Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2020, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Alex you and Dave are correct.

True. Really? Let's see Sonic is a video game star, a comic book star, a tv star, and now a movie star. I know you are but it is kinda sad DC/WB's streak is broken but maybe WW84 can restart it.
Thanks, dragonfire!

Yes, really. May I remind you that back in the 1990s they were already making movies based on video games, like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Super Mario Bros. God, those were awful. Jean Claude Van Damme was Guile in Street Fighter and Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo were Mario and Luigi. The only famous actor in Mortal Kombat was Christopher Lambert, who played Raiden.

Nah, I'm not sad that the hopelessly flawed DCEU is broken. But Wonder Woman can survive on her own without it. And putting her in the 1980s is gonna totally rock given all the 80s nostalgia today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I totally agree...and it doesn't help that DC lost Henry and Ben as Batman and Superman...they clearly saw the failure of DC movies ...Ezra is doing Harry Potter and his Flash movie has had delayed production for a while. Gal seems to be the STAR of DC...one woman doesn't make a company, but one MAN can bring a company down
I think I told you before how I feel about Snyder, Dave. Aside from 300, which I loved, he's mostly done work that's either been mediocre or downright awful. His version of Watchmen was a huge disappointment considering the source material, and Sucker Punch was actually physically painful for me to watch... and I paid money to see that crap. The only good movie Snyder made was 300, and he was basically just tracing over Frank Miller's comic book panel for panel the way Robert Rodriguez did with Sin City. That's not showing any real skill or originality. I wasn't surprised at all when WB fired him from Justice League and replaced him with Joss Whedon, too little too late. I still cannot believe they put him in charge of the DCEU. I would've warned them against that. Did they not see Watchmen and Sucker Punch?

Well, Ben was never successful at the superhero thing, Dave. Remember Daredevil? There's a reason why fans didn't want Ben playing Batman... or "Batfleck." As for Henry Cavill, are we absolutely sure he's not coming back? He kinda left that option up in the air from what I saw. And you're correct about Ezra Miller. His Flash movie has been suspended indefinitely, as has the Green Lantern Corps. movie, and there's no word on whether or not Jason Mamoa will do another Aquaman film. I've heard he's not really in Aquaman shape lately. My choice for Aquaman would've been Charlie Hunnam, but that's just me. But you're right, Wonder Woman is ironically the star of DC lately. Unfortunately, I fear that the sparkly vampire Pattinson Batman isn't going to change that situation. And after the Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey debacle, who knows if WB will even try to continue this?

You know, Dave... I kinda fixed the DCEU in the same way I fixed the MCU. I restructured the entire thing and plotted out the entire storyline in advance. Wanna see?

Well, basically the DCEU storyline would involve the Justice League origin story, which would be Volume I.

Clark Kent(Superman), Bruce Wayne(Batman), Diana Prince(Wonder Woman), Arthur Curry(Aquaman), Hal Jordan(Green Lantern), and Barry Allen(The Flash) would all be the main characters.

Volume II would introduce the Legion of Doom, along with Green Arrow, Cyborg, the Titans, and the Birds of Prey(Batgirl, Huntress, Black Canary).

Volume III would be the Doomsday storyline and the Death of Superman.

Volume IV would have the Rise of the Supermen storyline.

Volume V would be the final battle with Darkseid and the forces of Apokolips.

Volume VI would be the Crisis On Infinite Earths, which would end the story.

To quote James Kirk's old girlfriend, Carol Marcus from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, "Can I cook, or can't I?"
Old 02-19-2020, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex...thanks...I don't think Crisis will be a movie and they already did it on TV

Darkseid may not even make it to the Big Screen as a villain in JL movie.

We need Green Arrow on JL...so agree with that

LoD was hinted after Justice League 1...so that could be the next JL movie if DC ever gets to that

DoomsDay/ Rise of Superman were crammed into Batts vs Supers and JL...

this is why I like cartoon movies better...no special effect budget, you don't have to pay Voice-overs a fortune to do their job, no sets, so the story telling can be far better than any movie... case and point- FlashPoint...the Animated Movie

Why did you guys stop watching DC movies together anyways?
Old 02-19-2020, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Alex...thanks...I don't think Crisis will be a movie and they already did it on TV

Darkseid may not even make it to the Big Screen as a villain in JL movie.

We need Green Arrow on JL...so agree with that

LoD was hinted after Justice League 1...so that could be the next JL movie if DC ever gets to that

DoomsDay/ Rise of Superman were crammed into Batts vs Supers and JL...

this is why I like cartoon movies better...no special effect budget, you don't have to pay Voice-overs a fortune to do their job, no sets, so the story telling can be far better than any movie... case and point- FlashPoint...the Animated Movie

Why did you guys stop watching DC movies together anyways?

It should be a movie, Dave. I don't think the Arrowverse Crisis did the storyline justice, and who says that the Arrowverse gets special treatment? I think a cinematic version of Crisis is perfectly doable. And remember, just like my improved version of the MCU, this is a "what if?" scenario of what I would've done if I were making these movies.

Not having Darkseid would be a total sin. Glad you agree with me on Green Arrow. Hopefully Oliver would be done correctly this time. No Olicity.

Well, I question whether the DCEU will even be continued or if WB is gonna scrap it, Dave. Like I said, I think the WB execs would prefer to scrap all of the Snyderverse and start all over, like they're doing with Batman. Although I do not like what they're doing with Batman.

I know, Dave. And combining The Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman into BvS was a total mess. Same thing with making the first JL movie about Rise of the Supermen. I swear, you'd think Zack Snyder never read a comic book in his life.

That's exactly my point, Dave. After watching all of the DC animated movies with you guys I feel like the films would be better served if they were made more like the animated versions, which is what my idea is about.

And the reason we stopped watching the DC movies is because we need to have everyone available to watch together, and Tia hasn't been able to make time. She also didn't know if you'd ever come back, and I think she might not have wanted to do another watch without you, I don't know. But it would be nice if we could arrange another watch.

What did you think of my idea for redoing the Justice League movies, Dave? You'll notice that I used the same six volume structure I used for the Avengers movies.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would pay to see Crisis and Darkseid... the other ones we already sadly got and it's too late to write in a re-structure with those...

LoD would be a cool movie too if it had Black Manta, Lex, Deathstroke, Cheetah. Captain Cold
Old 02-20-2020, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I would pay to see Crisis and Darkseid... the other ones we already sadly got and it's too late to write in a re-structure with those...

LoD would be a cool movie too if it had Black Manta, Lex, Deathstroke, Cheetah. Captain Cold
DCEU is not set in stone, Dave. Even the MCU will eventually have to be reimagined. You cannot maintain a cinematic continuity like the comics. It's simply impossible. And Kevin Feige won't be with Marvel forever.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

We have four dceu movies set in stone, right?
Old 02-20-2020, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Deadline
Ben Affleck Dropped Out Of ‘The Batman’ Amid Fears He’d “Drink Himself To Death”
https://deadline.com/2020/02/ben-aff...th-1202862905/
Old 02-20-2020, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

is it that stressful to play Batman... if one can't do the stunts...let a stunt man do it...don't be like Tom Cruise
Old 02-20-2020, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, dragonfire! I already heard that story, and I knew that Affleck wasn't right for Batman. See, there's always an issue with Affleck. He's his own worst enemy.

Quote:
We have four dceu movies set in stone, right?
None of them are set in stone, Dave. If Henry Cavill doesn't return as Superman, then what? How can the DCEU continuity continue with a much younger Batman? Right now the DCEU is a total mess, and I think WB is still trying to figure out how to dig themselves out of the hole they put themselves in because of Zack "I can't direct anything but video games" Snyder.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks, dragonfire! I already heard that story, and I knew that Affleck wasn't right for Batman. See, there's always an issue with Affleck. He's his own worst enemy.

None of them are set in stone, Dave. If Henry Cavill doesn't return as Superman, then what? How can the DCEU continuity continue with a much younger Batman? Right now the DCEU is a total mess, and I think WB is still trying to figure out how to dig themselves out of the hole they put themselves in because of Zack "I can't direct anything but video games" Snyder.
Wonder Woman 2, Shazaam 2, the Batman [Robert Pattinson], and the Flash are pretty much set in stone Produced or in Pre-Production..... not to mention that Aquaman 2 is pretty much a Sure thing!!
Old 02-20-2020, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Wonder Woman 2, Shazaam 2, the Batman [Robert Pattinson], and the Flash are pretty much set in stone Produced or in Pre-Production..... not to mention that Aquaman 2 is pretty much a Sure thing!!
Yes, but that means Pattinson's Batman retcons Affleck's, doesn't it? Or are they setting Pattinson's in the past? I don't see how they're gonna make that one work. Yes, I know that Wonder Woman 1984 is set in stone, but that's 1984. If they wanted to reboot anything it wouldn't affect her. Shazam wasn't too connected to any of the other DCEU movies, and The Flash is held up in production and no one knows when that's gonna get made. Yeah, Aquaman 2 will eventually come out, but again, nothing else is set in stone. I'm thinking long term, Dave.

And I still think my DCEU idea is better. If I went back in time and changed things, that's the version you'd get from me.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well Alex, they can technically change stuff if they did a Flashpoint which is how we got those New 52 comics. lol Instead it'd be the New 52 DCEU which I'd be very much against since like Dave, I agree.... DCEU hasn't been all that bad... you can't take 2 movies from the whole franchise to say it was bad when more than half has been critically better.

Aquaman, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey are all critically well recieved movies.
Justice League and Batman vs Superman are the 2 movies that were the most disliked. Clearly to me that showed that Superman needed better treatment more than anything.

Also about Henry Cavill, he said he wants to return... he wants to finish his chapter and forget about what happened in Justice League. So the lack of Superman is WB's FAULT! They came out and said they don't know how to write for him. SMH!
Don't know how to write for Superman??

On twitter Superman was even trended because of that...
Old 02-20-2020, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great news about Henry Tia
Old 02-20-2020, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Great news about Henry Tia
Yeah, I was happy when he answered the question on the interview and confirmed that it wasn't him. So he is very much ready to go at it again.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Screen Rant
Robert Pattinson's Batsuit Has Callback To Batman's First Comics Appearance
https://screenrant.com/batman-robert...ics-reference/

Quote:
IGN
Batman and Catwoman Are Having a Baby - IGN
https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-...-pregnant-baby