Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2020, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Legends of Tomorrow [5x13] "The One Where We're Trapped On TV" ~ Episode Discussion (Airdate 5-26-2020)

THE ONE WHERE WE'RE TRAPPED ON TV
5x13 - episode discussion

BREAKING FREE: After Charlie (Maisie Richardson Sellers) does the one thing that goes against her nature when it comes to her sisters, she tries to protect The Legends by scattering them in different television shows. Of course, in true Legends style some can’t just be blissfully ignorant and happy but figure out a way to end up messing with the system.

Caity Lotz, Jes Macallan, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Olivia Swann and Matt Ryan also Star.

Written by: Grainne Godfree & James Eagan
Directed by: Marc Guggenheim

Original airdate 5/26/2020.

Basic Rules:

+ Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

+ No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

+ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

+ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

+ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 05-26-2020, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Very clever Friends reference.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That was actually a pretty good episode, the only thing I really still cringe about is whenever Sara and Ava are called co-captains because that won’t ever make sense to me, way too rushed and forced.

I loved seeing original Zari back!! If she stayed around to begin with then she would’ve been the realistic co captain... would’ve made more sense than Ava since Ava only has the title because she’s with Sara... ridiculous. It was great to see the Zari most of us grew to love though and how she was a big part of fixing things.

Mona and Gary were used CORRECTLY in this episode, it felt like a natural fit so it was nothing to complain about.

Behrad alive yet again, good for him... one lucky guy. He seems doomed in every timeline but we will see.

2 versions of Zari are out now? I am curious if both will be merged by the end of the season somehow.

I love the Constantine and Astra relationship so much because Astra is truly the only one Constantine has been ready to risk it all for and it doesn’t feel rushed and out of character since it’s been seasons of the build to show it and explain to us why. I loved how he was willing to stay in fictional world for her.

Nate and Zari reunited which I liked... I liked Zari reaction to everything.

I liked when we finally saw Mick! Lol

Matt Ryan looked completely different in this episode! Great job make up And design team!

Charlie... the legends might not like her methods but without her methods they all would be dead so ... can’t complain there.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was lost with the Downtown Abby scenes.... since I won't watch that show

the spoof/ robot chicken version of Friends was ok.... I liked Nate as Joey the best...lol

it was too silly for a Semi Final....next week is the Finale....

Double Zari was good to see and original Zari and Nate finally got back together

so I guess they kept Mona on the show afterall...lol...let's see if she's back recurring next season

Loved seeing Sara as Captain Kirk

Marc G. , Exec. producer and director of this epp.... loved Dom./ Micks impersion of Khan the best according to TV Line interview

I'm about done with this show unless I get news that it will be good NEXT January - meaning please give us a GREAT villain...preferably a DC one

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
That was actually a pretty good episode, the only thing I really still cringe about is whenever Sara and Ava are called co-captains because that won’t ever make sense to me, way too rushed and forced.

I loved seeing original Zari back!! If she stayed around to begin with then she would’ve been the realistic co captain... would’ve made more sense than Ava since Ava only has the title because she’s with Sara... ridiculous. It was great to see the Zari most of us grew to love though and how she was a big part of fixing things.

Mona and Gary were used CORRECTLY in this episode, it felt like a natural fit so it was nothing to complain about.

Behrad alive yet again, good for him... one lucky guy. He seems doomed in every timeline but we will see.

2 versions of Zari are out now? I am curious if both will be merged by the end of the season somehow.

I love the Constantine and Astra relationship so much because Astra is truly the only one Constantine has been ready to risk it all for and it doesn’t feel rushed and out of character since it’s been seasons of the build to show it and explain to us why. I loved how he was willing to stay in fictional world for her.

Nate and Zari reunited which I liked... I liked Zari reaction to everything.

I liked when we finally saw Mick! Lol

Matt Ryan looked completely different in this episode! Great job make up And design team!

Charlie... the legends might not like her methods but without her methods they all would be dead so ... can’t complain there.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:34 AM
Extreme Fan

This was a good episode overall, except for all the "captains" and "Captain Sharpe". I feel like rolling my eyes every time I hear that, because Ava hasn't earned that yet. On the other hand, Zari 1.0 would make a very capable second-in-command, as she has shown last season.

Dominic was hilarious. I have no idea who he's supposed to be, but the way he spoke and the hair flip, it was great

I liked seeing Sara hug Behrad in the background while Nate/Zari kissed. They had a good friendship in the premiere, but it was dropped right after that.

I feel really bad for Charlie. She was desperate to save her friends, but she was afraid to go against her sisters. And so this was the only way she could do it. I thought Maisie played the desperation and hope (that the Legends would just listen) really well.

This season is really just a rehash of S2. We have the ancient artifact being scattered across space and the Legends racing against the villains to retrieve them, the artifact has control over people's fate/destiny, an alternate doomed reality, a Legends collecting other Legends from where they were scattered, and making them wake up from the alt AU, and the promotion of a captain. I just hope I won't have to watch the new captain save the day in the finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I'm about done with this show unless I get news that it will be good NEXT January
I think the show won't be back in Jan. Most of the CW shows are back in Jan instead of fall due to Covid, and Legends isn't one of them. I think it'll be a few months after.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
This season is really just a rehash of S2. We have the ancient artifact being scattered across space and the Legends racing against the villains to retrieve them, the artifact has control over people's fate/destiny, an alternate doomed reality, a Legends collecting other Legends from where they were scattered, and making them wake up from the alt AU, and the promotion of a captain. I just hope I won't have to watch the new captain save the day in the finale.
I think it will be a TEAM-Effort that will save the world from the 2 Fate Witches in the finale... , but it will be crazy..

LoT may not be back until Late -February/ Early March....
Old 05-27-2020, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

I didn't enjoy this episode as most people seem to have. I liked it better when they did it in Season 2. I was more interested in the 1984 Fate world, so I liked Mona and Gary's storyline.

The co-captain thing is really ruining my enjoyment of this show. Even in a fake tv show they have to both be Captains. Spock wasn't a Captain! That Captain speech she gave her incompetent co-captain was the kind of speech S1-3 Sara would've given her whole team not just her girlfriend. Is Sara even allowed to talk to anyone else outside of group settings anymore?

I liked Caity's Shatner impression, its probably the most fun she's had all season since she actually got do something different.

I loved OG Zari calling Sara her Captain and just calling Ava, Ava. But of course she had to fall in line with the rest and declare Ava the best ever. We can't have anyone wonder why Ava's suddenly in charge or why Sara and Ava have to share everything.

Also why is Sara still blind when she wasn't in the tv world. Charlie brought her and Behrad back to life but kept her blind?
Old 05-27-2020, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

Legends probably won't be back until April/May like the 100 always is. If everything else is pushed back until January.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Melissa, I just completely agree with everything in your review. lol
The co-captain thing just became cringe because it's so forced and ridiculous.