Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Unholy: Nick's new movie!

Thought I would start a thread dedicated to the movie that Nick is currently filming.

Quote:
From MoviesOnline:

Man, the last time I remember seeing Adrienne Barbeau in any type of film, let alone a horror film would of been "The Fog and Creepshow". I know, I've been out of touch with this buxom babe - but now I'm here to say "I'm reaching out for you Adrienne, I'm reaching out!"

Unholy, directed by Daryl Goldberg is about; the mother (Barbeau) of a girl who suddenly and without reason kills herself. Unable to cope and move on, Barbeau and her son (played by "Buffy" star Nicholas Brendon) begin to look into the things her daughter was involved in and soon discover a conspiracy involving an experiment called "The Unholy Trinity." It involves Nazi witchcraft and members of our own government to give you an idea how messed up it is.

The backbone of the story is a real myth in the area of Pennsylvania where the film takes place. Unholy's writer, Sam Freeman, gives some insight; "I've always been a huge fan of Horror films," he tells Dread Central "It was my goal to write a film that wasn't your standard straight-to-video fare or pastiche of films that have come before, but rather an original creation based on an unpopular myth. Whether it is unpopular because the area of PA is so isolated, or for other conspiracy-esque reasons...I guess we'll never know."

The film just started shooting last weekend in and around Queens and as soon as we hear more information, we'll be sure to bring it to you.
Other links to the same/similar info:
Dread Central
Fangoria
Dusk 'til Dawn

Hopefull we will be able to find even more information (and maybe a few pics) as filming continues.

So, here's the thread to use for all things related to this film... Enjoy!
Old 01-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Cool...Thanks, Rob!

claudia
Old 01-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

a new project
Old 01-26-2005, 03:58 AM
Elite Fan

I hope that we will be able to get more information about this, since it has already started filming. And, pics would be awesome, too!
Old 01-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Here is a press release from the production company who are producing Unholy:

Quote:
Features "Buffy" star Nicholas Brendon and "Carnivale" star Adrienne Barbeau.

For Immediate Release

NEW YORK, N.Y./EWORLDWIRE/Jan. 26, 2005 --- "Unholy," a new feature length thriller starring Adrienne Barbeau (Escape from New York, The Fog, Carnivale) and Nicholas Brendon (Psycho Beach Party, Buffy The Vampire Slayer) has begun shooting in Queens, N.Y., this past weekend. Under the directorial eye of Daryl Goldberg, and penmanship of Samuel Stephen Freeman, "Unholy" is the first in-house feature for Sky Whisper Productions. Sky Whisper Productions served as an associate producer on "Zombie Honeymoon" which is currently on the festival circuit. Joshua Blumenfeld and Freeman are Sky Whisper's executive producers.

The film deals with a grieving mother, Martha (Barbeau), trying to uncover the terrifying secret that is jeopardizing her family. Along with her son (Brendon), Martha becomes entwined in a conspiracy involving a fabled witch, Nazi occultists and the U.S. government. The film is inspired by an actual military document found discussing elements of Nazi witchcraft that were smuggled into small town Pennsylvania following World War II by the U.S. administration.

"We are thrilled to have actors of the caliber of Adrienne and Nicholas on Sky Whisper Productions' first feature film," said Blumenfeld, Sky Whisper CEO and "Unholy" executive producer. "Both stars have extraordinary followings and for good reason. I believe that this production will contain one of the best performances audiences have ever seen from both of these actors. There is already extraordinary buzz surrounding this film on dozens of Web sites, and we are confident that it will likely be one of the most successful horror films of the year."

"I believe that this terrifying and unusual tale, along with cult genre icons such as Barbeau and Brendon, is sure to guarantee a creation like none other," said Freeman, scriptwriter and co-executive producer on "Unholy." "There has never been a genre film like this before. Audiences will leave the theater scathed."
Link: http://newsroom.eworldwire.com/view_...e.php?id=11273

And there is also an official site! http://www.unholymovie.com
Old 01-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"We are thrilled to have actors of the caliber of Adrienne and Nicholas on Sky Whisper Productions' first feature film," said Blumenfeld
That is so awesome! Looks like someone in the business appreciates Nick!

Thanks for the info, Tara! I am going to go check out the official site now!

ETA: Checked the site... Either I am doing something wrong, or there just isn't a whole lot there at the moment.

Last edited by Mr. Impatient; 01-26-2005 at 09:54 PM
Old 01-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

OOPS! I forgot to mention the site isn't fully up.

A member on NickBrendon.com posted a link to a really interesting article dealing with Unholy. You can read it here
Old 01-29-2005, 11:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara R
OOPS! I forgot to mention the site isn't fully up.

A member on NickBrendon.com posted a link to a really interesting article dealing with Unholy. You can read it here
Well, I don't feel as though my time was wasted, but I would have enjoyed that information prior to visiting...

Oh! Thanks for the link!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Pictures! The first two set pictures are now out. They can be seen here. Nick looks amazing as ever.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Oh wow! This movie sounds so cool, thanks for all the info and pics guys

Old 02-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara R
Pictures! The first two set pictures are now out. They can be seen here. Nick looks amazing as ever.

You is da shiznit, yo!

I mean....thank you kindly.

Claudia
Old 02-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Loyal Fan

*jumps up and down waving to Tara*

Eeeee!!! Can't wait for this movie, gonna be awesome.

Victims, aren't we all? --

+Skydagger+
Old 02-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

LOL. You're welcome!

*waves enthusiastically to Skydagger* Nice to see you here!
Old 02-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the link to the pictures.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait to see this movie. The more I read about it the more excited I get.