' So I think the show suffers a bit for taking that away. But Joss and David are very smart. They're very good writers, so I'm sure they'll make up for it in some other area. I don't think that our show is going to die, that we'll lose out momentum or anything. But I have a little bit of a thorn in my heart over it."
source

Old 06-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

What Charisma said was so sweet and she basically said everything I feel about CD as well. There was so much potential to be explored and it is wonderful how just 9 episodes where enough for their story to be remembered... still.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 06-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Awwww how sweet is that? Poor Charisma was so sad to see him go

You know, what she said kinda reminds me of what DB said after CC's departure from the show. Both CC and GQ left in a similar manner

Angel&Cordelia/Sawyer&Juliet/Monica&Chandler/Logan&Veronica/JD&Elliot/Jeff&Annie/Lois&Clark
Old 06-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemariz (View Post)
Awwww how sweet is that? Poor Charisma was so sad to see him go
A thorn in her heart. It means a lot to know that she supported their onscreen relationship and that she was sad to see her friend leave the show.

Quote:
Both CC and GQ left in a similar manner
Very true. Shady circumstances that were never really explained to the public.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Shady circumstances that were never really explained to the public.
OMG that's so true... then again I read that DG was planning on writing Doyle back in as the big bad of season 2 but it would've ended happy for his character... then they decided just to bring back Darla.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

^That was the official story-- that they wanted to have Doyle return as a big bad, although I think I had heard that they were aiming for S5 or something. They were waiting until Glenn got his personal crap together, so they could bring him back. We all know that never happened. Sadly.

I understand why Joss & Co. lied about firing Glenn. They did that to protect him and his career. Knowing what we know now, I think it was actually the right thing for them to do in that particular instance. However, with CC the whole thing is still a mystery...
Old 07-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's true, and I'm glad they did that to help Glenn, but yes the whole story thing with CC -- that's still in the dark.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

I suppose it is none of our business, but it doesn't stop me from being curious!

Interesting that Doyle and Cordy mirrored each other onscreen and off. They were forever linked.

Last edited by firewall; 07-01-2011 at 01:12 PM
Old 07-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

^Yeah that's interesting And true, both Cordy and Doyle had similar paths

Quote:
I understand why Joss & Co. lied about firing Glenn. They did that to protect him and his career. Knowing what we know now, I think it was actually the right thing for them to do in that particular instance. However, with CC the whole thing is still a mystery...
It's not much of a mystery imo...CC has admitted that Joss got mad at her for being pregnant and that he blamed her for ruining his plans for S4

Angel&Cordelia/Sawyer&Juliet/Monica&Chandler/Logan&Veronica/JD&Elliot/Jeff&Annie/Lois&Clark
Old 07-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

^True. I've heard her say that. I just figured there had to be more to it than the pregnancy. But maybe a spade is just a spade.

They were both so pretty:

Last edited by firewall; 07-01-2011 at 06:40 PM
Old 07-02-2011, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

Beautiful art

There was a lot of rumors, very contradictive, surrounding Glenn's and Charisma's departures. With Glenn is was: "We planned it from the start, because we love doing edgy things like killing off a character you'd think will be there till the end" - but it looked weird since Doyle's death was a bit rushed and also he was so popular among fans that killing him of at the very beginning of the show would just annoy fans and no new show wants to lose raitings. Then there where rumors about some "creative differences" and also rumors about the writers planning to bring Doyle back, even though Glenn never mentioned that in his interviews and never said he got this kind of an offer. Apperently, the writers wanted to play with the audience who still wanted Doyle back to keep them watching. Then things just went on, ATS fans becamed more loyal to this show and where not as annoyed by Doyle's death anymore, they just dealt. Darla as a big bad was amazing and Lindsey & Lilah where good too. However, people still would have been happy to see Doyle coming back at least for one episode (which wouldn't have been hard to do) and then already after Glenn's death writers said that they where going to bring him back in S4 or 5, but honestly I don't realy trust those rumors, since if they had wanted it, they would have found a way to do it, and if they had known it is not gonna work because of Glenn's personal issues, they wouldn't have even considered it in the first place.

Those are really things we will never know I guess I'd like to read more on CC departure, I never heared much of it. Was it because of her pregnancy?

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 07-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

^I think so. CC said that Joss was angry about her pregnancy because it suppossedly ruined what he had planned for S4 and that she found out she wasn't coming back for S5 by the press, that nobody from the show called her to tell her or explain to her anything. That's all we know so far.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure that's the whole story. Although the budget cuts in S5 didn't help either.

I think they've cleared the air since then, though. I know I saw at least one interview where Charisma said that she and Joss had spoken and both agreed they want to work together again in the future.

Going back to Glenn/Doyle... I don't think that bringing him back was an outright lie, per say. I honestly think that they would have brought him back if Glenn was healthy. He was beloved by the fans and Joss usually found ways of bringing back or extending the stays of fan favs (schedules permitting, of course). Sometimes RL got in the way of those plans and that was certainly the case for Glenn. And the reason he never did any interviews that talked about being asked back to AtS is because he really wasn't doing any interviews by that point...
Old 07-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^that picture looks like a romance novel almost.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.