Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

^Same here. That art.

I have no doubt that if they'd been given more time together they would be the defining couple of the series. As it is, I think Cordy realized she loved Doyle posthumously and always regretted losing him before she had a chance to express that.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^I do feel the same way that Cordy regretted not having more time with Doyle, and I'm sure he felt the same. I do like to think that he was given a chance to see what his future would've been like if he hadn't jumped and all three survived... though with ATS we know that nothing ends with a happy ending fully.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

Most of the Whedonverse ends in tears. It is Joss' way.

Despite everything, I know Doyle was OK with his own death. His love for Cordy & Angel, and his desire to repent for his sins were enough to bring him peace in that one last moment of his life. It wasn't as easy for the ones left behind. Both Birthday and You're Welcome clearly show that Cordelia still clung to her memories of Doyle.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know Doyle was OK with his own death. His love for Cordy & Angel,
That's the reason he's a true hero to me, because it wasn't just about him but about the loved ones he cared about!!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

He was a true hero in every sense. It just took some time for him to see it.

Beautiful Doyle picspam from tumblr.

source
Old 06-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OH MY FLIPPIN GOD!!! I LOVE that art work!!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Elite Fan

That artwork is stunning Thanks for posting it.

Quote:
I have no doubt that if they'd been given more time together they would be the defining couple of the series. As it is, I think Cordy realized she loved Doyle posthumously and always regretted losing him before she had a chance to express that.
I completelly agree. If only they had been given a real chance and more time for developement, I'm sure they would have been the main relationship of ATS. I think it is definitelly true that Cordy always regretted the fact that she and Doyle never had a chance and he had to die right after she realized she has feelings for him. But I think it is true that Doyle would never regret giving up his life for Angel and Cordy. I believe he loved them more than any other people in his life And I still believe that in a better world Cordy and Doyle found each other. They where meant to be and meat again, even in a such a sad way...

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 06-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I believe he loved them more than any other people in his life
It's true he did they were such a close family.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

^The three of them were absolutely perfect together. I loved the way Angel's affection for both Doyle and Cordy was very brotherly. Angel was probably the biggest Cordy/Doyle shipper of all.

Glad you like that art. There's more where that came from if you follow the source link. She made picspams for each of Doyle's episodes and they are all amazing.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Angel was probably the biggest Cordy/Doyle shipper of all.
I completely saw that in season 1 also. It was so adorable I think I saw it more so though in "Bachelor Party" when he saw how much Cordelia began to see another side to Doyle.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

^ I loved that scene. He finally got to put in a semi-good word for Doyle after Doyle had been begging him to from the beginning. Granted, it was subtle, but Angel wasn't really matchmaker-guy.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I completelly agree. If only they had been given a real chance and more time for developement, I'm sure they would have been the main relationship of ATS.
I actually agree with this. If he hadn't died they probably would've been my OTP of the show too but since he did, well, they're not Having said that, I love the dynamic between the three of them and yes, I also agree that Angel shipped Cordy/Doyle

Angel&Cordelia/Sawyer&Juliet/Monica&Chandler/Logan&Veronica/JD&Elliot/Jeff&Annie/Lois&Clark
Old 06-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydreams (View Post)
^ I loved that scene. He finally got to put in a semi-good word for Doyle after Doyle had been begging him to from the beginning. Granted, it was subtle, but Angel wasn't really matchmaker-guy.
nope sadly he wasn't.

Quote:
I actually agree with this. If he hadn't died they probably would've been my OTP of the show too but since he did, well, they're not Having said that, I love the dynamic between the three of them and yes, I also agree that Angel shipped Cordy/Doyle
They were and still are my OTP of season 1. I don't know how that's possible or makes any sense but they are.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

All of that makes sense. Despite the fact that we never got more than the potential for greatness, they are still #1 for me.

And, on a related note, I tend to credit her eventual almost-relationship with Angel as a direct result of Doyle's influence on both of their lives. Their grief over losing him made them closer, and more importantly Cordy stepped into Doyle's shoes as both seer/guide and best friend to Angel. That is the reason they grew so close and eventually fell in love. Doyle brought them together, which (for me) means that in some weird way he was a part of that relationship, too.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I tend to credit her eventual almost-relationship with Angel as a direct result of Doyle's influence on both of their lives. Their grief over losing him made them closer, and more importantly Cordy stepped into Doyle's shoes as both seer/guide and best friend to Angel
Oh I completely agree that's one of the reasons I can't forget their relationship and still consider them the official couple in season 1.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.