Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2017, 09:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
I still think Sara's reason for breaking time is better than Barry's. Sara was trying to stop the entire world being run by villains. Barry was trying to save his mom. The whole world > 1 person.

The Legion of Doom caused Doomworld not Sara. She was trying to stop them. And she was the one that changed the world back to way it was she didn't erase anyones kid's from existence. Then she depowered the Spear so no one else could use it for their own needs. She again choose the world over what she would've wanted.

Sara is facing the consequences of breaking time, that what this whole season is about. The reason it's not affecting the other shows is because the changes haven't been cemented in time yet. The Time Bureau has been fixing time as well and erasing everyone's memory. Nothing has stuck as history for anyone else yet.
Oh yeah I think the LOT and Sara in particular feel more responsible and have faced more consequences for a less selfish reason, even if The Flash was more morose for much of S3 because of it. Barry doesn't start off every intro with "I'm the person that broke time" afterall and doesn't have a former friend and entire organisation who blames him for everything that ever goes wrong.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyGrace (View Post)
I still think they might go for it, Ray/Kendra only happened in that latter half of the season and so did Nate/Amaya, that was one episode and then BOOM.

It wouldn't be the worst romance I don't think, but it's not one I'm particularly anticipating either. They've done a great job of introducing Zari as her own character with several ties, and the best thing about it is that her strongest bond so far is with Amaya and the reason Amaya decided to stay on the Waverider.
Yup, both rushed romances that didn't work for me at all so if Zari/Ray happened, I'd love it to happen so much more different and with better build up...
Although I am not seeing the Ray/Zari romantic chemistry yet, I guess things can change...

Also, I believe the Legends writers have proven incapable of writing a good romance. lol
And yes, I am loving Zari/Amaya bond! I love how their totems are connecting them and it being the main reason Amaya wants to stick around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
I still think Sara's reason for breaking time is better than Barry's. Sara was trying to stop the entire world being run by villains. Barry was trying to save his mom. The whole world > 1 person.

The Legion of Doom caused Doomworld not Sara. She was trying to stop them. And she was the one that changed the world back to way it was she didn't erase anyones kid's from existence. Then she depowered the Spear so no one else could use it for their own needs. She again choose the world over what she would've wanted.

My whole issue is that, we either CAN or CAN'T go back in time... don't tell me it's okay, when it's to fit a certain storyline and it's not okay to serve yet another one. In that case, ALL TIMES is wrong.....

Barry can't go back in time to serve himself, but he can go back time to in the crossover a few years ago to save most of the characters from exploding... I think from the fight against Vandal Savage.

And again, I don't care for the legends especially Rip complaining about messing up time since I watched an ENTIRE season 1 of them doing just that! Trying to kill Vandal Savage earlier just for Rip's family can live.... the legends didn't seem to care too much about that but they can lecture Barry about what he was suppose to do... so, yeah I just didn't care for the whole thing.

Just like how Gideon can heal people after Sara gets her neck snapped but she can't save Firestorm when they are bleeding out.
Rules change to much to benefit certain storylines so there are really no real set rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Sara gave him that stupid lecture,too. Yes,Barry can be irresponsible,but he takes his lumps when he's been bad. Flashpoint was scary,but he's still a lot more serious and responsible. He'd never break time,let DoomWorld to be caused and god knows what. She was channeling Rip when she did that.

I think that's what makes Zari refreshing. She's able to see things from an outside perspective and doesn't get blinded by stuff. Yes,her thing with loopholes is bad,but she doesn't seem like she'd seriously mess things up.

Correct. I hated that whole speech because Sara was telling Barry how she would want to do that to for her sister or something but what I DESPISE is that we ALL are suppose to forget that Sara did EXACTLY what Barry did in 2x01... If Ray DID NOT catch her, she would have attempted to kill Damien Darhk for one person but I guess we are suppose to forget about that since that mission was a fail, she got caught from Ray and she eventually knew that wouldn't be a wise move....

Everyone make mistakes but with Barry and time travel, it's always the worst thing and written like no one else would do the same... which is why I loved Oliver telling Barry that what he did was horrible but most of them would've done the same thing if they had the power to do that.

Imagine if Sara had Barry's power the moment she found out about Laurel's death? She would have just went back to save her without caring for the consequence... and that's the stage Barry was in... he went back in time, without caring about the consequence and no one had the time to even stop him from that...
Old 12-14-2017, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

The difference was Sara was stopped and Barry was not. Sara didn't get to change time because she had someone tell her not to. While Barry gets encouraged to do whatever he wanted and he changed time, changing other people's families in the process. Barry was warned about the consequences of time travel and he did it twice. The first time he did, Ronnie died to stop a giant black hole from sucking up Central City. So he knew the consequences and still did it a second time.

Sara did not change time, therefore affecting no one. That is the difference to me. Then she was given the chance to rewrite reality and choose not to. Again a different choice than Barry.

As mentioned before, I think the Gideon healing Sara was more about Sara and less about Gideon. As we've seen Gideon couldn't help Nate when he was hurt, Ray's serum saved him. Then we saw what happened with Stein. It seems like Sara's the reason Sara survives.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

After Sara found out about Laurel's death, Rip told her what would happened if she did that. Quentin, Laurel and herself: Sara would have all died from Damien Darhk that day, so yes she lifted her head up for that but she still tried to find a loophole to save her sister which is why she spent months keeping the Damien Darhk secret project with Gideon.

If people HAD the ability that Barry had, they would've probably did the same thing. ...

I'll just have to agree to disagree... the rules change depending on the character and storyline which is why I'm through with time travel rules altogether....

And YET again, Rip Hunter knows ALL the time travel rules and he didn't give a damn about it to save his family. And I don't even blame him for it because as I mentioned, a lot of other people would do the same thing without caring about the rules.

Jax knows of the time travel rules because of being on the ship for so long, and on 3 separate occasions he did something that could've screwed up time... even if he repeatedly heard how much of a mistake it would be.

When it comes to Doomsworld, I completely agree with that.... since it was a different timeline. I think anyone should've done with Sara did... and self righteous rules setter Rip was right there with them when they did it....

Quote:
As mentioned before, I think the Gideon healing Sara was more about Sara and less about Gideon.
It seems more like for me, it's about the writers picking and choosing what Gideon can or cannot do to serve a storyline.
If Victor Garber wasn't leaving and Firestorm was saving on the show, this would've been an easy day for Gideon.........
Old 12-20-2017, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Yep. I still don't get why they wanted Victor to get killed that way. A Jew being killed my nameless Nazis is a wee bit offensive. I'm sorry that it meant that Jax had to go,too.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I've heard a lot of people mention the jewish thing as well. A lot of people seemed upset with that...
They really could've just let him live with his family and found something good for Jax to do... They took the easy way out.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^ I've heard a lot of people mention the jewish thing as well. A lot of people seemed upset with that...
They really could've just let him live with his family and found something good for Jax to do... They took the easy way out.
Or looking at it another way, a Jewish man died saving his friends, his "son" and ultimately his world from Nazis, still not great visuals but better from a sacrifice POV. And he's also fought them before and sung Edelwiess at them.

They could have let him live and go back to his family but they wanted a dramatic death for the crossover and since they put so much emphasis on him wanting to go home it was obvious he wouldn't even if you didn't read spoilers. Actors as well seem to prefer a dramatic exit to a quiet one.

What they didn't have to do was to write Jax out as well, unless FD also wanted to leave.

Quote:
It seems more like for me, it's about the writers picking and choosing what Gideon can or cannot do to serve a storyline.
If Victor Garber wasn't leaving and Firestorm was saving on the show, this would've been an easy day for Gideon.........
Well yeah if an actor is staying they'll be immune to bullets or recover, if they're leaving suddenly their injuries are too much to heal, happens all the time.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyGrace (View Post)

What they didn't have to do was to write Jax out as well, unless FD also wanted to leave.

Well yeah if an actor is staying they'll be immune to bullets or recover, if they're leaving suddenly their injuries are too much to heal, happens all the time.

It really better had been Franz decision.

Yup, so Gideon healing abilities is very convenient which is why I don't care for it all that much.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 12-28-2017, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I see RubyGrace's point,but it just feels so...anti-semetic. Yes,he fought Nazis and stuff,but he and Felicity are the only Jews in the DCTV universe. I mean,if they're going to kill him off,they didn't need him to die such a slow,painful death. He should have died then and there and everyone could mourn him at the end.

Felicity's faux paux and the Jewish thing just set me off. It's like when they killed Wes on How To Get Away With Murder. It was the most godawful way and the main difference was that the actor didn't want to go. Felicity's double didn't seem to have gone through anything severe, like Earth X Sara or Citizen Cold. I haven't been that angry since they killed off Laurel. That wasn't anti-semitic,but it was still unfair and offensive.

This isn't the first time,either. When I liked Felicity and Olicity,I was annoyed by how they treated her being Jewish. Little to no acknowledgement at all,just being mentioned and she once put up a tiny Menorah. I think that at the reception,they could have done something Jewish to make up for not having a proper Jewish ceremony. In real life,when you marry someone who's Jewish,you have a Jewish ceremony-It's just that simple.

It's hard not to smell a rat when they're already inappropriate about Felicity.

Anyway...back to Zari. I'm wondering who those people are. Maybe in the 2nd arc?
Old 12-29-2017, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Do we want Zari to stay single for the rest of season 3?
Old 12-29-2017, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Honestly? With all that's going on,ships can wait. I actually want ship focus to be removed from The Flash and Supergirl. It's not a huge focus in Arrow anymore,which is a small blessing. Ray has done well without a woman in his life and it's such a huge amount of growth for him. Only Nate and Amaya were a couple and things are in-between with those two. I want for either both of them to go back together or for her to do the right thing and return. He can always meet someone else. I feel like he's the goofiest and most naive out of the existing members. Ray has had time to wise up over the years.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I completely agree with you. The pairings just isn't working in the DCTV for me right now...
Old 02-18-2018, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Zari centered episode should be interesting
Old 02-18-2018, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Zari centered episode should be interesting
Especially because of who she's sharing scenes with.