Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

What makes the show work is they are all willing to make fun of how their lives turned out. There is some truth (stuff that happened to them at some point in their lives) mixed in with the fake drama. Except for maybe Shannon since she joined later, so we don't know what her story is yet. Well other than the cast still hates her 30 years later.

I also just found out that Shannon's going to be in a tribute episode to Luke Perry's character on Riverdale. Apparently he was trying to get her on the show for awhile, then they asked her after he died. Which is sweet. I guess. My OTP on that show was Brenda/Dylan.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 08-09-2019 at 11:02 AM
Coconut1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, that's great that Shannen is gonna do a tribute to Luke on Riverdale.

Yeah, I did notice that they were all playing exaggerated versions of their real life selves. Jason is a struggling director, but he and his wife have been happily married for almost 20 years. His wife on the show is Vanessa Lachey, wife of Nick Lachey, ex-husband of Jessica Simpson. Oh, and Jennie having three divorces is almost true. She divorced her first husband in the 90s after being married for about three years, and then her second husband was actor Peter Facinelli, who ended up divorcing her after he began a relationship with actress Jaimie Alexander. So I'm guessing he's the guy she's pissed off at in real life. Her third husband filed for divorce, but they later reconciled.

Ian's wife on the show seems to be based on his ex-wife, Nikki Ziering, former Playboy Playmate. I don't know if she cheated on him in real life, but they did end up divorced and he's now happily married to someone else. Obviously, Tori and her "husband," Nate, are based on Tori and her real life husband, Dean McDermott, who also had a reality show about their lives. I have no idea how closely Gabrielle's storyline mirrors her real life, and I have no idea if the show will incorporate Shannen's cancer recovery into the show either. But I did like that they tastefully handled Luke Perry's death.

Yeah, I liked Brenda/Dylan as well. I was totally Brandon/Kelly all the way.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Melissa wow you JUST found that out? I heard the news when it first was reported and I was happy but it made me so sad that Luke died so young. Luke and Shannen's really needed to be reunited before this.

Even Luke Perry's death is what made Shannen decided to do this BH 90210 project.
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

I haven't watched Riverdale since the first half of the first season, so I don't really keep with news about that show.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I heard that Luke's death didn't just get Shannen to make a guest appearance on Riverdale, but it also convinced her to do the BH90210 revival, because originally she wasn't going to do it. I'm glad she changed her mind, though. She was also in the Heathers remake, although that series was total crap and didn't get the original movie at all. Heathers deserved better.

Can I just continue to Rave about Jennie and Jason hooking up on BH90210? Well, sort of.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yes you can rave about that. lol Did you see that Jeannie and Jason What I like about You 2 part episode? I saw those episodes live.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

No, I never saw that show, but I heard he guest starred on it.

Jennie said she appreciated doing that love scene with Jason at her age.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

Well they both still look good for their ages.

Ian looks pretty good for his age since he was one of the older ones when the show first aired. Ian and Gabrielle are only 3 years apart. Yet she got all the flack for being too old.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex that was a fun sitcom. One of my favorites that ended too soon because of the stupid WB and CW merger.

I agree on Ian! he was looking real good.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

I loved What I Like About You. Nick Zano was on that now he's a Legend.

It's too bad about with happened with Amanda Bynes too. I met her in New York before that happened, she seemed fine then.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
I loved What I Like About You. Nick Zano was on that now he's a Legend.

It's too bad about with happened with Amanda Bynes too. I met her in New York before that happened, she seemed fine then.
I think I loved him more on What I like About You... well you know what let me take that back, he annoyed the heck out of me in season 4. lol

However, him being on WILAY was one of the reasons I was so happy when he was casted on Legends!

Same about Amanda Bynes. But I think she did post something recently about her recovery and I was happy for her, and I hope it's true and she stays on the right path.

Jennie did recently mention that they haven't talked in awhile and it's to be expected with everything that happened.

WILAY ended way too soon for me.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

BH90210 had another good episode. I'm still waiting for Shannen to get into the mix. I've always been Team Brenda. I know she had a horrible attitude in the 90's and didn't like showing up for table reads and rehearsals. But it's also been said that she has a photographic memory, with that she could read the script once and memorize her lines.

I also hope each episode starts out with each of them having a dream/nightmare about their characters.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 08-15-2019 at 06:26 AM
Coconut1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Oh that sounds good! Haven't had time to watch it yet, will tomorrow or Saturday.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for letting me know, Tia and Melissa. Yeah, I did hear about that show but I never got into it. I was going through some bad stuff at the time.

I agree, The WB was awesome, especially in the 90s. Now it's The "snowflake" CW.

I watched the second episode and it was even better! And more Shannen, although she won't be back with the others until the next episode. Yes, each character is having their own dream sequences, and I'm guessing the next one is gonna be Jason's after what we saw in the promo for the next episode. Brandon is in the Peach Pit and Kelly takes off her clothes in front of him and is wearing nothing but lingerie.

I think everyone is saying that Ian found the Fountain of Youth. It kinda makes me think that something was wrong with Luke prior to his death, because he looked terrible on Riverdale. He was so haggard and unhealthy looking. He looked much older than he was. And yeah, Gabrielle had to lie to the producers about her age when she auditioned for the show back in 1990.

I think Shannen gets a bad rap. You know, I've heard that the person who was the real problem on Charmed was actually Alyssa Milano and not Shannen, and if you've seen Alyssa recently it's not surprising. She's annoying as hell. Both Holly-Marie Combs and Rose McGowan said they had problems with Alyssa, and Rose openly criticized her on social media. Holly was also close friends with Shannen off screen before the show, so I'm pretty sure that Alyssa was the problem. I'm guessing that Shannen and Alyssa just couldn't be around each other anymore and that Shannen had to be the one to go due to what happened on 90210 years earlier.

I think that Shannen was probably misunderstood on 90210. She had a lot of bad stuff happen to her, like her father dying and personal issues with men she dated(especially Ashley Hamilton), and I also think that the chemistry on 90210 was different from when Shannen was in Heathers with Winona Ryder, Christian Slater, Kim Walker, and Lisanne Falk. Also, Shannen had been in Hollywood for a while, since the early 1980s, while most of the rest of the 90210 cast were newcomers. I guess it was just a misunderstanding.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

I definitely think Shannen got a bad rap. She was labeled the bad girl and it stuck. Alyssa probably used that against her. Spelling obviously liked her since he hired her for Charmed after 90210. Prue was my favorite character on Charmed, I watched only 1 year after Shannen left. Without Prue the show wasn't the same.

It is interesting that Shannen is only doing press with the guys for this reboot while Tori and Jennie are doing separate press. I know they've since made up and Shannen having survived Cancer probably doesn't care about the pettiness anymore. It's still interesting though.