Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2019, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I think that Tori and Jennie are doing separate press because they are both the show's creators. The rest of the cast are all executive producers, but the show itself was Tori and Jennie's idea, so that's why they're doing a lot of separate interviews.

You're right, Charmed wasn't the same without Prue. 90210 really wasn't the same without Brenda either. I really wish she could've stayed there a while longer.

I heard a story about how when Fox executives were deciding on new pilots for the 1990 fall season, they had a bunch of ideas submitted in early 1990 and two of them were teen high school dramas. One was supposedly a TV version of Heathers, since the movie had become a cult phenomenon by 1990, and the other was called Class of Beverly Hills. Fox decided to go with the second one because Heathers was this dark comedy about two teens killing the cool popular kids at their school who were bulling the other students and making the murders look like suicides, and I guess that was too much even for Fox at the time. And Class of Beverly Hills got changed to Beverly Hills: 90210. I don't know how much truth there is to that story.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Couldn't they do interviews all together though? I've seen interviews with the cast and the creators before. Especially since they are also acting in the show.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't seen all of the interviews so I don't know.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree Melissa, I want more cast interviews since I've been seeing Jennie and Tori together all the time. lol I guess because they are the co creators but still. lol
Old 08-17-2019, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ian also said that Luke wasn't interested in doing the show because he was on Riverdale, but if he'd lived he probably would've done some guest appearances. Luke died around the time the show as about to go into production, and it really shook them all. Shannen changed her mind and decided to do the show after Luke died, which is why I'm guessing she's only in a couple of scenes in the first two episodes and doesn't join the cast until episode 3.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Yeah they said Shannen's scenes were filmed after they filmed the first 2 episodes. You can even hear the voice overs they added to mention her.

Although I do like that they know Shannen is a big draw for some, they have a whole promo about "Where's Shannen?" "Missing Shannen" So even if they aren't the best of friends, Tori and Jennnie know Shannen's popular.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I think they said that everything is cool with them now. Jennie and Tori said that they couldn't think of doing it without Shannen.

I didn't know those were voiceovers. I know that they didn't start filming until June, so I figured they knew that Shannen was on board and were just waiting to work things out.

I really hope they get a second season, because I really love seeing the gang back together. It's been so long. OMG, do you realize that when 90210 went off the air originally it was May 2000, the year before 9/11 happened? Man, I miss the 20th century so much.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Rant: Been working too much so I've been tired to not be able to get in many posts this week.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's okay, Tia.

Thank goodness someone finally said it! I've explained to all of you time and time again that Kevin Feige's mistakes with the MCU have been many, including shoehorning Edgar Wright's Avengers-incompatible Ant-Man script into the MCU and cutting Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne out of their rightful place in the Avengers, to driving Joss Whedon out of the MCU by forcing him to alter his Avengers storyline(including cutting Hank and Janet out of the Avengers) and causing too much interference into the creative process, or doing the Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet storyline without Adam Warlock and cutting Warlock out of his own story, or insulting comic book fans by making Mar-Vell a woman and denying Mar-Vell his own place in the Captain Marvel story as Carol Danvers' lover who passes his mantle on to her after dying of cancer, to his ridiculous insistence on making Peter Parker some bratty teenager when Peter hasn't been a teenager in the comics since the 1960s and the Peter Parker that has existed in the comics since the 1970s has been the adult 20-something Peter Parker, etc. The list goes on.

And now I'm glad that Stan Lee's own daughter is speaking the truth about both Disney and Kevin Feige. He doesn't give a damn about Stan Lee or the legacy of Marvel. He was waiting for the old man to die so he could take over and remake Marvel into his own "woke" image. I hope his whole studio tanks. Hopefully now that Spider-Man is back with Sony, we can get a REAL Spider-Man story consistent with the great comics from the 1980s and 90s, hopefully teaming Peter with Felicia Hardy(Black Cat) and Silver Sable.

Stan Lee’s daughter: ‘No one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives’

Quote:
Stan Lee’s daughter: ‘No one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives’
Quote:
While many fans have rallied behind Disney in the wake of reports that talks had broken down between the company and Sony over future Spider-Man films, at least one person is standing behind Sony — Stan Lee’s daughter.

In a statement to TMZ, Joan Lee said Marvel and Disney need to be “checked and balanced” as they seek total control of her father’s creations.
Quote:
“When my father died, no one from Marvel or Disney reached out to me,” Lee said. “From day one, they have commoditized my father’s work and never shown him or his legacy any respect or decency. In the end, no one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 08-22-2019 at 02:18 PM
Old 08-22-2019, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Rant: Legends of Tomorrow creative decisions that continues getting worst by the season.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

The writing was on the wall with how much Ray, Sara and Mick were pushed into the background last season in favor of Constantine, Mona, Ava and Nate. Mick was lucky to get any lines, Charlie was forgotten, BR only had a storyline when he played a different character and Sara was only around for Ava's storyline.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Oh and don’t forget good ole Gary. Gary didn’t get on my nerve until the end of the season when it became way too much. Mona became a legend, now that was too much.

Social media is letting Mona have it! it wasn’t about the actress just the character... I believed it was too much, she really got forced upon the viewers.

Also I love Constantine however, I felt be didn’t bring anything spectacular into the show last season... I even mentioned it during the season that I wouldn’t be sad if he didn’t return because I didn’t care for how he was getting used or the magic element on Legends. In saying that, I am cool with him staying but all the members of the Time Bureau can go, it was a bad mistake from the start.

Can’t believe it’s going to be only 2 original cast members. Smh
Old 08-23-2019, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, ladies and gentlemen, that's political correctness and diversity programming for you. Ray, Sara, and Mick get pushed to the background because Guggenheim and Berlanti want diversity, and Ray and Mick don't make the cut, and Sara is blonde and bisexual so she's not really queer or diverse enough. Who cares about storytelling?
Old 08-23-2019, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, ladies and gentlemen, that's political correctness and diversity programming for you. Ray, Sara, and Mick get pushed to the background because Guggenheim and Berlanti want diversity, and Ray and Mick don't make the cut, and Sara is blonde and bisexual so she's not really queer or diverse enough. Who cares about storytelling?

Nah this one has nothing to do with diversity.
This just because Legends of Tomorrow has preferred their new characters more since the past 2 seasons. If they cared that much about diversity than Masie (Charlie) would've had a bigger role last season and Franz (Jax) wouldn't had been written off because Victor Garber wanting out.

So not, the political diversity is NOT the reason for this one. It's been a ran of these new character been treating better for the last 2 seasons... especially the Time Bureau.

The issue is that after Brandon leaves we will only have 2 originals left.

Constantine, Gary and Ava are white? So no.

That excuse doesn't work when it comes to Legends which has been diverse from the beginning.

Legends has been trash the past 2 seasons and it has had nothing to do with political correctness or diversity, it's about the show caring about the new characters most. Legends was more diverse than TB so yeah that excuse doesn't work. lol
And I love Nate, but he had the most attention out of ALL the legends last season and he's white.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Yeah this has nothing to do with diversity. Most of the characters they focused on last season where white, Nate, Ava, Gary and Constantine. Mona being the only exception and she was written horribly. And like Tia said if they cared about diversity than Charlie would've been more than just standing around.

Unlike Tia I enjoyed Season 3 because they were better able to spread the storylines around. Even Mick got an episode dealing with his dad. Sara still gave her team speeches and fought with her team. Ray spent multiple episodes trying to save Nora and Amaya finally had to remember she has a family. I loved the first half of Season 3 probably as much as Season 2.

It was last season that they changed the show around to focus on the TB and Constantine instead of the Legends. This show always had a diverse cast but never put too much focus on it. The writers even said they were going to kill of Nate the whitest of white guys but changed their mind because they love him so much.

Ray apparently doesn't' have that same amount of love. I would rather Nate died last season and we had to see Ray dealing with the loss of his best bud. Then to see more focus on Nate. He took up so much story last season I don't see how he has more story left to tell over ray.