Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2019, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

I'm actually kind of enjoying Batwoman or rather I'm enjoying Alice's story on Batwoman. The title character is just kind of there. This week's episode pretty much had Alice as the lead and I loved it.

With Titans I get what they are doing, they just did it in dumb way. I watch shows for the characters and this show is plot over characters. So when the characters have to do something to service plot it makes little to no sense because we didn't spend enough time with the characters to learn why they are acting that way. It looks like are just reacting that way because the plot calls for them to act that way. I also think the Titan writers can't write for an ensemble cast. It's probably one of the more difficult to write for. They also need to stop introducing more characters when we barely know the character they already have. Poor Gar barely gets a storyline or screentime. While I enjoyed the Superboy episode, he was a brand new character that got a whole episode devoted to his backstory while we have Gar, Kory and Donna from season 1 who have still not had a background episode yet. Not to mention depowering Donna so she's barely better than Dick. She's supposed to be at the same level as Wonder Woman.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 11-04-2019 at 02:46 PM
Old 11-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

I think it doesn't help that arguably the show is more like a Dick Grayson show guest-starring the Titans than a Titans show.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Hank and Dawn get a lot of story too. More then anyone else.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It seems you both like the side main characters more than the #1 main character. That's usually the case for many shows though...
Old 11-05-2019, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
Hank and Dawn get a lot of story too. More then anyone else.
Yep, and I don't know why they do.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Man does it feel good to love the Arrow series again. makes me sadder it's ending now. lol

The Flash killing off Gypsy.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Yep, and I don't know why they do.
I think they were supposed to get a spin off and it didn't work out. So they are trying to tell their story in the Nightwing show posing as a Titans show.

I think I want to check out Arrow again but then I read about it and see some clips and realize I don't care about the majority of the characters. I don't know Oliver's kids so I don't really care about them. It's cool he got to meet them and I'm sure the acting was great but it means nothing to me since I haven't really watched the show regularly since season 2.

Its probably better because it's a shorter season with an end point. If it was continuing it would have had more filler and useless episodes like previous seasons. That's why I think most shows would benefit from shorter seasons. They can tell more story over a couple of 10/13 episode seasons instead of trying to pad useless stories into a 22+ episodes and telling most of their story in the first 2 seasons.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Melissa, I don't think you even have to know them to get invested because of how well written this season has been thus far! The twist from the first episode of the season was a great start! and yes the acting was terrific from Stephen Amell yesterday!

I do hope that William, Mia and Connor realize that they just screwed up the future. Since they told all the details of the future... also in the future Rene and Dinah didn't even know of Mia existence which they found out in the recent episode so that's CHANGED! since now they know...

I am just so intrigued by this season and I love Felicity (moreso season 1 & 2) but I feel the show has been written 100x better since the focus isn't on her. Other characters get to do more I guess... I dunno. lol Just seems like more of a balance writing now. And Oliver & Diggle friendship getting that front and center focus is fun for me to watch.

So, I am promoting for everyone to watch Arrow this season. lol It's really the best show of the DC shows right now for this season.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

I have to know the characters to be invested in them. As I said I watched some clips and they didn't interest me that much. I think I will just read about what happens, on another site I'm on they talk about anything that pertains to the Crisis so I'll get my news from that and wait for the Crossover which I'm basically just watching for Sara and the other DC shows cameos.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Melissa I understand how you feel but I keep telling you how great the show is when you seem like you want to dive into watching it again . I really don’t think reviews will help with that. Which is why I said if you did decide to watch it 8x01 would’ve been a Getty time to dive back in because of how great the twist was but if you already have your mind made up by recaps/reviews then it’s no point. lol
Old 11-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

I already know the twists from reading reviews so it won't be that amazing for me.

As for Titan's I think that's a show that can benefit from binge watching. It doesn't hold up well waiting a week between episodes especially since they like to drag out their main storyline by taking flashback or pointless detours until they get back to it.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Melissa, I know how you feel but I was going on your posts from #67 & another one of your posts when you wanted to give Arrow a chance. lol And I was just replying to that if you didn't read the recaps/reviews you should've just jumped into the watch....

That's all I was saying. But of course since you already know everything it's no point.
Like I just jumped back into Supergirl last season when Lex came on. lol
Old 11-10-2019, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't wait for the full trailer.
A little glance of Sara, Brandon as Superman! Black Lighting. I am so pumped for this.

Also, I agree with this fan here since I read the Crisis comics. The amount of characters in the actual comics was insane.

Old 11-10-2019, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

I'm excited too, but that teaser was kind of lame.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
I'm excited too, but that teaser was kind of lame.
It's so quick which is why. lol They better hurry up and release the full 2-min+ long trailer.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top