Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2019, 07:28 PM
  #16
Fan Forum Legend

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 433,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yep Thought the backdoor pilot was great too
I know! I remember everyone was hyped for it and then it didn't get picked up.
__________________
The theatrical version of Justice League was a hot mess so I (Tia) am firmly behind the
#ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement and let the fans decide which version of the movie is better!


Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:48 PM
  #17
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 214,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
CW should just renamed the network to the WB DC world. lol
I already said that last year. But I think their lineup is getting too... how should a put it? Snowflakey?
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:49 AM
  #18
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 370,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I know! I remember everyone was hyped for it and then it didn't get picked up.
Yep
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:43 PM
  #19
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 214,038
I personally think the entire Arrowverse should end already. They've played this thing out way too much and they've eliminated most of what people liked about it in the first place.

Legends of Tomorrow could literally exist in its own universe without the rest of the Arrowverse, to be honest.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:17 PM
  #20
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 370,800
Think they will drag it out for as long as possible
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:50 PM
  #21
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 214,038
Yeah, or until the ratings tank. Cloak & Dagger's cancellation might signal that people are tired of this.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:13 PM
  #22
Fan Forum Legend

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 433,859
Or maybe these networks need to start tracking ratings legitimately and stop sticking to old school viewership tracking...
__________________
The theatrical version of Justice League was a hot mess so I (Tia) am firmly behind the
#ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement and let the fans decide which version of the movie is better!


Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:42 PM
  #23
Fan Forum Legend

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 433,859
David Ramsey said he'd be opened to joining the Legends team if the Canaries show isn't picked up. How amazing would that be? My favorite Arrow character on Legends would be insane. lol I doubt it'd happen but nice to dream. lol


Quote:
“Yeah, honestly, that would be fun. Legends is a show that’s very, very self aware, so that would be a lot of fun to play with those guys and the two tones they have on the show. I would be 110% down for that.”
Source
__________________
The theatrical version of Justice League was a hot mess so I (Tia) am firmly behind the
#ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement and let the fans decide which version of the movie is better!


Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:37 PM
  #24
Extreme Fan
 
lancer6238's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,432
Was David supposed to be on the Canaries show?

Diggle's first few episodes would just be him puking from all the time travel and weird stuff happening
lancer6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:56 AM
  #25
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 214,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Or maybe these networks need to start tracking ratings legitimately and stop sticking to old school viewership tracking...
It's not just old school viewership tracking, Tia. Fans are getting legitimately tired of the direction these shows are going, particularly comic book fans who are sick and tired of Hollywood highjacking their superheroes for their own agenda. People are tuning out for good reason, because good storytelling is being lost. It's the same reason people gave up on Shadowhunters and The Walking Dead.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 12:26 PM
  #26
Fan Forum Legend

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 433,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)
Was David supposed to be on the Canaries show?

Diggle's first few episodes would just be him puking from all the time travel and weird stuff happening

It seems he will be... so I guess we will see a glimpse of that somehow in one of the Arrow episodes this season...

That's why I'd love seeing it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
It's not just old school viewership tracking, Tia. Fans are getting legitimately tired of the direction these shows are going, particularly comic book fans who are sick and tired of Hollywood highjacking their superheroes for their own agenda. People are tuning out for good reason, because good storytelling is being lost. It's the same reason people gave up on Shadowhunters and The Walking Dead.

But you are speaking for the people who are thinking like you are thinking. Some other people are okay with it.

And I am talking about ratings because you YOURSELF brought up Nielsen ratings. I can name way more tv shows that's not in the superhero genre which has had bad ratings according to Nielsen viewership tracking. Some of my favorite tv shows (which were not superhero shows) got CANCELLED! because of the ridiculous Nielsen ratings. GOTHAM! which was a great series and superheroic got cancelled because of the ratings being low and of course Disney nonsense.


The Walking Dead was successful for the first 6 seasons and got bad when it became the Negan/Surviors series! That's how I see it. I still watch it but that's when the show lost it's way to me. They cared more about Neegan than all the other characters... even the ACTOR JDM ( who I truly like by the way) said that he'd be happy when other characters get focus.


And you have only been giving me "Nielsen" as you say the ratings are slipping and my defense is that's not true at all. You need to give me more ratings.


Explain to me how on Nielsen a rating can do less than 1 million and on Netflix it can do 10x that? The way viewership is tracked now is completely different from how it use to be. You just truly can't compare how ratings are now compared to how it was in the past. We will never get ratings be the same way it was in the past.... and that's just reality. Well reality if they are only relying on Nielsen.
__________________
The theatrical version of Justice League was a hot mess so I (Tia) am firmly behind the
#ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement and let the fans decide which version of the movie is better!


Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:07 PM
  #27
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 214,038
I would continue this debate with you, Tia, but there's football on, and something things are more important.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:52 PM
  #28
Extreme Fan
 
lancer6238's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)


The Walking Dead was successful for the first 6 seasons and got bad when it became the Negan/Surviors series! That's how I see it. I still watch it but that's when the show lost it's way to me. They cared more about Neegan than all the other characters... even the ACTOR JDM ( who I truly like by the way) said that he'd be happy when other characters get focus.
Yes! I still watch the show, but every time I see Negan, I'm like why the heck is he still alive? And I like the actor too (he'll always be Dean and Sam's dad to me )
lancer6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:00 PM
  #29
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 214,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)
Yes! I still watch the show, but every time I see Negan, I'm like why the heck is he still alive? And I like the actor too (he'll always be Dean and Sam's dad to me )
They kept Negan around because Andrew Lincoln was leaving and they needed someone to replace him. But ratings have been dropping steadily even before Lincoln left the show.

I gave up after season 5, but I never forgave the show for killing off Andrea in season 3, since she and Rick were a couple in the comics and they never got to be on the show. And now both Rick and Andrea are dead in the comics, so what's the point?
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:27 PM
  #30
Fan Forum Legend

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 433,859
^ TWD ratings fell to the extremely after 7x01 because that episode was straight up ridiculouis and was too much about Negan/Survivors and was horrible to watch. I dind't even care about them comparing stuff to to comics then... it's not like they stayed true to the comics for the series so why stay true to it in 7x01? A mess.


Right now Neegan is actually one of my favorites. I didn't think that'd ever happen but I love watching him.
I was just talking about season 6-8, it was TOO MUCH about Negan/Survivors and it became about the humans than walking dead zombies.

I would say the same thing about Andrea that you always say about Iris... but I'll stay quite.
Just happy with some things that TWD did different from the comics and other things I wish they would've kept the same.
__________________
The theatrical version of Justice League was a hot mess so I (Tia) am firmly behind the
#ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement and let the fans decide which version of the movie is better!


Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||

Last edited by eternalfate; 10-28-2019 at 07:33 PM
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST