Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2019, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Tia. Yeah, I liked 300 and was looking forward to Watchmen, but it disappointed me.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Can't wait for the Clois scene in the crossover.
I love that Marc went over the scenes with Smallville co-creatoer Alfred Gough and made the Smallville writers write the scene. Can't wait to see it. Really great thing for Marc to do as well to make sure the characters were truly in character and authentic to what a show I've been watching in Smallville for over a decade.

#CrisisOnInfiniteEarths begins Sunday 8pm est time on CW!
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Apparently Stargirl is being introduced in the crossover as well.

Also here are the press releases for the Supergirl, Batwoman and Flash parts of the crossover. I'll put it behind spoiler bars since they give a lot of information.

SUPERGIRL
Spoiler:

BATWOMAN
Spoiler:

THE FLASH

Spoiler:
Old 11-21-2019, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wasn't Stargirl already introduced with the Justice Society?

I've heard that Batwoman is bashing Batman all the time, so no thanks. Disrespecting Bruce Wayne to promote an agenda is low, even for The CW.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

I'm behind an episode or 2 of Batwoman, I haven't seen her bash Batman in the episodes I've seen. If anything they are showing how much better Batman was at being a hero. Luke Fox is pretty much always telling her that's not what Batman would do.

Of course I don't really care about Batwoman. I love her sister, Alice is an awesome villain. I'd rather see her in the crossover.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Sara and Mia having tense moment makes so much sense to me because everytime I watch Mia, I say she reminds me of season 2 version of Sara.

So to me that shows that we might get some good Oliver/Sara moments as well!

Also Mia was trained by Nyssa! Same as who Sara was trained by.

Old 11-22-2019, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Well, I liked the new episode of Titans and looking forward to the season finale next week. Now for the crossover? Looks like I'll be watching Batwoman.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

My issue with Titans is it somehow feels too rushed and too slow at the same time.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
The Sara and Mia having tense moment makes so much sense to me because everytime I watch Mia, I say she reminds me of season 2 version of Sara.
Me too! I hope we see Sara seeing her younger self in Mia, and pass on some wisdom to her.
lancer6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I am going to shock the world and agree with ALEX! The quote on the Batwoman series about probably she will be a better hero than Batman because Batman left?? HUH???

I have the SAME EXACT issue with Supergirl.... Kara is an amazing hero but I dislike whenever we have to see Superman since his only purpose on the show is to prop her and make her believe she's the greatest hero on earth. Kara was even immune to something that Superman was NOT immune to??? Really?

Just way too much for me... thank goodness he's getting his own show for they don't need to mention everything Supergirl is doing that Superman ain't doing.

If only Supergirl series focused more on building characters from SUPERGIRL's journey and not try to steal all the Superman characters it'd be much better.

Old 11-23-2019, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)
Me too! I hope we see Sara seeing her younger self in Mia, and pass on some wisdom to her.
I'm happy I ain't the only one who realized it! When she was like going at Oliver, I was annoyed with Mia but I was like... dang she reminds me of season 2 version of Sara. lol

Old 11-23-2019, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I am going to shock the world and agree with ALEX! The quote on the Batwoman series about probably she will be a better hero than Batman because Batman left?? HUH???
OMG! Am I dreaming?

Exactly! Bruce would NEVER leave Gotham, as we all know. He only ever left Gotham twice in the comics: once when he was a teenager and he left to go study abroad and learn everything he could from detectives, criminologists, and martial arts masters, and the second time when he was recovering from Bane breaking his back. The old Birds of Prey TV show did the same thing, having Bruce leave Gotham after being driven crazy following Catwoman's murder at hands of the Joker. Well, that never happened in the comics either. Why do these shows seem to think that the only way a woman can be a hero in Gotham is if Bruce Wayne is driven out or diminished? Batgirl and Black Canary never had to do that.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
OMG! Am I dreaming?

Exactly! Bruce would NEVER leave Gotham, as we all know. He only ever left Gotham twice in the comics: once when he was a teenager and he left to go study abroad and learn everything he could from detectives, criminologists, and martial arts masters, and the second time when he was recovering from Bane breaking his back. The old Birds of Prey TV show did the same thing, having Bruce leave Gotham after being driven crazy following Catwoman's murder at hands of the Joker. Well, that never happened in the comics either. Why do these shows seem to think that the only way a woman can be a hero in Gotham is if Bruce Wayne is driven out or diminished? Batgirl and Black Canary never had to do that.
Haha. Nah this is the point where I will agree with you and I think that's why I sort of disliked the creation of Supergirl and Batwoman. Only because it seemed to me like they were written to be copycats of Superman and Batman.
I don't care who has an issue with that with me thinking that as well.
Well I dislike them on their own tv series, not in the comics... Batwoman I didn't read comics of so I dunno... Supergirl I DID read comics of and I prefer her version in the comics a bit since her purpose wasn't to have all of Superman comics stories as her own. lol

I guess that's why Powergirl was once more famous.

I am all for woman empowerment! I am a woman. But don't need to slam Batman and Superman to make both of those characters work.

For Supergirl though, this Superman bashing nonsense didn't happen in the comics it's only been happening in the tv series and they even gave the Supergirl series JIMMY FREAKING OLSEN??? A miscast of Jimmy Olsen I may add. And Mercad, I love ya! But they should've cast him for another role... he even became a crime fighter and all of that. Should've just had him in a great new role or something and the real Jimmy Olsen could be at the DAILY PLANET!!!

They had to get Cat Grant... who owns her own company. lol Well it was the most likable she's ever been but this whole Supergirl story was just ridiculous because they really just gave her Superman's backstory...and friends.

I am so happy about my Superman and Lois show, trust me I am but it's a shame that the Supergirl series used a lot of Superman's storyline to make it into Supergirls'

I will say that I loved when the Legion came on to Supergirl because I was like FINALLLY!!!! We finally got a Supergirl comic book storyline... Supergirl is with the Legion a lot and has a close relationship with Brainiac 5! One of the few stories they actually got right thus far.

So I guess in Batwoman, we will see Batwoman and Joker against each other since Batman abandoned his city and all.

It should've been better backstory then only, "Batman abandoned Gotham City so Batwoman will be the savior." Oh please.

And you are correct, it's probably why Batgirl and Black Canary work better for me because they can save the world without tearing down their counterpart for it to work.
I love Supergirl though... just wish they gave her her own storylines and not Superman's...

Old 11-24-2019, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Unlike Supergirl and Batwoman, Titans haven't done that with Bruce and Dick. Like so far they haven't torn Bruce down to prop Dick up, and give Dick Bruce's stories. Same with Clark&Connor.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, this is why I've given up on the entire Arrowverse. They're less concerned about good storytelling and more concerned about being "woke," which at this point is just another work for bat- crazy.