Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2017, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
I think I'm done with the Flash.
Wow I came in her about to post the same thing.

The show is just so horrible right now. I think they are trying to make the show TOO light and in the process, they are running the series.

And in this case, it has nothing to do with ships or characters

Old 11-15-2017, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

It took me two sittings to finish the last episode of The Flash. I am trying to remain positive, but after that last episode and the mess that is in Hollywood and the fandom world, I am losing stamina.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I know. And yeah, 2 sittings is horrible. Can I just say you are both better than me because 15 minutes in, for the first time ever, I started pushing the fast forward button.
It was too difficult to get by....

The Flash really lost itself while trying to turn back TOO LIGHT.

So yes this season, THe Flash is easily the worst of all the DC shows I am currently watching..

Gotham, Arrow and LoT have been my best... I don't think I will quit Flash yet but man is it becoming more difficult by each episode this season.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

I'm going to stick with Flash until the crossover (so two more episodes) then I think I'll be done with it. They are going a little to far into immature humor for my tastes. Especially in light of what's been going on.

I saw this in a review and they are correct.
Quote:
If The Flash is looking for an example of addressing important topics, while still maintaining the fun factor, it should check out its sister show Legends of Tomorrow, which does this well.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Arrow is really good this season. It is a good balance of dark/light, more leaning towards dark but lighter than Gotham. For me, it is a happy medium. Dare I say, as a House of El fan, that Supergirl is even losing its appeal. I think it is also in the realm of too light and not enough dark and good action. It has a lot of heart, but family shows don't really entice me as much as action/adventure shows. Arrow has focused a lot on family this season, but it still has good angst that I love over just a feel good show. I need tragedy in my shows, ha!
Old 11-16-2017, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

Arrow lost my interest a long time ago.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Supergirl loss my interest last season so I quite.... I think myself and Melissa quit the exact same episode. Although I returned for one episode and regretted that.....
Flash has lost my interest this season as the episodes keep on going along.

Arrow, Gotham and LoT are my top 3 for sure.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

I don't even remember the episode of Supergirl when I quit.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
I don't even remember the episode of Supergirl when I quit.
Well we quit the same one so it was "Distant Sun".... I think.

Also, I'll be available to return to live watches next week if anyone else wants to join.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

And unfortunately with all the Hollywood mess, I see myself quitting more shows. Like although the trailer looks so good for Murder on the Orient Express, I can't see a movie with Johnny Depp in it anymore. I understand people make mistakes and bad choices, but when it is repetitive and happens multiple times, they are no longer mistakes but the person's ethics/morals is in question.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ It's so upsetting right now. BU the more upsetting thing is how people can't just keep there damn hands to themselves whether it's physical or sexual abuse. Just keep your hands to yourself.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's what we have learned as toddlers. If these powerful people and people in positions where others are looking up to them/admiring them can't be decent, how can we expect our children and teens to grow up with good morals? Of course, there are still more good people in the world! Now things are coming out, I don't see a lot of good coming out of all this. Just like with all the shootings, we are basically giving these abusers fame. What they have done is newsworthy and the news is 'good enough' to be put on the headlines.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
That's what we have learned as toddlers. If these powerful people and people in positions where others are looking up to them/admiring them can't be decent, how can we expect our children and teens to grow up with good morals? Of course, there are still more good people in the world! Now things are coming out, I don't see a lot of good coming out of all this. Just like with all the shootings, we are basically giving these abusers fame. What they have done is newsworthy and the news is 'good enough' to be put on the headlines.
Completely agree with you and yeah this is all depressing but it those teach us all to not admire and really look up people we really don't know. And I was really fortunate to learn of that in my teens. I forgot the exact age, but when I was probably around 14? I stopped really looking up to people and NOTICED that there is a difference between the actor and character.

And with these showrunners, it's ridiculous that some of them abused their power and it has been accepted, brushed over and accepted for this long.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will admit that I am naive and always been very innocent. Too innocent. I always see the good in all people and the world. So I guess when I see bad stuff going on, it hits me pretty hard and makes me reflective on how people can do such horrible, unimaginable things. I remind myself there are still good people in the world and that the good does outweigh the bad. It just makes me sad when I see cruelty in the world.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Aww that's pretty sad. Sorry that this going on is such a shock to me.
I wish I could even pretend to be shocked but sadly I am not.

But yeah it's as much bad and good in the world....