Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2020, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
MICHELLE WAS CATWOMAN! The greatest Catwoman to exist.
What... ever. If you ever meet her tell her to dye her damn hair black if she plays Catwoman again.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
MICHELLE WAS CATWOMAN! The greatest Catwoman to exist.
Definitely. If Keaton returns then hopefully she'll return as well.

Quote:
► Michael Keaton is in talks to return as Batman. (And by Batman, we also mean Bruce Wayne. Despite pesky rumors from certain corners, there is no Thomas Wayne in the script, sources tell us. Also: Keaton would appear in costume.)
https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/v...v.gah/416289b3
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I am really praying that all of this true! I want to see his version again so badly! and as you mentioned, seeing Michelle with him would be perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
What... ever. If you ever meet her tell her to dye her damn hair black if she plays Catwoman again.

Hair color has nothing to do on how good someone portrayed the role... Michelle owned that role. lol
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
^ I am really praying that all of this true! I want to see his version again so badly! and as you mentioned, seeing Michelle with him would be perfect.
Same. It still feels surreal that it may happen. Actually with the news of the release of Snyder Cut, also the news of Cavill returning as Superman/Clark, and now this it feels like WB/DC is like righting the wrongs of the past.

Even more, if her return is in The Flash movie as well because The Flash movie is set to release in Summer 2022 close to 30 years after Returns, and them returning as Batman&Catwoman would be a big way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Batman Returns.

Also if they do return I'm expecting WB/DC to officially confirm it at their live stream stand-in Comic-Con event.

Oh, here's something cool. The director of The Flash movie directed the reboot of It 1&2 right? Well, it seems in It 1 the movie the kids saw in theaters was Batman 89.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Same. It still feels surreal that it may happen. Actually with the news of the release of Snyder Cut, also the news of Cavill returning as Superman/Clark, and now this it feels like WB/DC is like righting the wrongs of the past.

Even more, if her return is in The Flash movie as well because The Flash movie is set to release in Summer 2022 close to 30 years after Returns, and them returning as Batman&Catwoman would be a big way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Batman Returns.

Also if they do return I'm expecting WB/DC to officially confirm it at their live stream stand-in Comic-Con event.

Oh, here's something cool. The director of The Flash movie directed the reboot of It 1&2 right? Well, it seems in It 1 the movie the kids saw in theaters was Batman 89.

I agree! I am so happy as a DC fan...
I gotta say how much I love Ray Fisher's recent tweets. I'll post it here for you, he decided to take back what he said about how Joss did a great job with the Justice League movie. lol
I think Jason facial expressions says it all. lol Obviously he wasn't agreeing with JW getting praised in that video. lol

He was clearly being professional but Joss completely wrote off Cyborg story and everything.

Don't care who likes/hate Synder, I love how the cast * as well as a lot of fans * are with him. lol And pretty outspoken on it... Ray Fisher and Jason especially. Afflect and Gal talked about it as well! So I like how they all really didn't appreciate what happened to their director and how terrible the JSA film came out which Joss finished. Which is why WB needs a lot of blame... with all the backstage stuff going on, they should've just changed the premiere of the movie to a later date.

I've been waiting for the Flash movie for a long time! So I can't wait.

I hope we do get more news on this Michael Keaton stuff soon though although this Covid 19 has delayed a lot of things.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:

I agree! I am so happy as a DC fan...
I gotta say how much I love Ray Fisher's recent tweets. I'll post it here for you, he decided to take back what he said about how Joss did a great job with the Justice League movie. lol
I think Jason facial expressions says it all. lol Obviously he wasn't agreeing with JW getting praised in that video. lol

He was clearly being professional but Joss completely wrote off Cyborg story and everything.

Don't care who likes/hate Synder, I love how the cast * as well as a lot of fans * are with him. lol And pretty outspoken on it... Ray Fisher and Jason especially. Afflect and Gal talked about it as well! So I like how they all really didn't appreciate what happened to their director and how terrible the JSA film came out which Joss finished. Which is why WB needs a lot of blame... with all the backstage stuff going on, they should've just changed the premiere of the movie to a later date.

I've been waiting for the Flash movie for a long time! So I can't wait.

I hope we do get more news on this Michael Keaton stuff soon though although this Covid 19 has delayed a lot of things.
Me too.

I'm glad he did. I can't blame Momoa there.

Yeah, and a big one Darkseid. Actually, wasn't Cyborg's story in some way connected to Darkseid?

Yeah, what happened to Snyder was a repeat of what happened to Donner except Snyder gets to finish what he started.

Speaking of JW. I'm so glad he's not doing the Batgirl movie like he originally was, and especially because if the rumors are true then Keaton's Batman may possibly be connected to the Batgirl movie.

Same, and you know with the multiverse they can go wild with it in The Flash movie.

Me too, and yes it has.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry, but I still feel that letting Zack Snyder hold the reins of the DCEU was one of the sins of the past. Batman v Superman was beyond horrible, and from what test audiences said, the Snyder Cut was unwatchable. There wasn't much that Joss Whedon could do to save that mess. As someone who had to sit through two hours of excruciating pain watching Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch, I can tell you that I don't think too highly of the man. I also felt that his version of Watchmen was a letdown.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm glad he did. I can't blame Momoa there.

Yeah, and a big one Darkseid. Actually, wasn't Cyborg's story in some way connected to Darkseid?

Yeah, what happened to Snyder was a repeat of what happened to Donner except Snyder gets to finish what he started.

Speaking of JW. I'm so glad he's not doing the Batgirl movie like he originally was, and especially because if the rumors are true then Keaton's Batman may possibly be connected to the Batgirl movie.

Same, and you know with the multiverse they can go wild with it in The Flash movie.

Me too, and yes it has.

I hope everyone is ok.

I sure can't. Joss really just made matters worst!

I am very interesting in the Darksied stuff! I didn't even know of any of that until recently although I know a lot of people knew about it.

Donner getting fired is what ruined the rest of the movies since the actors had an issue with it and the BTS stuff just controlled everything from that point.
Although I prefer "Lester" version over Donner! Umm yeah.

I agree... I wasn't happy when I heard he was doing Batgirl. lol
I don't want to officially slam JW since he created 2 of my favorite all time shows in Buffy and Angel however I'd just rather him stay away from DCEU. lol

It seems the movies will be taking a page from the tv shows with the multiverse. lol

Quote:
Sorry, but I still feel that letting Zack Snyder hold the reins of the DCEU was one of the sins of the past. Batman v Superman was beyond horrible, and from what test audiences said, the Snyder Cut was unwatchable. There wasn't much that Joss Whedon could do to save that mess. As someone who had to sit through two hours of excruciating pain watching Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch, I can tell you that I don't think too highly of the man. I also felt that his version of Watchmen was a letdown.

He say, she say, I want to see for myself and judge it. lol I don't care if it's the worst movie of all time... I want to be able to judge it.
If Synder Cut was unwatchable than what the heck was JW version? His was unwatchable as well. So equa

I am not propping up JW because his movie was a mess, it was not one scene that stood out which means reshoots and edits were disgraceful a on top of that we had to see a terrible CGI of Superman's chin.

Last edited by eternalfate; 06-30-2020 at 03:13 PM
Old 06-30-2020, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:

I sure can't. Joss really just made matters worst!

I am very interesting in the Darksied stuff! I didn't even know of any of that until recently although I know a lot of people knew about it.

Donner getting fired is what ruined the rest of the movies since the actors had an issue with it and the BTS stuff just controlled everything from that point.
Although I prefer "Lester" version over Donner! Umm yeah.lok:

I agree... I wasn't happy when I heard he was doing Batgirl. lol
I don't want to officially slam JW since he created 2 of my favorite all time shows in Buffy and Angel however I'd just rather him stay away from DCEU. lol

It seems the movies will be taking a page from the tv shows with the multiverse. lol
That he did.

Me too, and I wonder if we'll see a Superman vs Darkseid showdown? You know if Clark has to face Darkseid before fully becoming Superman then it kinda reminds me of Smallville.

Yep. Yeah, the Lester version isn't so bad, and between the endings, I prefer the Lester version ending with Superman returning the American flag back to The White House and telling them he's sorry he's been away, he won't let them down again.

Of course, my personal favorite Reeve's Superman movie, or at least one that shows Clark isn't just a disguise is Superman III, and believe it or not as a kid it was my favorite Superman movie.

I wasn't either. DCEU, and MCU as well.

Yep, and there's speculation that the multiverse in the Crisis crossover was a test run to see if fans would react positively to it, and after they did WB/DC now plans on adding it to the movies.

Wait since DCEU Barry appeared in the Crisis crossover wouldn't the multiverse already exist in the DCEU?

Speaking of DCEU multiverse. There's also speculation that the Crisis crossover teased a Burtonverse Batman Beyond movie with the bat signal in Earth 89/Burtonverse resembled the red bat symbol from Beyond.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, as I said, Tia, Joss' version was just a quick touch up. He wasn't given much to work with. In order for Joss to do a good job they'd have had to scrap the entire thing and start all over again from scratch, but they couldn't afford to do that.

How could you prefer Lester over Donner? Donner never got a chance to finish! His completed version would've been better.

Thanks, dragonfire. We're doing okay. And I've already had this discussion with you on the Heroes board.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

I can't entirely blame Joss. He didn't get to rewrite the whole movie, he had to work with what was already there from Synder and make changes in a short amount of a time. No one could've saved that movie. Very few times do rewrites ever work after the movie has already been completed or near completion.

They probably should've just kept Synder's version and let it do well or flop. I personally haven't liked anything he did with the previous movies he had Man of Steel and Batman V. Superman are both unwatchable to me too. So I don't have high hopes for cut being any better than those. I probably won't watch it anyway, so I don't really care either way.

Of course Synder's fans are with him, that's why they are called fans. The actors are with him because they want their movies to be as popular as the Marvel movies so they can start making their kind of money for just as long. If it gets rebooted they lose their jobs.

I do agree that Michelle's Catwoman is the best live action Catwoman we've had. I don't really care about hair color that's not what makes a character a character.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Melissa, I'll disagree with "The actors are with him because they want their movies to be as popular as the Marvel movies so they can start making their kind of money for just as long" since we've seen in a lot of occasions how directors and actors go against each other. Even as I mentioned with Superman II, Donner got cut however the actors had their jobs but Gene and Margot were outspoken with being agianst him being fired and Hackman was not in Superman 3 and of course Margot role was reduced so they introduced Lana Lang character as an attempt for a replacement.

The actors probably could've just been with him since he got screwed and Joss Whedon didn't do anything better for the project which is why I said I blame WB... they should've just pushed back Justice League... plain and simple. They would've made more money that way.

When it comes to the Synder fans, I think more people became fans when they watched that disgraceful Justice Leauge movie in the movie theathers like I did... but I will agree with you on this quote, "They probably should've just kept Synder's version and let it do well or flop." which is my exact point... I would've rathered seen Synder's version and judge for myself instead of an even worst movie that Joss was a part of.

Also, do not forget that it was announced last year that ONLY 10% of the film was Zach's work... TEN PERCENT??? which mean we really didn't see anything at all of Synder's.

People say Synder's was bad but let's not forget wat was said about Joss's version as well.

Quote:
Wagner has long been critical of Whedon’s “Justice League.” In an interview over the summer, Wagner said he cried all the way through watching Whedon’s drastically different version of the film than Snyder’s. The cinematographer said at the time that watching Whedon’s “Justice League” was so hard he couldn’t figure out how much of the original film was changed in reshoots. “A lot was changed,” he said. “It looked very different.” Now Wagner reasons that Whedon and Warner Bros. threw out 90 percent of what he shot with Snyder. Wagner was not involved in any of the “Justice League” reshoots.

Joss is going to get some blame for this film being bad BECAUSE if it was a great film, everyone would've been praising him.

Quote:
Me too, and I wonder if we'll see a Superman vs Darkseid showdown? You know if Clark has to face Darkseid before fully becoming Superman then it kinda reminds me of Smallville.

Yep. Yeah, the Lester version isn't so bad, and between the endings, I prefer the Lester version ending with Superman returning the American flag back to The White House and telling them he's sorry he's been away, he won't let them down again.

Of course, my personal favorite Reeve's Superman movie, or at least one that shows Clark isn't just a disguise is Superman III, and believe it or not as a kid it was my favorite Superman movie.

Yep, and there's speculation that the multiverse in the Crisis crossover was a test run to see if fans would react positively to it, and after they did WB/DC now plans on adding it to the movies.

Wait since DCEU Barry appeared in the Crisis crossover wouldn't the multiverse already exist in the DCEU?

I hope everyone is ok.

I love me some Smallville but they upset me a bit with the Darkseid & Doomsday battle fights although the Darkseid one was 10000x better.

I loved that scene in the bar when he came back to the men who attacked him. And gave the employees the money to fix the damage he did. lol

Did you like Clark/Lana in that movie?
Also that's not hard to believe... as a kid you just see things so much differently and not to judgmental on things. lol I sort of miss that mindset of not looking too much into stuff, just enjoying superheroes or whatever. lol

I wonder if we will get that Crisis Barry & Barry scene in the movie? That would be awesome!
I think the multiverse already exist but when we go back to DCEU version, they will be in the past... if that makes sense. lol

Of course, I hope the same for you.

Quote:
Well, as I said, Tia, Joss' version was just a quick touch up. He wasn't given much to work with. In order for Joss to do a good job they'd have had to scrap the entire thing and start all over again from scratch, but they couldn't afford to do that.

How could you prefer Lester over Donner? Donner never got a chance to finish! His completed version would've been better.

They probably should've scratched the whole thing since only like 10% of Synder's stuff was actually shown. That's why I said WB should've just delayed the premiere date... would've fixed up things. They did that with Wonder Woman 2! They did it like 3 times... of course the recent time was because of Covid.

Just the stuff I watched from Lester was better even when it comes to how Lois found out his secret. All the Niagara Falls Scenes were way better! Just going by comparison of the completed stuff, I preferred Lester's however I loved being able to see both and judge for myself which is my point.

Let's say Zack's version is the worst movie in history, at least let me see and judge for myself.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
I love me some Smallville but they upset me a bit with the Darkseid & Doomsday battle fights although the Darkseid one was 10000x better.

I loved that scene in the bar when he came back to the men who attacked him. And gave the employees the money to fix the damage he did. lol

Did you like Clark/Lana in that movie?
Also that's not hard to believe... as a kid you just see things so much differently and not to judgmental on things. lol I sort of miss that mindset of not looking too much into stuff, just enjoying superheroes or whatever. lol

I wonder if we will get that Crisis Barry & Barry scene in the movie? That would be awesome!
I think the multiverse already exist but when we go back to DCEU version, they will be in the past... if that makes sense. lol

Of course, I hope the same for you.
True. Speaking of Smallville didn't the final season had some of Hartley's Passions co-stars appeared in it? Like wasn't one of Granny Goodness girls played Teresa from Passions, and the one who played Booster Gold played Ethan from Passions?

Me too, and after he paid for the damage he told them he's been working out.

Yeah, I did, and I'm glad it was Lana as the love interest because seems originally Clark's love interest, and he was even gonna marry her was Kara/Supergirl.

True, though there was some stuff I was judgmental about as a kid. Examples Smallville Alica's death, and Heroes Charlie's death.

Good question and I wonder if we'll get a new scene between DC/CW Flash, and DCEU Flash?

I think it does. If Keaton returns then I'm looking forward to seeing him with DCEU Flash, and maybe DCEU Cyborg if Cyborg is in it. Actually what they want to do with Keaton's Batman sounds like what they wanted to do with Affleck's Batman.

Boy wouldn't that be an ironic twist if Affleck's replacement is Keaton.

Thanks, and I hope everyone is ok.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll reply to all of that later, but did you see what Ray Fisher just tweeted out about Joss? Wow. lol

I can't say any of this is surprising seeing as how I'll never get over how terrible he treated Charisma Carpenter over getting pregnant. As I mentioned... the DCEU cast is with Zack because he's their guy... and I believe Joss just ruined things more which is why WB should've delayed the movie and if they were going to fire Zack, probably give it to someone else not named Joss? lol

Thank you Ray Fisher for saying what I already knew.

I kind of feel like because of the great job he did with female characters on Buffy that people turns a blind eye to anything Joss does... I mean his OWN WIFE! His wife came out against her and it wasn't even headline news years ago...

Old 07-01-2020, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

I don't doubt Joss is an a-hole. Im not defending his behavior. However that has no bearing on whether or not he could've saved that movie. Even if they got the nicest director on the world. The movie was a rushed mess from the get go. DC had no plan other than trying to compete with the MCU. And that mistake cost them.

They should've slowed down and made standalone movies for their heroes instead of rushing into a team up. Synder also shouldn't made both Superman and Batman gloomy rage machines. Yes, Batman had a lot of anger, but I like when its more subtle. That's why I liked Keaton's Batman and David Mazouz's Bruce.

I even heard that Synder wanted to make Superman like he was roided out. The studio made him tone that down. I felt like Man of Steel's Superman was like super powered Batman, not Superman.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 07-01-2020 at 11:26 AM
Coconut1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top