Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2019, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
David Ramsey said he'd be opened to joining the Legends team if the Canaries show isn't picked up. How amazing would that be? My favorite Arrow character on Legends would be insane. lol I doubt it'd happen but nice to dream. lol

That would be pretty cool to see
Old 10-29-2019, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I would say the same thing about Andrea that you always say about Iris... but I'll stay quite.
Just happy with some things that TWD did different from the comics and other things I wish they would've kept the same.
That's because the show got Andrea dead wrong, Tia, much like The Flash did with Iris. I'll remind you that Andrea had fans rooting for her by the end of season 2, but then they did that stupid storyline with her getting involved with the Governor in season 3, which did NOT happen in the comics and alienated her from fans. That was that idiot Glen Mazzara's fault. Frank Darabont would never have done that. You think it was a coincidence that Mazzara got fired right after Andrea died at the end of season 3? Robert Kirkman never agreed with the decision since he's the creator of The Walking Dead and he's the one who wrote the Rick/Andrea storyline in the comics. Look, remember that seasons 2 and 3 of TWD were a total cluster f following AMC firing Frank Darabont over budget disagreements, so let's just leave at typical Hollywood stupidity.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just never cared for Andrea. Season 1-2 she was one of my least favorite of the series... probably it was a miscast! I dunno but I didn’t care for it to be honest.
I agree that the Govener story for her was trash.
I felt more of a connection with Andrea/Shane. LOL

My point is that if we want to talk about Nielsen ratings than that tanked because of the series becoming the Negan Survivors series. That’s why I loved last season of TWD, I felt it got its identity back and I actually started liking Neegan....

But no need to have 100 conversations about this, and if so the OT thread would work best since this is the LoT news thread.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, the Andrea/Shane thing never happened in the comics either, Tia. Andrea was briefly with Dale in the comics before he died, and then she got with Rick after Lori died. As for the casting, I had no problem with Laurie Holden. Frank Darabont cast her because he'd worked with her on several projects before, like The Mist and The Majestic. It was mostly the way she was written, and especially the way Glen Mazzara handled her character in seasons 2 and 3. But killing her off the way the show did was really bad storytelling. It defeated the entire purpose of Andrea decided to live instead of dying at the CDC at the end of season 1. Dale's entire effort to get her to live for Amy was wasted. It's even worse that Holden had signed a 6 year contract with the show and was told she'd be in the Rick/Andrea storyline only to have Glen Mazzara screw her over once Darabont was gone, which is why I'm glad Mazzara got fired after he did that, although firing him is not enough. I'd feed his ass to hungry crocodiles.

As for TWD ratings, those were already going downhill by the end of season 5, Tia. By season 6 TWD was already in ratings decline by the time Negan showed up.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I was talking about ONLY the show. I was feeling Shane/Andrea. You do know I know about the TWD comics right? I know the stuff that happened that didn't happen in the comics and I know the stuff that didn't.

When it comes to Andrea, I sincerly don't care.
I wish they could've used her better of course but I loved the show with or without her.

Season 7 after that first episode of season 7, the ratings went down drain and really didn't fully recover sense. #FACTS... but again, I think more than Nielsen viewers watch it.

As I mentioned, no need to even discuss it, I'll move on and agree to disagree with you yet again.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Neagan's still around TWD? I stopped watching when he showed up. I was actually more interested in the choose your own adventure Walking Dead game. In that storyline you play a 10 year old that is growing up in that universe (Glenn and Dale were in the game) and you can choose how ruthless you want her to be.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I think a lot of people tuned out because of him and I have a lot of stuff to back me up on it. EVEN THE ACTOR HIMSELF!!!! Jeffrey Dean Morgan stated on Talking Dead that he was happy that other characters were being seen because he felt many characters have been in the back thanks to his character Neegan.

This nonsense shouldn't even be a debate. lol

The show literally became all about the Suvivors/Neegan and that's when the show (at least for me) became pretty much unwatchable.
Multiple Articles stated how Neegan ruined the series... No need to even talk about Andrea or anything, the show was still doing fine with or without her. When it comes to the show, not the comics, the blant favoritism towards Neegan was way too much.

However, I can't believe I am saying this but Neegan is a pretty great character now. lol And I think it's because of everything that has happened and the lack of him we've seen.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry, Tia, but TWD was losing viewers and ratings were dropping around the time the Alexandria storyline began, which was at the end of season 5, right before Negan showed up. The drop off in viewership became pronounced at the start of season 6. By season 7 TWD was already DOA.

Yeah, they kept Negan around because they knew Andrew Lincoln was leaving and they were going to need a replacement for Rick Grimes. That's why TWD is currently doing this ridiculous redemption storyline for Negan.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Didn't they keep Negan around in the comics too?
Old 11-01-2019, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And I will 1000000% disagree with Alex! Neegan stayed around because of the writers obsession! They did not know Andrew Lincoln was going to be leaving the series 3 years later. GTFO. Lol

Alex just stop this nonsense.
The TWD obsession with Neegan has zero percent to do with Andrew Lincoln. Stop it. I was watching live as well and saw the interviews/reviews just like you did.

Oh wow TWD started losing viewers during season 6?? congratulations to them since shows usually lose ratings a lot sooner than season 6....
What a huge missed opportunity for TWD when over 17 million Nielsen viewers turned in for the season 7 premiere and was disappointed to find out that TWD will only truly be the Neegan show... And if you want I can show you the proof and recaps of MANY critics/fans who said they are quitting TWD after that awful 7x01 episode.

You can’t tell me something to FACTS that I also know! TWD downfall had nothing to do with comics or POC, it had to do with them forgetting that got them popular in the first place and than become obsessed with Survivors/Neegan which brought the series down. That’s exactly how I remember it.

Also TWD wouldn’t bad had an issue when Andrew Lincoln left if they didn’t make the worst decision in the series in killing off Rick’s son... that goes down as the worst moment of the whole series and nothing comes close.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, really, Tia?

Look, Negan would be dead by now if it weren't for Andrew Lincoln leaving the show. They knew that Lincoln was already planning to leave since the start of season 8, and they knew they were gonna need a replacement lead character, even though they already had Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon. I honestly can't believe the show has been on as long as it has. I assumed that season ten would be its last, but they're going for another season of torturing the audience. I'm starting to think maybe a film series would've been better.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ And I will disagree with you. Neegan still would've been featured if Lincoln stayed around. They loved JDM that much and I'm cool with it because I like JDM as well and I love Neegan now. And that's STRANGE to say that but I actually like a character in Neegan I never thought I'd like. Just loved the writing for him but even if I love him now doesn't mean I'm blinded to know he'd be on the show with or without Andrew Lincoln on the series... even when Lincoln was on the show, Neegan was written as the boss.

It's just like ZQ! I LOVE ZQ! But I felt that's the only reason Sylar stayed around...

I think the best thing that happened to the Walking Dead in season 9 was Scott M. Gimple stepping down as showrunner and Angela Kang taking over since she did a way better job! Scott was good but he started destroying his own show... and when he went over to Fear of the Walking Dead, fans of that show was also upset with him. lol
Scott Gimple is comparable to Tim Kring to me, you can't keep them with a show for a long time or they will destroy it... it's just a shame Angela didn't take over sooner since I believe season 9 was the best season in 3 years last years and I don't care about no Neilsen viewership to back me up there since viewers left long before Angela took over.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Why are we talking about TWD in this thread?

Plus the Negan obsession started in S7 anyways, even before Andy decided to leave the show.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Why are we talking about TWD in this thread?

Plus the Negan obsession started in S7 anyways, even before Andy decided to leave the show.
I completely agree with you, Alex just has to let this one go. Neegan obsession was around while Rick was around and actually calmed down a bit when he left. This really shouldn’t even be a debate to be quite honest.

I did sort of get some Legends news.... sort of but will wait to post it when I get on my computer since I am phone posting right now.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I completely agree with you, Alex just has to let this one go. Neegan obsession was around while Rick was around and actually calmed down a bit when he left. This really shouldn’t even be a debate to be quite honest.

I did sort of get some Legends news.... sort of but will wait to post it when I get on my computer since I am phone posting right now.
No it shouldn't

Okay, thanks