Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2020, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Legends of Tomorrow [5x05] "Mortal Khanbat" ~ Episode Discussion (Airdate 2-25-2020)

MORTAL KHANBAT
5x05 - episode discussion

A STEP AHEAD –
With Sara (Caity Lotz) still away from the Waverider, the Legends find a new Encore with Ava’s (Jes Macallan) new invention, the Prognosticator, and must now try to defeat Genghis Khan in 1990s Hong Kong. Constantine’s (Matt Ryan) life is hanging in the balance, and Ray (Brandon Routh), Nora (Courtney Ford) and Gary (guest star Gary Tsekhman) all try to help him, but Constantine tries to make a deal with Astra (Olivia Swann) instead. Meanwhile, Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian) has been confused about Charlie’s (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) recent behavior, but they all learn why Charlie is trying to out run her past and from what.
Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano and Tala Ashe also star.

Written by: Grainne Godfree & Mark Bruner.
Directed by: Caity Lotz

Original airdate 2/25/2020.

Basic Rules:

+ Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

+ No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

+ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

+ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

+ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 02-24-2020, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks for starting Tia
Old 02-25-2020, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome! no expectations but I hope it's a solid episode.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

That was some great action directing from Caity. I did love the homage to HK action movies. Although seeing Caity behind the scenes with guns makes me wish it was her instead of Ava. Because that felt kind of lifeless instead of being epic. JM does not have the charisma CL has.

Genghis Khan taking 700 years to get out of his tomb, I kind of wanted the encores to be out of their time to make it more interesting. So I'm glad we had one. They better keep his sword this time instead of wasting the gun like John did. I don't mind Constantine, I like seeing him with the other Legends. Him and Ray were good.*Gary I could do without.

Behrad and Charlie are interesting pairing.

So we have the Paragon of Destiny and one of the 3 Fates, I hope Charlie and Sara can share some screen time. You know if she can pry herself away from her only storyline of being Ava's love interest.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 02-26-2020 at 09:18 AM
Old 02-26-2020, 09:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Good directorial debut from Caity. There were a few cool shots, like the one with the reflection on Charlie's sunglasses, Constantine's falling glass, and Steel sliding and taking out Khan's goons. The storylines, however, were rather meh to me. So far the encores are rather weak and underwhelming, but Marie was hilarious. Charlie as one of the Fates was interesting too.

The writers simply have to pair every character on the show, huh? Behrad/Charlie, Ray/Nora, Nate/Zari, Sara/Ava, even Mick has Allie (I think she's going to come up again in a later episode).

Speaking of Mick, why is there so little of him these past couple of episodes? Even less than usual.

I also wished Sara was involved in the action scenes. Seeing Caity in the rehearsal with the guns was great, if only that was in the episode.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)

Speaking of Mick, why is there so little of him these past couple of episodes? Even less than usual.
Lancer...it's probably because Dominic spent so much time filming the Crossover scenes ....it's the same thing with Caity... she had lots of scenes with the Crossover...so that took her time away from 2 episodes of Legends. There's only so much time in a month I guess.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Lancer...it's probably because Dominic spent so much time filming the Crossover scenes ....it's the same thing with Caity... she had lots of scenes with the Crossover...so that took her time away from 2 episodes of Legends. There's only so much time in a month I guess.
I believe Caity wasn't in the last 2 episodes much because she was prepping and directing Ep 5. And they didn't start filming the crossover episodes until Ep 8. Plus, I don't think Mick was in the crossover much.

Mick usually just gets one line here and there, but I thought it was weird he's in the episodes even less than usual.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to have Katie as Director, geez I still need my weekly fix of Sara .
I can understand that giving Ray / Brandon screen time to say goodbye
Old 03-01-2020, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This episode was okay... not much to discuss about it.
Behad/Charlie? Hope it's over since Charlie mentioned it was a bad sexual encounter. Let them be friends and let me see what happens from there.

LoT issue is how terrible they build relationships... of course history got changed but I still want to see how the development will happen instead of just sticking characters together. Let me enjoy the adventure.

Aww no one impressed with Ava new tool for history. lol Ray did try to appluas though. lol

Constantine with cancer and still wanting to smoke. SMH. lol
We will see how this thing with Astra happens... and if she'll continue sticking there with Constantine plans.

Ray going to ask Nora to marry him. He was worried because of how doomed his other romances were, understandable! however Ray/Nora continue to be the best pairing of this series so I'd love more of them.

Not enough Mick... when is there ever. lol No comment. lol

Sara you didn't miss that much but nice to see you in a scene!

Constantine kissed Gary! he had to be one happy man. lol Gary is way more into Constantine than the other way around. lol
Old 03-01-2020, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)
I believe Caity wasn't in the last 2 episodes much because she was prepping and directing Ep 5. And they didn't start filming the crossover episodes until Ep 8. Plus, I don't think Mick was in the crossover much.

Mick usually just gets one line here and there, but I thought it was weird he's in the episodes even less than usual.
Lancer...I replied to you in the Mick thread....