Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2020, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Legends of Tomorrow [5x08] "Zari, Not Zari" ~ Episode Discussion (Airdate 4-21-2020)

ZARI, NOT ZARI
5x08 - episode discussion

Sara (Caity Lotz), Constantine (Matt Ryan) and Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) find themselves in British Columbia searching for another piece of the Loom, but they run into a problem they couldn’t have foreseen. Zari (Tala Ashe) has been having trouble feeling like herself, so she goes on meditative journey at the suggestion of Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian). Meanwhile, Ava (Jes Macallan) volunteers to try and help Rory (Dominic Purcell) with a personal problem.

Nick Zano and Olivia Swann also star.
Written by: Morgan Faust & Tyron Carter
Directed by: Kevin Mock

Original airdate 4/21/2020.

Basic Rules:

+ Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

+ No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

+ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

+ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

+ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 04-21-2020, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

finally!

Question, did they finish filming the season?
Old 04-21-2020, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think Flash and Supergirl did shorten their season..not sure about LoT

ETA
Juliana.... I found something to your question https://www.superherohype.com/comics...inale-on-track

Last edited by Make Them Laugh; 04-21-2020 at 03:08 PM
Old 04-22-2020, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This was a solid episode.
I loved seeing he trio of Constantine, Charlie and Sara! Can we get more of it?
It was great getting more of Charlie's backstory as well since she doesn't get enough screen time in general and seeing Sara out there fighting! I love it.

And I really just love the dynmaic between Charlie and Constantine so I'd love seeing more of it.

ZARI 1.0!!! I loved it! The Zari that I grew to love... and nice to know what happened to her and that she really wanted to see her brother. It's the reason she did all of this in the first place. And for Zari 2.0 to wake up to see her brother is dead. Like jeez... seems he's destined to die.
Zari will try to get Constantine to bring him back....

The Mick stuff was okayish... trying to change history with Ava.

I think my rant is still that I am tired of the continually changing history nonsense. It's gotten old since for years we've been told how you can't change history and now it seems it's okay for everyone to keep rewriting history. Just don't get it.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved Zari in her original form... glad they gave her a destination....

Ava took Mick "duty" ... she was trying to help

it's the base of the season...but it's the same thing... hunt for artifacts and find them before the Witch does and dooms humanity

We will get a Finale...sometime in late May or early June

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
This was a solid episode.
I loved seeing he trio of Constantine, Charlie and Sara! Can we get more of it?
It was great getting more of Charlie's backstory as well since she doesn't get enough screen time in general and seeing Sara out there fighting! I love it.

And I really just love the dynmaic between Charlie and Constantine so I'd love seeing more of it.

ZARI 1.0!!! I loved it! The Zari that I grew to love... and nice to know what happened to her and that she really wanted to see her brother. It's the reason she did all of this in the first place. And for Zari 2.0 to wake up to see her brother is dead. Like jeez... seems he's destined to die.
Zari will try to get Constantine to bring him back....

The Mick stuff was okayish... trying to change history with Ava.

I think my rant is still that I am tired of the continually changing history nonsense. It's gotten old since for years we've been told how you can't change history and now it seems it's okay for everyone to keep rewriting history. Just don't get it.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Has Zari 1.0 been stuck in the totem this whole time?

This season's main plot is basically a repeat of S2 with the finding of all pieces of a magical artifact that changes your destiny.

I think they have 6 more episodes to go, so the finale's probably in early June, assuming no more breaks.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

I guess the Gods never met the girl that doesn't stay dead.*Or does being the paragon of Destiny make her not be swayed by the Fates? I wish we would get more about that, but I doubt we will since the writers made it clear they are not interested in writing stories for Sara unless it involves being a love interest. Sara having God powers would be great though. I mean she's a member of the Super Friends now.

I do love that she's a Dean fan. I'm always team Jensen Ackles ever since he was on Dark Angel. Plus Sara would love a show where the characters die and come back more than she has.

Loved seeing old Zari, has she been stuck in Totem world the whole time. How has she never seen Behrad. Didn't he say he goes there all the time? Or is because he's not supposed to be there, she can't see him. I will him. I really started to like him on the team. But they are really cutting down the team this year. First Ray and Nora, now Behrad.

As for the Mick storyline. Having Ava help him was never going to turn out well. Ava has less life experience than Gary. Gary as far we know grew up from child to adult. Ava's an adult toddler.

Having said all that, this is probably the first episode of this season Iv'e enjoyed. It felt a little more old school, with humor, sadness and action.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I think Flash and Supergirl did shorten their season..not sure about LoT

ETA
Juliana.... I found something to your question https://www.superherohype.com/comics...inale-on-track
great news, thanks!
Old 04-23-2020, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
great news, thanks!
No worries...hope you are safe and well
Old 04-28-2020, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

You too!

This episode was great, as usual