Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2020, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
True. Speaking of Smallville didn't the final season had some of Hartley's Passions co-stars appeared in it? Like wasn't one of Granny Goodness girls played Teresa from Passions, and the one who played Booster Gold played Ethan from Passions?

Me too, and after he paid for the damage he told them he's been working out.

Yeah, I did, and I'm glad it was Lana as the love interest because seems originally Clark's love interest, and he was even gonna marry her was Kara/Supergirl.

True, though there was some stuff I was judgmental about as a kid. Examples Smallville Alica's death, and Heroes Charlie's death.

Good question and I wonder if we'll get a new scene between DC/CW Flash, and DCEU Flash?

I think it does. If Keaton returns then I'm looking forward to seeing him with DCEU Flash, and maybe DCEU Cyborg if Cyborg is in it. Actually what they want to do with Keaton's Batman sounds like what they wanted to do with Affleck's Batman.

Boy wouldn't that be an ironic twist if Affleck's replacement is Keaton.

Thanks, and I hope everyone is ok.

Oh I forgot. Oh but yes to Ethan portrayed by Eric Martsoff. Since I still watch Soaps, I still watch him daily on Days of Our Lives! He loves his Soaps.
JH was just so great as Oliver Queen.

He'd have to tell me that workout after that. lol

Nah, the original love interest to Clark will forever be Lois Lane. lol Lang Lang got added to the comics later as Clark's high school sweetheart. She always gets tied to the adventures of Superboy... and let's give it to poor Lori Lemaris who is suppose to be Clark's college girlfriend but is always forgotten about. And most of the comics Lana is heartbroken that Clark never returns romantic feelings towards her later in life although Lana always seemed to have feelings for him. That's why Smallville was a bit annoying to watch at times. lol Superman and Lana of course grew to be closer even without the romantic element since they both moved on even if they had the "first love" bond.

I loved crazy Alicia and beautiful Charlie!!!

I hope to get that Flash scene in the DCEU world.

DCEU Cyborg need a lot more to do, and I hope they finally do right by the character.
I want to see Batman meets Batman. lol
Did you like Christian Bale as Batman?

I hope Affleck decides to return one day... it just seemed like he needed a break from the whole thing...

Everything is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
I don't doubt Joss is an a-hole. Im not defending his behavior. However that has no bearing on whether or not he could've saved that movie. Even if they got the nicest director on the world. The movie was a rushed mess from the get go. DC had no plan other than trying to compete with the MCU. And that mistake cost them.

They should've slowed down and made standalone movies for their heroes instead of rushing into a team up. Synder also shouldn't made both Superman and Batman gloomy rage machines. Yes, Batman had a lot of anger, but I like when its more subtle. That's why I liked Keaton's Batman and David Mazouz's Bruce.

I even heard that Synder wanted to make Superman like he was roided out. The studio made him tone that down. I felt like Man of Steel's Superman was like super powered Batman, not Superman.

I actually agree with you on all of this however even before I saw the movie I didn't think Joss would be the right person for this which he wasn't... also whether we love or hate Synder, WB lied and did him dirty. Basically saying that JW was only doing reshoots and saying how much Synder approved and enjoyed JW version and than it came out that most of that was not even true and I believe Synder said he didn't watch JW version or something along those lines. He deals with the death of his daughter, he gets removed from everything.

This is why the main stuff has to be blamed on WB for allowing and pretty much enabling all of this nonsense to happen and I completely agree with you on the rushing for a Justice League movie! They should've slowed down and wait for everything to play out.

Again I am not saying Synder was the best director in the world, I just want to see his version play out after the treatment he got, the lies that were told and how bad Joss's version was. lol You got insiders, cast and crew all talk about how different the film was and that the rumors of Joss just doing reshoots not being all the way true... he did a lot more than what was initially reported.... it's pretty much obvious with all the characters that got removed... especially Darksied who's suppose to be the main villain of the movie...

I just been over JW for a long time obviously. lol
Old 07-01-2020, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with Melissa's assessment of Man of Steel. Zack Snyder was clearly more influenced by Frank Miller's work and his Superman was closer to the Superman character from The Dark Knight Returns. I honestly don't think that Snyder really cared about Superman. He even admitted that Superman would be a tough sell in the 21st century, so that's another problem I have with Snyder, the fact that he's a guy who just doesn't like Superman but was still making Superman movies.

Well, Joss Whedon seemed to work well with the Avengers cast, and The Avengers is still one of the best superhero movies of all time, the lack of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne notwithstanding, along with the wuss move of replacing the Skrulls with the Chitauri. It should've been the Skrulls because the Chitauri are a throwaway species of no importance. I guess the chemistry just wasn't there with the DCEU. Joss came into the Justice League project and wanted to run things his way and the cast were more used to Zack Snyder.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

Oh I forgot. Oh but yes to Ethan portrayed by Eric Martsoff. Since I still watch Soaps, I still watch him daily on Days of Our Lives! He loves his Soaps.
JH was just so great as Oliver Queen.

He'd have to tell me that workout after that. lol

Nah, the original love interest to Clark will forever be Lois Lane. lol Lang Lang got added to the comics later as Clark's high school sweetheart. She always gets tied to the adventures of Superboy... and let's give it to poor Lori Lemaris who is suppose to be Clark's college girlfriend but is always forgotten about. And most of the comics Lana is heartbroken that Clark never returns romantic feelings towards her later in life although Lana always seemed to have feelings for him. That's why Smallville was a bit annoying to watch at times. lol Superman and Lana of course grew to be closer even without the romantic element since they both moved on even if they had the "first love" bond.

I loved crazy Alicia and beautiful Charlie!!!

I hope to get that Flash scene in the DCEU world.

DCEU Cyborg need a lot more to do, and I hope they finally do right by the character.
I want to see Batman meets Batman. lol
Did you like Christian Bale as Batman?

I hope Affleck decides to return one day... it just seemed like he needed a break from the whole thing...

Everything is okay.

Doesn't he play Brady? He was. You know I was surprised that they made Oliver/Chloe endgame.

Maybe it's a Kryptonian work out in the Fortress?

Oh, I meant the original love interest in Superman III. Seems one of the Salkinds wrote the original script for Superman III, and in it, Kara/Supergirl was the love interest, also to explain Lois's absence she had left a goodbye note that revealed she moved to Hong Kong, and the reason why it didn't happen was that WB/DC rejected the script.

Of course, that wasn't all that was in the script for WB/DC to reject it, and after I found out what was in the script I'm glad WB/DC rejected it because if people thought Superman III was bad, the original script for it would've made it worse.

Me too.

Hopefully, we will.

Yeah, DCEU Cyborg got sidelined hard.

That would be cool to see.

Yeah, I like him as Batman well, except for the Batman's voice in the Nolanverse.

I hope so too, and yeah he needed a break.

You know I wonder if WB/DC will end up doing an Into The Batverse movie with Keaton, Bale, Affleck, and maybe even Pattinson?

Another thing I wonder is will The Flash movie be a Flash movie or at least feel like a Flash movie? I mean I do worry about Flash getting sidelined in his own movie by Batman.

Good.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

DragonFire did you watch this little preview? I totally didn't see it until now... I only saw the photo! This little snipped looks great.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
DragonFire did you watch this little preview? I totally didn't see it until now... I only saw the photo! This little snipped looks great.

I didn't until you posted it thanks. It does look great.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Well, Joss Whedon seemed to work well with the Avengers cast, and The Avengers is still one of the best superhero movies of all time, the lack of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne notwithstanding, along with the wuss move of replacing the Skrulls with the Chitauri. It should've been the Skrulls because the Chitauri are a throwaway species of no importance. I guess the chemistry just wasn't there with the DCEU. Joss came into the Justice League project and wanted to run things his way and the cast were more used to Zack Snyder.

I actually completely agree with you on that. Which is again why WB should get blamed for everything with the decision maker... I feel the way it happened wasn't good as well. Also I felt since Joss worked with Avengers, he shouldn't have worked with Justice League since he should've been viewed as the competion. lol But that's just me.

Quote:
Doesn't he play Brady? He was. You know I was surprised that they made Oliver/Chloe endgame.

Oh, I meant the original love interest in Superman III. Seems one of the Salkinds wrote the original script for Superman III, and in it, Kara/Supergirl was the love interest, also to explain Lois's absence she had left a goodbye note that revealed she moved to Hong Kong, and the reason why it didn't happen was that WB/DC rejected the script.

Of course, that wasn't all that was in the script for WB/DC to reject it, and after I found out what was in the script I'm glad WB/DC rejected it because if people thought Superman III was bad, the original script for it would've made it worse.

Yeah, DCEU Cyborg got sidelined hard.

You know I wonder if WB/DC will end up doing an Into The Batverse movie with Keaton, Bale, Affleck, and maybe even Pattinson?

Another thing I wonder is will The Flash movie be a Flash movie or at least feel like a Flash movie? I mean I do worry about Flash getting sidelined in his own movie by Batman.

Good.

Yes Brady Black! I do love him at times!

I loved Oliver/Chloe so much BEFORE they got involved. lol I was shipping them hardcore right after their first meeting but the writing was a bit off for me even if I enjoyed the chemistry but by the time season 10 happened I sort of enjoyed Oliver/Tess interaction a little bit more....

It is awesome that Annette portrayed Lana and her first scene in Smallville is with the young Lana. I agree with you on Superman 3, I didn't hate it as much as a lot of people did. lol I can see why people felt it was a disconnect over the first 2 films but I still liked it.

It went from Zack saying Cyborg was the heart of the DCEU Justice League to him being completely removed in a way. lol Also I didn't care for the backstories for all the characters getting removed as well... especially for Flash and Cyborg. The no backstory would've made sense if they all had solo movies before Justice League which they did not.

I am curious with all these Batman's. lol It's a little confusing of who would be who but I guess thank goodness to the multiverse.

I do wish the first Flash movie would be more about his character and how he's dealing with his abilities but who knows probably the first hour of the movie will be that way.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

I actually completely agree with you on that. Which is again why WB should get blamed for everything with the decision maker... I feel the way it happened wasn't good as well. Also I felt since Joss worked with Avengers, he shouldn't have worked with Justice League since he should've been viewed as the competion. lol But that's just me.

You.. completely... agree with me?

Well, I do think it's possible for a person to work with both companies without there being a conflict of interest. Artists just want to create the best possible stories. George Lucas worked with both 20th Century Fox and Paramount when it came to Star Wars and Indiana Jones. But I also think that the situation Joss walked into was just bad from the get-go, and he'd already left Marvel over Kevin Feige's interference, so he was probably already stung by that.

NO, dragonfire. Please no Into The Batverse.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Yes Brady Black! I do love him at times!

I loved Oliver/Chloe so much BEFORE they got involved. lol I was shipping them hardcore right after their first meeting but the writing was a bit off for me even if I enjoyed the chemistry but by the time season 10 happened I sort of enjoyed Oliver/Tess interaction a little bit more....

It is awesome that Annette portrayed Lana and her first scene in Smallville is with the young Lana. I agree with you on Superman 3, I didn't hate it as much as a lot of people did. lol I can see why people felt it was a disconnect over the first 2 films but I still liked it.

It went from Zack saying Cyborg was the heart of the DCEU Justice League to him being completely removed in a way. lol Also I didn't care for the backstories for all the characters getting removed as well... especially for Flash and Cyborg. The no backstory would've made sense if they all had solo movies before Justice League which they did not.

I am curious with all these Batman's. lol It's a little confusing of who would be who but I guess thank goodness to the multiverse.

I do wish the first Flash movie would be more about his character and how he's dealing with his abilities but who knows probably the first hour of the movie will be that way.
I thought so, and isn't Brady John Black's son?

Oh, ok. Speaking of S10 and Tess wasn't that the season that revealed Tess was Lex's secret sister?

Yep. Yeah, for a movie that was infamous for the comedy it actually had stuff in it that wasn't a comedy but actually some serious stuff, and it also had some cool scenes with Clark/Superman as well. I don't know I just think Superman III is underrated.

Which goes right all back to WB's rushing out a JL movie to catch up with Marvel's Avengers, and forgetting that Marvel gave most of The Avengers solo movies before The Avengers movie.

Yes, thank goodness for the multiverse. You know it would be something if not only Keaton returns, but Bale returns, then Pfeiffer, Hathaway, and maybe even O'Donnell, and Silverstone.

Just like DC/CW Flash had the multiple Superman/Lois the DCEU Flash could have the multiple Batman/Catwoman and a Robin/Batgirl as well.

Example Nolanverse Batcat and Schumacherverse DickBabs can be cameos that DCEU Flash meets while using the multiverse, and maybe he's visiting their universes because he's maybe looking for Batman?

I don't know I'm just throwing out some ideas.

Maybe, and who knows maybe the Batman stuff will help The Flash movie? Hopefully, Keaton's Batman return doesn't involve him wanting to fight kill The Flash.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire! I'm fine, thanks.

Well, I actually do think that a lot of that stuff you mentioned might make for a great cinematic version of Crisis on Infinite Earths. I also agree that WB rushed their DCEU into production to catch up with Marvel and that also hindered them. Remember, when Marvel was setting up their MCU, WB was still stuck in the Nolanverse Batman films which were stand alone, and that was their mistake. They should have insisted that Nolan place his films within the DC universe and not their own separate universe. Also, letting Bryan Singer make Superman Returns, which was set in the Donnerverse, was another mistake. Then they did Green Lantern, which was an act of desperation on their part after the success of Iron Man. Both Hal Jordan and Ryan Reynolds deserved better.

I agree, one big reason the MCU worked was because the characters were all introduced in solo films first, and then came together in the Avengers. The DCEU did it backwards, with Batman v Superman and Justice League introducing everyone else, and then having them branch off into solo films, and it became a mess. And again, what was Snyder thinking casting Affleck as Batman?

For the record, my JL miniseries would introduce Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, and The Flash in separate movies and then bring them together in the Justice League. Cyborg wouldn't be introduced until the second volume where the Legion of Doom are introduced.

You guys think Superman III is underrated? Guys, my mom paid money to take me to see that movie in 1983 and she got robbed. You do know that Donner's original idea was to have Brainiac in that film, and instead we got Richard Pryor. The only good stuff in that movie was Clark struggling with his evil self after being exposed to red kryptonite (if that's even what it was), and Annette O'Toole was also great as Lana Lang, but that's about it. Don't even get me started on Superman IV. I paid my own money to see that in 1987. I should've just gone to see RoboCop instead. Why did I wait to see RoboCop on VHS?

Come to think of it, I also went to see Jaws: The Revenge in the theater in 1987. What the hell was wrong with me? The only good movies I went to see in the theater that summer were Predator, Innerspace, The Lost Boys, and Beverly Hills Cop II. I wish I'd seen RoboCop, Lethal Weapon, and The Untouchables in the theater that year.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire! I'm fine, thanks.

Well, I actually do think that a lot of that stuff you mentioned might make for a great cinematic version of Crisis on Infinite Earths. I also agree that WB rushed their DCEU into production to catch up with Marvel and that also hindered them. Remember, when Marvel was setting up their MCU, WB was still stuck in the Nolanverse Batman films which were stand alone, and that was their mistake. They should have insisted that Nolan place his films within the DC universe and not their own separate universe. Also, letting Bryan Singer make Superman Returns, which was set in the Donnerverse, was another mistake. Then they did Green Lantern, which was an act of desperation on their part after the success of Iron Man. Both Hal Jordan and Ryan Reynolds deserved better.

I agree, one big reason the MCU worked was because the characters were all introduced in solo films first, and then came together in the Avengers. The DCEU did it backwards, with Batman v Superman and Justice League introducing everyone else, and then having them branch off into solo films, and it became a mess. And again, what was Snyder thinking casting Affleck as Batman?

For the record, my JL miniseries would introduce Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, and The Flash in separate movies and then bring them together in the Justice League. Cyborg wouldn't be introduced until the second volume where the Legion of Doom are introduced.

You guys think Superman III is underrated? Guys, my mom paid money to take me to see that movie in 1983 and she got robbed. You do know that Donner's original idea was to have Brainiac in that film, and instead we got Richard Pryor. The only good stuff in that movie was Clark struggling with his evil self after being exposed to red kryptonite (if that's even what it was), and Annette O'Toole was also great as Lana Lang, but that's about it. Don't even get me started on Superman IV. I paid my own money to see that in 1987. I should've just gone to see RoboCop instead. Why did I wait to see RoboCop on VHS?

Come to think of it, I also went to see Jaws: The Revenge in the theater in 1987. What the hell was wrong with me? The only good movies I went to see in the theater that summer were Predator, Innerspace, The Lost Boys, and Beverly Hills Cop II. I wish I'd seen RoboCop, Lethal Weapon, and The Untouchables in the theater that year.
Hey Alex. Good.

You do? Actually if WB/DC ever does make a live-action movie of Crisis they would probably have it be about Batman/Batverse. Batman: COIE.

Yep. After The Dark Knight, I highly doubt WB/DC wanted to do that. They wanted Batman back on top, Nolan succeeded that, and if they would've tried to force Nolan to add his movies to a DC universe when he didn't want to then it could have lead to him leaving, Bale leaving, and WB/DC back to square one.

WB/DC was wise to let Nolan finish his trilogy before starting a DC universe. The less said about Superman Returns the better. I don't know about Hal but I think it all worked out for Reynolds. He was born to play Deadpool.

Wow, you actually agree with me about something in the MCU? I thought Affleck as Batman was fine.

It would?

I do. She did? Yeah, I think I read something about that, and do you know that in the original script for Superman III Brainiac was the main villain but the bad part was he was gonna be in like a love triangle with Superman and Supergirl?

I don't know I thought the chemical plant fire scenes were good, also the scene where Clark/Superman saves Ricky, Clark/Superman fixes the oil ship, the supercomputer, the freaky scene of Robo Vera, Clark/Superman vs the supercomputer, and uses the can of acid from the chemical plant to destroy the supercomputer. Clark/Superman helps Gus get a job, Clark/Superman finally settles the score with Brad, and of course, Clark/Superman moves the tower of Pisa back the way it was, and it causes a guy to break the figurines of Pisa.

Superman IV I can understand, and I think it's worse than Batman & Robin. Jaws the Revenge? Isn't that the Jaws movie where he wants revenge for the death of his friend, and he travels all the way to the Bahamas to get his revenge?

You do?

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex, I think Superman 3 is underrated by the standards of being labels one of the worst superhero movies... I've seen so many worst. It's not the greatest movie but it's not the worst. I felt the main issue with Superman 3 was how disconnected it was from the first 2 movies of the franchise. Superman IV deserves no defense. lol

Quote:
I thought so, and isn't Brady John Black's son?

Oh, ok. Speaking of S10 and Tess wasn't that the season that revealed Tess was Lex's secret sister?

Yep. Yeah, for a movie that was infamous for the comedy it actually had stuff in it that wasn't a comedy but actually some serious stuff, and it also had some cool scenes with Clark/Superman as well. I don't know I just think Superman III is underrated.

Which goes right all back to WB's rushing out a JL movie to catch up with Marvel's Avengers, and forgetting that Marvel gave most of The Avengers solo movies before The Avengers movie.

Yes, thank goodness for the multiverse. You know it would be something if not only Keaton returns, but Bale returns, then Pfeiffer, Hathaway, and maybe even O'Donnell, and Silverstone.

Maybe, and who knows maybe the Batman stuff will help The Flash movie? Hopefully, Keaton's Batman return doesn't involve him wanting to fight kill The Flash.

I hope everyone is ok.

Yes! you sure remember your Days of Our Lives history. lol

It sure was! That was quite a shocker and I assume that the writers didn't have that planned from the beginning seeing as how Tess was sort of in love with Lex when she first came into the show. lol

It is underrated and I felt that the backstage nonsense made things worst. I feel if that was just a solo film not connected with the first 2 movies of the franchise that people would've thought better of it but of course the issue with Superman 3 was the disconnect from the first 2 movies I believe.

Sure right, when you rush projects you get disastrous results which they got with JLA. No one to blame but themselves.

Jeez you want the whole Batverse in one movie.

I am happy I love Clois since they always get the most (for the most part) respect as a couple and I know I'll always see a new version of them. lol So yes, give other fanbases their love as well.

I hope not since I disliked DCEU Batman trying to kill Superman in Batman vs Superman because he just came across so stupid and he got on my nerve although I think Ben was amazing as Batman.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I agree with you about Superman IV, Tia. I think Superman III could've been better if they'd stuck with Donner's original plan, but I think the combination of Richard Lester and the Salkinds' bad decisions just gave us a film that was plain awful. Christopher Reeve deserved better. Donner himself said the problem with Superman III was that you can't have Superman not be the star of his own movie, and too much emphasis was on Richard Pryor.

Hi, dragonfire!

Nah, not just the Batverse. If I had done the DCEU my way, the Crisis would have everything from The Dark Knight Returns, to Gotham By Gaslight, to Red Son, to Flashpoint, to... whatever. It would be the grand climax where the heroes would have to confront all the alternate versions of themselves.

I think that Nolan could've quit after The Dark Knight and WB could've incorporated that Batman into the DCEU. But the only way it would work is if you planned it out starting with Batman Begins, and they didn't do that. The mistake was having Batman Begins and Superman Returns as stand alone films and that allowed Marvel to just blow right by them with Iron Man and the MCU. I still think it could've been done, but I'd need a whole lot of space to explain how I'd do it.

Yes, Ryan Reynolds did get Deadpool, but Hal Jordan deserved better and I think the Green Lantern movie could've been done better. I would have cast someone else and I'd have made the film closer to the comics and have it link up with the other Justice League members. Hollywood never does anything right.

Well, yeah, I do agree that the MCU did the right thing from a structural standpoint by having the characters introduced separately and then brought together in the Avengers movie. But again, I'd have still done it differently, with the Avengers saga six volume structure I've already shown you.

dragonfire, Ben Affleck is never fine in anything.

Yes, my Justice League saga would've also been in six volumes, and the first volume would focus on Clark, Bruce, Diana, Arthur, Hal, and Barry. Cyborg and the others wouldn't be introduced until Volume 2, Legion of Doom.

Yeah, my mom took me to see Superman III because I was only 13 at the time.

I did hear about Brainiac being Donner's original idea for Superman III, but I didn't hear anything about Supergirl. Why would Clark be in a love triangle with Brainiac and his own cousin? I don't think Donner would do that.

Yeah, the chemical plant fire was okay, although I think that frozen lake idea was a bit off. It probably would've cracked and fell apart the moment Superman lifted it into the air. Yeah, and that was a bit of obvious foreshadowing with the acid from the chemical plant. And OMG, does Jimmy Olsen ever not get into trouble?

Oh, God... don't remind me of RoboVera! How the hell she even survived that I don't know. But I did like some of the stuff with Lana and Brad, though. That guy was such an ass. Oh, that Leaning Tower of Pisa thing was just stupid. If he did that the thing would've collapsed.

Well, I think Superman IV and Batman & Robin are in a contest to see which one sucks more.

Well, it's never explained what the hell that shark wants revenge for, because by then it's the fourth Great White shark in the series. Although I do think that Jaws: The Revenge does retcon the events of Jaws III(also known as Jaws 3-D) out of existence. But yeah, a Great White Shark kills Mike's brother, and then the shark follows Helen Brody down to the Bahamas where she's on vacation visiting her son, Mike. That's another thing, Great Whites don't go down to the Caribbean. They have Tiger Sharks and Hammerheads down there, but not Great Whites.

What's funny is that in the early 1980s after we first got cable TV, I think I actually watched Jaws III more than any of the others. It was just so campy and cartoonish you were hardly scared by it at all.

Oh, yeah. I saw Robocop, The Untouchables, and Lethal Weapon on VHS in the Spring of 1988, and I liked them so much that I later wished I'd have seen them in the cinema in the summer of 1987, instead of watching crap like Superman IV and Jaws: The Revenge.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes! you sure remember your Days of Our Lives history. lol

It sure was! That was quite a shocker and I assume that the writers didn't have that planned from the beginning seeing as how Tess was sort of in love with Lex when she first came into the show. lol

It is underrated and I felt that the backstage nonsense made things worst. I feel if that was just a solo film not connected with the first 2 movies of the franchise that people would've thought better of it but of course the issue with Superman 3 was the disconnect from the first 2 movies I believe.

Sure right, when you rush projects you get disastrous results which they got with JLA. No one to blame but themselves.

Jeez you want the whole Batverse in one movie.

I am happy I love Clois since they always get the most (for the most part) respect as a couple and I know I'll always see a new version of them. lol So yes, give other fanbases their love as well.

I hope not since I disliked DCEU Batman trying to kill Superman in Batman vs Superman because he just came across so stupid and he got on my nerve although I think Ben was amazing as Batman.
I used to watch the show regularly. Speaking of history. Remember the Shawn in the cage by Jan storyline?

Yeah, she was wasn't she? S10 had some shocking surprise twists. Remember the Alexander clone twist?

Yep. That, with more focus on Gus than Clark/Superman, and Lois just as a cameo. Then in Superman IV, it felt like they tried to return to the stuff from Superman The Movie/Superman II but sadly it didn't work.

Next Superman Returns tried to do the same thing but it didn't work either, and the only time it did work was Smallville.

It felt like a spiritual sequel to it but it also felt like it was it's own thing as well. It had the right balance for it to work, and I think when it comes to the future Superman movies that should be one of the ways to make a Superman movie.

Have it feel like a spiritual sequel to the legacy, but also have it feel like it's own thing as well. The right balance for it to work.

Yep, and the same thing happened to Sony, and to fix the mess they had to make a deal with Disney/Marvel to reboot Spidey, and have him join the MCU which gave us Keaton as The Vulture.

Well, maybe to introduce the multiverse in the DCEU in a way for the audience to catch on pretty quick what it is, how it is, etc, etc, and feel nostalgic at the same time I was thinking Batverse characters as cameos.

Also since the DCEU keeps reminding us there's no DCEU Batman, maybe DCEU Barry/Flash decides if DCEU Batman doesn't return then he'll find a new one thru the multiverse.

Now Barry/Flash is like Goldilocks, and the 3 Batverses is like the 3 chairs, porridge, and beds.

First up is Nolanverse with Bale&Hathaway's Batcat, maybe Caine's Alfred, and Zimmerman's TDK theme. Barry/Flash meets them, but Nolanverse is too hot, too hard, and the biggest reason why he can't get this Batman is that this Bruce is retired, and happily married with this Selina with kids.

Next is the Schumacherverse with O'Donnell&Silverstone's DickBabs, and Goldenthal's Forever/B&R theme. Barry/Flash meets them but Schumacherverse is too cold, too soft, and the biggest reason why he can't get this Batman is that he's not even there, it's just DickBabs, and their Gotham needs them.

Finally the one and only Burtonverse with Keaton's Batman and Elfman's 89/Returns theme. Barry/Flash meets him, and Burtonverse is just right, and the biggest reason why he can get this Batman is that he's still Batman, and still in Gotham.

So after all that the audience would see what the multiverse is in the DCEU, and feel nostalgic by seeing the Nolanverse, Schumacherverse, and Burtonverse at the same time.

Oh, if you were wondering why I didn't list Pfeiffer's Catwoman in the Burtonverse I was thinking maybe it would work better for her return appearance be in a surprise mid-credit scene that sets up a Batman 3.

Hopefully, they'll give some of that love to Burtonverse Batcat. I know it sounds crazy but I believe they would work as endgame.

Yeah, I hope not either. You know it actually makes more sense for Keaton's Batman to be like a mentor towards DCEU Barry/Flash than DCEU Batman because they do have a lot in common.

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

Nah, not just the Batverse. If I had done the DCEU my way, the Crisis would have everything from The Dark Knight Returns, to Gotham By Gaslight, to Red Son, to Flashpoint, to... whatever. It would be the grand climax where the heroes would have to confront all the alternate versions of themselves.

I think that Nolan could've quit after The Dark Knight and WB could've incorporated that Batman into the DCEU. But the only way it would work is if you planned it out starting with Batman Begins, and they didn't do that. The mistake was having Batman Begins and Superman Returns as stand alone films and that allowed Marvel to just blow right by them with Iron Man and the MCU. I still think it could've been done, but I'd need a whole lot of space to explain how I'd do it.

Yes, Ryan Reynolds did get Deadpool, but Hal Jordan deserved better and I think the Green Lantern movie could've been done better. I would have cast someone else and I'd have made the film closer to the comics and have it link up with the other Justice League members. Hollywood never does anything right.

Well, yeah, I do agree that the MCU did the right thing from a structural standpoint by having the characters introduced separately and then brought together in the Avengers movie. But again, I'd have still done it differently, with the Avengers saga six volume structure I've already shown you.

dragonfire, Ben Affleck is never fine in anything.

Yes, my Justice League saga would've also been in six volumes, and the first volume would focus on Clark, Bruce, Diana, Arthur, Hal, and Barry. Cyborg and the others wouldn't be introduced until Volume 2, Legion of Doom.

Yeah, my mom took me to see Superman III because I was only 13 at the time.

I did hear about Brainiac being Donner's original idea for Superman III, but I didn't hear anything about Supergirl. Why would Clark be in a love triangle with Brainiac and his own cousin? I don't think Donner would do that.

Yeah, the chemical plant fire was okay, although I think that frozen lake idea was a bit off. It probably would've cracked and fell apart the moment Superman lifted it into the air. Yeah, and that was a bit of obvious foreshadowing with the acid from the chemical plant. And OMG, does Jimmy Olsen ever not get into trouble?

Oh, God... don't remind me of RoboVera! How the hell she even survived that I don't know. But I did like some of the stuff with Lana and Brad, though. That guy was such an ass. Oh, that Leaning Tower of Pisa thing was just stupid. If he did that the thing would've collapsed.

Well, I think Superman IV and Batman & Robin are in a contest to see which one sucks more.

Well, it's never explained what the hell that shark wants revenge for, because by then it's the fourth Great White shark in the series. Although I do think that Jaws: The Revenge does retcon the events of Jaws III(also known as Jaws 3-D) out of existence. But yeah, a Great White Shark kills Mike's brother, and then the shark follows Helen Brody down to the Bahamas where she's on vacation visiting her son, Mike. That's another thing, Great Whites don't go down to the Caribbean. They have Tiger Sharks and Hammerheads down there, but not Great Whites.

What's funny is that in the early 1980s after we first got cable TV, I think I actually watched Jaws III more than any of the others. It was just so campy and cartoonish you were hardly scared by it at all.

Oh, yeah. I saw Robocop, The Untouchables, and Lethal Weapon on VHS in the Spring of 1988, and I liked them so much that I later wished I'd have seen them in the cinema in the summer of 1987, instead of watching crap like Superman IV and Jaws: The Revenge.
Hey Alex.

You would?

Nope after TDK, there had to be a third Batman movie with Nolan&Bale. WB/DC would have made one of the dumbest decisions ever if they had Nolan quit after TDK.

Sometimes they do.

Oh, ok.

He was in Batman vs Superman.

Cool.

I guess she didn't like it?

No, it wasn't Donner it was in the original script that Ilya Salkind wrote, and in it, they weren't related. Here you can read more about it here.

Quote:
What The Original Superman 3 Looked Like (& Why It Didn't ...screenrant.com
https://screenrant.com/superman-3-or...happen-reason/

Ok, but the frozen lake idea was still a cool scene. It was? I don't know but I think there was more Jimmy in III than II, and wasn't he in Supergirl 84 as well?

Hey, from what I heard Robo Vera gave kids nightmares at the time. Ok, but the moving Pisa scene was still a good funny scene.

Definitely Superman IV. B&R was at least entertaining, had a plot, and wasn't boring that it could put you to sleep.

Maybe the shark wanted revenge for the deaths of the previous sharks who could've been the shark's family? I'm surprised they didn't have the shark team up with the Caribbean sharks.

It was?

I see.

Happy 4 of July everyone, and I hope everyone is ok.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Stargirl moving to the CW for season 2... great.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

it's going to have a cliff hanger I bet.... how many epps were ordered for season 1