Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2016, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

Yeah I can see why.

For the main ship to get killed off only two episodes in is too cruel.
Glad to post with someone who gets it. I try to talk to a family member about it and all I get is you always act this way about a show why don't you just stop watching television all together. Well excuse me if I'm upset one of my favorites has died.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

This is like Buffy and Angel all over

I hope these to get a happy ending.
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 01-28-2016, 11:05 PM
Absolute Fan

^ I don't recall this kind of thing happening on Buffy, and I've seen pretty much every episode. Care to refresh my memory?
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 01-28-2016, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
^ I don't recall this kind of thing happening on Buffy, and I've seen pretty much every episode. Care to refresh my memory?
I just mean that Buffy and Angel was a tragic love story, they didn't get there happy ending. I just hope these to do get to be happy and together. That is what I meant by being like Buffy and Angel is all.
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Old 01-29-2016, 03:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Completely agree with you on everything.
Carter sure better return because they are THE couple of the show.
They really are. One of the many reasons why I got into the show was because of them, I wanted to see their relationship develop. I guess right now we're going to have flashbacks and other versions of him until they decide to bring him back for good. I'm still a little upset about him dying in the first episode. I understand the writers decision on wanting to remove that rock for Kendra, because Carter was her rock or rather her support system in order for her to grow into becoming Hawkgirl. Maybe she's going to encounter another verison of him, who lost his Kendra early on and she's going to have to remind him of their past lives/love. I remember Carter saying on the Arrow crossover that sometimes he found her or sometimes she found him first.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstreetboysfan (View Post)
I just mean that Buffy and Angel was a tragic love story, they didn't get there happy ending. I just hope these to do get to be happy and together. That is what I meant by being like Buffy and Angel is all.
Well at least they had three years, and even at that their were still moments they shared after.
I mean they just gave us two episodes.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickylious (View Post)
They really are. One of the many reasons why I got into the show was because of them, I wanted to see their relationship develop. I guess right now we're going to have flashbacks and other versions of him until they decide to bring him back for good. I'm still a little upset about him dying in the first episode. I understand the writers decision on wanting to remove that rock for Kendra, because Carter was her rock or rather her support system in order for her to grow into becoming Hawkgirl. Maybe she's going to encounter another verison of him, who lost his Kendra early on and she's going to have to remind him of their past lives/love. I remember Carter saying on the Arrow crossover that sometimes he found her or sometimes she found him first.
I think also, sadly, it kicked started Kendra to really want to remember those past lives and be completely for the mission because before all this she was still very reluctant. I'm not a fan of the whole death needing to motivate someone or group. but it's very much part of the comic genre.
I hope that the case with Carter that she'll find him in other life times maybe one that had lost his Kendra, as sad as that would be for them in that life time.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

At least we know we will see them together again... even if it's a cycle of tragedy.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
At least we know we will see them together again... even if it's a cycle of tragedy.
True. I hope the show doesn't use it too much either, two is the limit in my opinion. Anymore than that and it will lose it's impact and becoming annoying.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
True. I hope the show doesn't use it too much either, two is the limit in my opinion. Anymore than that and it will lose it's impact and becoming annoying.
Well... it's already been #207 times (#206 Kendra thus far)... so... yeah we shouldn't even pretend to be shocked if it happens again since it's pretty much their story.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well... it's already been #207 times (#206 Kendra thus far)... so... yeah we shouldn't even pretend to be shocked if it happens again since it's pretty much their story.
True and thinking about it, was it better to do it now, so not to be more upset when they did it later? Sometimes I think it was for better if they always plan for him to die in this life time.
Oh, I mean directly on the show in the present day, well not day since they time travel (lol), but just not in the here and now, flashbacks are okay. That could get old too, but it's at least in the past, past... Is that what you meant? Sorry if I misinterpreted.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

I do wonder if it was better now then later once we got more attached. I was shocked and couldn't believe it happened so early in the season but after I was thinking about it... Well I was kind of impressed they had the guts to do it and make me not expect it so soon.

We shall still see him when she remembers stuff and I have a feeling they will meet again wether a past version of him or a future version after he's been reborn. I'm gonna try and stay positive.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Legends started as a Hawkman and Hawkgirl series, so the idea that Carter was added as an 'afterthought' doesn't hold water.

It's going to be interesting to see how they utilize Falk going forward since he's still a series regular even with Carter being dead.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 01-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
Well at least they had three years, and even at that their were still moments they shared after.
I mean they just gave us two episodes.
Aww yea true .

Old 01-29-2016, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
I do wonder if it was better now then later once we got more attached. I was shocked and couldn't believe it happened so early in the season but after I was thinking about it... Well I was kind of impressed they had the guts to do it and make me not expect it so soon.

Well I was very attached now so I think either death would've touched me the same.
I won't ever ship Kendra with anyone else or anything because Carter/Kendra are IT! so I am as attached now then I would have been in months...

A lot of us expected it... which is why it's a shame it really happened.