Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't care what CW approves or disapproves of, I want Legends to have better live ratings. lol

That's what I WANT! So hoping next episode is better.
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

same Tia... some of us and companies that have commercials during the show cares about LIVE ratings
Old 11-12-2018, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

The live ratings count the people that have a Nielsen box. I don't have one and don't know anyone that does, so my watching live or telling people to watch doesn't count anyway. It also seems that many people that do have it don't really watch the CW shows.

It's an antiquated system. Even other major networks like CBS said they dont put as much into those ratings anymore. We have so many ways to watch tv now and there are so many choices of what to watch that people make their own schedules. Monday is a busy night as well. LoT is a show people save for later.

As long as LoT continues to do well in the live +7 it will be fine. And from the first 2 episodes it jumped from 8th to 4th in the ratings, beating Supergirl and Black Lightning. Still making LoT one of the highest rated shows on the CW. Plus we are getting critical acclaim which counts that's what kept saving Jane the Vigin and Crazy Ex Girlfriend despite both shows barely getting a 0.2 in the ratings.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 11-12-2018 at 06:08 AM
Coconut1214 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Monday is a busy night as well. LoT is a show people save for later.
ITA about that...Monday is Murderous with awesome shows on prime time
Old 11-12-2018, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

I know people are still watching the live numbers like they mean something but they really don't anymore and I can see them meaning less and less as we go on. The Networks are looking at the live +3 and live +7 to determine show popularity now. Watching on the networks website or Hulu still gives you commercials.

I've found that people like to watch reality shows live and scripted later. That's probably why LoT and Arrow are not doing well on Monday's.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
I know people are still watching the live numbers like they mean something but they really don't anymore and I can see them meaning less and less as we go on. The Networks are looking at the live +3 and live +7 to determine show popularity now. Watching on the networks website or Hulu still gives you commercials.

I've found that people like to watch reality shows live and scripted later. That's probably why LoT and Arrow are not doing well on Monday's.
yes... b/c people are eliminated for REAL on reality shows.... and hard to avoid spoilers for those if you are fans of DWTS/ THE Voice.... and even NFL football on Monday.. ven 911 is somewhat real.. fictional characters...but a lot of those events probably have happened

I bet there are real people who believe in time travel via worm holes too … very rare though...
Old 11-13-2018, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

THE RATINGS. Amazing increase! For both Arrow and Legends...
Why the increase? Was their less competition or something? What happened? lol

Arrow
1.58 total viewers / 0.5 demo

Legends
1.30 total viewers / 0.4 demo
Source
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

Those are the inflated ratings from the football game being on in New York. The final number haven't been released yet for the viewers. But Arrow is at 0.4 and Legends at a 0.3.

Legends isn't a show that the people with Neilson boxes watch live.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks Tia and Melissa
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top