Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

I loved s3. Mainly the first half of it too. Especially for Cordelia's characterization. I hated how they changed her in the second half of s3. I know some of you might not have seen the change or thought it was a natural change. But I did see it and didn't like it. And I hate how unresolved all of the changes were in later episodes/seasons. Plus, I am not a fan of C/A. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] But everything else about s3 I loved!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Jenn
Old 12-08-2003, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Originally posted by ~*Magical*~:
]I loved s3. Mainly the first half of it too. Especially for Cordelia's characterization. I hated how they changed her in the second half of s3. I know some of you might not have seen the change or thought it was a natural change. But I did see it and didn't like it. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] But everything else about s3 I loved!

yeah it was almost like they sucked the life out of her

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 05:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

Birthday is my favorite episode as well. Oh and the last episode that aired on TNT was That Vision Thing. Hee. I loved this episode!

And I liked how later on they showed Billy. I liked how they did that.

Sigh. The beginning of Season 3 showed so much promise and then it all went awry. Ugh. ME really knows how to screw things up.

In That Vision Thing, Lorne tells Cordy that she has some power of her own. I find that very interesting and this could have been a foreshadowing of sorts like they did in Season 2 but sadly, ME never really followed this up and like with a lot of Cordelia's storylines, left it at that.

[ 12-09-2003: Message edited Starlightmint ]
Old 12-09-2003, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

I love how they followed up on Billy too. And the ending when Cordelia has the crossbow on him. She was kick ass in that ep. I enjoyed the talk she had with Lilah too. And then Lilah shot Billy, haha, too bad woman hating Billy boy. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

Billy probably should have aired on TNT by now. Such a good episode. Great content, good dialogue (the Cor/Lilah face off!), and I really liked the attention it gave the characters of Cordelia and Wesley.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

I definatly liked all the Cor/Lilah stuff, I think they had potential to become friends if you know, Cordy hadn't killed her.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2003, 07:38 PM
Total Fan

Well it wasn't really Cordy who killed her. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

But you're right the Cordy and Lilah stuff was great. Too bad there wasn't much more interaction after Billy.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Well Evil!Cordy.

Old 12-29-2003, 01:07 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Nikki*~:
<STRONG> I think they had potential to become friends if you know </STRONG>
That's true. They both know their shoes for one thing. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I wonder, since a lot of people I know dislike Season 4, does anyone like it? And if so, why? Just, you know to get a discussion going. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2003, 01:23 AM
Master Fan

I don't really know how I stumbled here, maybe it's because of my guilty pleasure for Cordy, but I really enjoyed S4. The last few episodes after Jasmine emerged, not so much, because they got awfully boring and Jasmine was really lame. But the building up tension throughout the season with the Beast, and all things Connor, and esp. with all things Wes, made it pretty intersting, I thought. Angelus talked more than he did any harm, but I didn't complain about getting him back; I liked Gwen until she slept with Gunn, and I loved Rain of Fire, especially when the Beast dismantled Angel and Co. There were particulars that make it memorable as well, like any Wes/Lilah scenes, like the ones from 'Home'; the end of 'Players' had me on the edge of my seat, and Angel's dream at the beginning of 'Deep Down' was very haunting and beautiful. And Wes and Faith, especially when he carries her in after being beaten [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]. For those reasons, I liked S4. For me, the storytelling was well done; compelling and interwoven with intense characters. S4 falls second only to S2. I love me some shotgun toting Wes.

And I agree. S3 had so much potential, but they really squandered it away.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

I think S4 had alot of potential but in the end it didn't live up to it. It could have all been made better with the normal Cordy and perhaps some C/A love.

I did like the whole "end of the world" angle and the Beast was cool until they easily killed him off. I also loved the stuff with Faith.

Old 02-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

Bumping up to avoid pruning.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Starlightmint:
<STRONG>Bumping up to avoid pruning.</STRONG>
good idea

and i heard a lot about birthdya which of course it at the top of my Ats fav eps list

Bhery
Old 03-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

There were parts of Season 4 I liked and parts I didn't. The parts I liked : Connor the stuff I did not like: everything else.

I disliked Season 4 because of what it did to Connor. He had so much potential. He could have been an uber-vamp or they could have followed up that Vampiric Messiah storyline from Season 3. But no, his character gets sacrificed to further the Evil!Cordy/Jasmine storyline that was garbage anyway. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

To make matters worse, Angel decides to "fix" his son by killing him and giving him new memories. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

AAAAAAAAAAArgh!!!

I knew the moment that they had Connor sleep with Cordy that he was digging his own grave. I wasn't a C/A shipper and I don't see Cordelia as Connor's mother at all (don't get why people insist on seeing it that way DARLA was Connor's mom) so it wasn't that aspect that bothered me. It was that I knew all the C/A people would blame Connor for getting between Angel and would begin to hate him, and sure enough, it happened. A great character with TONS of potential was never given a chance to shine.

It just pi$$es me off. And everyone just gave up on him. I get that he was out of control but....Arggh...mindwipe him? Destroy Connor's essense until nothing is left but a cheap ClockworkOrange! carbon copy clone? What, Angel couldn't afford a pychiatrist? He figured it'd be cheaper to kill his son and replace him with a Distubing Behavior clone?

Sigh...Whatever.

I think I'll ever remain bitter about the treatment of Connor. Connor was the only thing that kept me watching Angel in Season 4. He was the only character I gave a flying gerbil about at all.

Sigh, the series finale should be Connor regaining his memories and leaving town with Lindsey giving Angel the finger. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Connor: I think I'm losing my mind.
Avery: Dude, your'e starting to freak me out.
Connor: How do you think I feel?
-Angel Spotlight: Connor
Old 03-16-2004, 10:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

hey guys, does angel show on fox?
Marissa: Thank You