Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2020, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Wait, he's staying in a camper? What for? Is he socially isolating?

Well, I'd say that all sounds very reasonable, dragonfire.

This is also giving me 80s nostalgia vibes. I remember going to the midnight showing of Batman in June of 1989. Man, it was a warm night, and I drove to and from the movie theater in my Chevrolet Blazer. I ended up going home after 2am.
He was back in June 22 with his dog. I think he was, probably because of the virus, and also maybe because he wanted to make sure the talks with WB stayed between them.

Yep.

You did?

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
MovieWeb
Ezra Miller's The Flash Script Was More Like Back to the Future Than a Superhero Movie
Quote:
"It was pretty good. I mean, I don't know what they're doing with it. But it was pretty good. And it was a very different kind of superhero thing. It was more like Back to The Future, I would say, than a superhero movie."

"It wasn't [darker] really. I mean, elements of darkness were there and the material that they wanted us to use [was] the Flashpoint stuff. So, Ezra and I were actually trying to do something that was a bit more -like I say, it's kind of like just a great science-fiction story. And if you don't know [the comics], it would have made sense. But I have to say, I mean, I don't want to talk about that, because somebody else has done their own work on it and I'm sure it will be great. And maybe, as I say this will leak out one day and people can judge."
https://movieweb.com/flash-movie-scr...e-ezra-miller/
Old 08-12-2020, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
A JSA TV show could be possible if they didn't have any present-day continuity to compare it to, but the problem is that they do.

Well, let's not forget what happened with Heroes refused to kill off Sylar, Tia. Although I do agree with you somewhat.

After watching Stargirl I think I'd rather a ISA show since I am preferring the villains in this generation. lol

Agree with me on Sylar being more likable during the re-watch even though he's completely evil?
Old 08-13-2020, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

I hope everyone is ok.
Quote:
CBR
DC FanDome: Jim Lee Reveals How He Came Up With the Event's Design
https://www.cbr.com/dc-fandome-jim-lee-event-design/

Quote:
Screen Rant
DC FanDome First Look To Air On The CW Next Week | Screen Rant
https://screenrant.com/dc-fandome-ev...ok-sneak-peek/

Quote:
Comicbook.com
The Batman Co-Writer Says Movie Explores Bruce Wayne's Trauma in a Surprising Way
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...-wayne-trauma/
Old 08-13-2020, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for always giving us the updated new news.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

No problem.

Quote:
Comicbook.com
New Batman Arkham Game Developer Updates Website Ahead of Rumored Reveal
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/ba...al-dc-fandome/

Quote:
CBR
Detective Comics #1027: DC Reveals New Covers By Jim Lee, Adam Hughes & More
https://www.cbr.com/detective-comics...m-hughes-more/
Old 08-13-2020, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Batman looking great on the cover as usual.
DragonFire who's your favorite villain in the comics? Is it Joker??
Old 08-13-2020, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
After watching Stargirl I think I'd rather a ISA show since I am preferring the villains in this generation. lol

Agree with me on Sylar being more likable during the re-watch even though he's completely evil?
Yeah, I heard. Is it true that Eclipso is in Stargirl now? He's supposed to be a present day villain.

Zach Quinto is likable, Sylar is not.

Thanks for those gifs! I remember that charity race between Superman and The Flash. Was Barry hitting on Lois? And was that a Justice League episode?

Yep, Jim Lee does great drawings of superheroes, especially Batman. His drawings of female superheroes and villains are just mouth-watering. Did you see how he drew Lois Lane, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy in Hush?

Hey, dragonfire!

Well if Keaton is in a camper with his dog he should be doing YouTube vids with his dog. I know some guy in the UK with a dog named Sherpa who does that as they travel together.

Well, I hope the stuff happening with WB doesn't have a bad effect on Keaton returning.

Yes, I did. It was the summer of 1989 and I was working at Sesame Place and I had off the following day, so I could sleep in afterwards. I do remember how humid it was on the drive back home. And some guy in the front row of the theater was dressed up like the Joker.

I'm okay, thanks. And thanks for the info and the links.

Back to the Future? I don't know if that would fit with The Flash. I know that 80s nostalgia is all the rage today, and believe me, I'm all for it, but context matters too. You don't wanna make Barry Allen like Marty McFly.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hey, dragonfire!

Well if Keaton is in a camper with his dog he should be doing YouTube vids with his dog. I know some guy in the UK with a dog named Sherpa who does that as they travel together.

Well, I hope the stuff happening with WB doesn't have a bad effect on Keaton returning.

Yes, I did. It was the summer of 1989 and I was working at Sesame Place and I had off the following day, so I could sleep in afterwards. I do remember how humid it was on the drive back home. And some guy in the front row of the theater was dressed up like the Joker.

I'm okay, thanks. And thanks for the info and the links.

Back to the Future? I don't know if that would fit with The Flash. I know that 80s nostalgia is all the rage today, and believe me, I'm all for it, but context matters too. You don't wanna make Barry Allen like Marty McFly.
Hey Alex.

Well, instead of Youtube videos, he did Instagram videos with his dog. Also I don't know for sure if he's still staying there, I just mentioned it because he posted it the same day the Keaton Batman news was released. Really? Cool.

Me too, and same goes for all of DC.

Cool. Also who was your boss Big Bird? Cookie Monster? Oscar?

Good. No problem.

Yeah, seems that's what Grant Morrison said about his and Erza Miller's Flash movie script that WB rejected.

See at some point Morrison and Miller did a script for The Flash movie but WB rejected it, went with the HQ BOP writer Flash movie script, and later on the director of the remake IT 1&2 was made Flash movie director.

Now what I find most interesting about the interview is that WB wanted Morrison and Miller to use Flashpoint material, and it makes me wonder if maybe after remake IT 1&2 director was made director Flashpoint material in the movie was changed.

Which I like to see if the director is doing the movie because he's a Flash fan, like the Flash characters, world, or if he's doing the movie because he gets to use Keaton's Batman/Bruce. Same for WB are they making a movie about Flash, or are they making a movie called Flash that is use for Keaton's Batman/Bruce return, Batgirl movie, the future of DCEU etc, etc.

Sorry to sound like a worrywart it's just Flash could easily get his own movie stolen right from under him.

Tia yes it's The Joker.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^I hope Keaton is returning because you are so hyped for it. lol

Quote:
Yeah, I heard. Is it true that Eclipso is in Stargirl now? He's supposed to be a present day villain.

Zach Quinto is likable, Sylar is not.

Thanks for those gifs! I remember that charity race between Superman and The Flash. Was Barry hitting on Lois? And was that a Justice League episode?

Eclipso should be on next season because of how the cliffhanger ended but I sort of wish this show was called, "Justice Society" Or Justice vs Injustice" lol
Only because we always know how each fight will end which takes away the joy from me a bit. lol

Sylar is a pretty great character though. Shouldn't be redeemed which is why I'll say good at being evil. The issue with the show was all the time they were trying to redeem him....

Yes, it was, and it was in a Anmited of Superman episode and yes Barry was hitting on Lois.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^I hope Keaton is returning because you are so hyped for it. lol
Thanks. Oh, here's the DC Fandome schedule list, and here's what it says about The Flash movie panel. I think that's enough time to confirm Keaton's return as Batman/Bruce and have him say his iconic line I'm Batman with Batman 89 theme playing.

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
DC FanDome Unveils Schedule, Sets Panels For ‘Wonder Woman 1984’, ‘The Suicide Squad’, ‘The Batman’, ‘Black Adam’, ‘Lucifer’, ‘The Flash’, And More
Quote:
Introducing Flash
11:45AM (Encores at 7:45PM, 3:45AM)
Hall of Heroes
This 101-style conversation with The Flash filmmakers Andy Muschietti and Barbara Muschietti, star Ezra Miller and screenwriter Christina Hodson will give fans a speedy rundown on the first-ever Flash feature film. (10 min)
https://deadline.com/2020/08/dc-fand...er-1203013160/

Quote:
DC FanDome Schedule, Panels, How to Watch, and More
https://www.ign.com/articles/dc-fand...tch-start-time

Quote:
Comicbook.com
Jim Lee Reveals the Future of DC Universe
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...f-dc-universe/
Old 08-14-2020, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Tia!

Well, it's nice to see that Eclipso is being prominently featured, although I wish he were a present-day villain because he'd be a great adversary for Barry or Kara. And I agree, I think a Justice Society TV show would've been preferable, but they chose to go the feminist route. I'm telling you, Tia, this PC stuff is informing all of their decisions lately, and it's compromising them artistically and intellectually.

Knowing how each fight will end shows extreme laziness on the part of the writers. And they were trying to redeem Sylar because Kring couldn't figure out how to keep him on the show otherwise. It's the same thing that Dark Shadows did with Barnabas Collins, which was infuriating.

Oh, so Clark and Barry's race was an Adventures of Superman episode? I didn't watch much of that show so I wasn't aware that they'd already introduced the other Justice League members by then. I'm guessing Barry didn't know who Clark was by then.

Hi, dragonfire! Yep, I'm okay, and I'm glad you are too. for the umpteenth time.

Thanks for all the Fandome stuff. Wow, that's a lot. Are they even going to Comic Con anymore?

Instagram? Nice to see that Keaton is keeping busy. And the same day as the Batman news was released? Coincidence?

I can only hope that the pandemic doesn't ruin the DC universe.

No, Big Bird wasn't my boss. Although it felt like it since pictures of all the Sesame Street characters were all over the place. Sesame Place is a Sesame Street theme part in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, several miles north of where I grew up. It's right across from the Oxford Valley Mall. I worked there in the Food Factory(the restaurant) during the summers of 1988 and 1989. It was my first summer job.

Grant Morrison? Oh man. I loved his work on Batman but hated his work on X-Men.

Wow, that's all very interesting. I didn't know the IT director was involved. But I question whether or not a Flash movie will even inspire interest at this point since so many people have already seen so many Flash storylines told on the CW show? Sorry for making you even more of a worrywart.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire! Yep, I'm okay, and I'm glad you are too. for the umpteenth time.

Thanks for all the Fandome stuff. Wow, that's a lot. Are they even going to Comic Con anymore?

Instagram? Nice to see that Keaton is keeping busy. And the same day as the Batman news was released? Coincidence?

I can only hope that the pandemic doesn't ruin the DC universe.

No, Big Bird wasn't my boss. Although it felt like it since pictures of all the Sesame Street characters were all over the place. Sesame Place is a Sesame Street theme part in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, several miles north of where I grew up. It's right across from the Oxford Valley Mall. I worked there in the Food Factory(the restaurant) during the summers of 1988 and 1989. It was my first summer job.

Grant Morrison? Oh man. I loved his work on Batman but hated his work on X-Men.

Wow, that's all very interesting. I didn't know the IT director was involved. But I question whether or not a Flash movie will even inspire interest at this point since so many people have already seen so many Flash storylines told on the CW show? Sorry for making you even more of a worrywart.
Hey Alex. Good, and thanks.

No problem. Yep. I don't know.

Yep. Hopefully not a coincidence. Oh, seems now instead of the camper he may be back at his house or something because he posted today a video of a fireplace, table with flowers, candles, and commented about Aliens, and he would leave with them if they said they play Earth Wind and Fire all the time.

Now if you ask me I think the fireplace, table with flowers, and candles screamed Wayne Manor theme so to speak. Let's see we got moon images, dark alleys image, and now fireplace, table with flowers, and candles video.

I don't know I just feel like that maybe it's all connected.

Same. Really? Cool. I know. Yes, The Flash movie director Andy Muschietti directed the remake of It 1&2. Well, let's hope they get interest in it, and I think having Keaton's Batman/Bruce return in it will hopefully help them get really interest in it. It's ok.

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
Hollywood Reporter
DC's Jim Lee on the Company's Future: "We Are Still in the Business of Publishing Comics"
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...comics-1307413

Last edited by dragonfire; 08-14-2020 at 08:35 PM
Old 08-15-2020, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire! I'm good, thanks. Glad you are too.

Thanks for the link. I'm glad that Jim Lee has confirmed that DC is still publishing comics.

Where is Keaton's house? I visited my uncle years ago in Montana and he said that Keaton had a place up there. And did he comment about real aliens or the movie, Aliens? Oh, he's be abducted if they played Earth, Wind, and Fire?

Ah, yes... very clever Wayne Manor subliminal signals there by Keaton.

Yeah, Sesame Place was actually a pretty fun summer job.

Well, I did like the first IT movie, but I didn't see the second one. I heard it wasn't as good. Yeah, but just because Keaton might get people interested doesn't mean that they'll go for Ezra Miller.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire! I'm good, thanks. Glad you are too.

Thanks for the link. I'm glad that Jim Lee has confirmed that DC is still publishing comics.

Where is Keaton's house? I visited my uncle years ago in Montana and he said that Keaton had a place up there. And did he comment about real aliens or the movie, Aliens? Oh, he's be abducted if they played Earth, Wind, and Fire?

Ah, yes... very clever Wayne Manor subliminal signals there by Keaton.

Yeah, Sesame Place was actually a pretty fun summer job.

Well, I did like the first IT movie, but I didn't see the second one. I heard it wasn't as good. Yeah, but just because Keaton might get people interested doesn't mean that they'll go for Ezra Miller.
Hey Alex. Good. Thanks.

No problem. Me too.

I don't know. Cool. Real aliens. He said he's pretty sure he's jumping on their ship if they say they play it all the time. I guess he had Earth Wind and Fire music playing in the video he posted.

Yep.

Cool.

I see. True but I think they would want to see it to see Keaton's return as Batman/Bruce, and if it's true about him appearing in mutli DC movies as a mentor, teacher, coach, etc, etc then I can definitely see them wanting to help the movie be a successful hit at the box office so they can see more of Keaton's Batman/Bruce, also the hopeful return of Pfeiffer's Catwoman/Selina, possible Batgirl movie, and maybe even a Beyond movie.

Plus can't forget the biggest thing if they use it the multiverse. I don't know I just see more reasons for people to want to see it than not to see it.

Next Saturday is DC Fandome. I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
CBR
DC FanDome TV Spot Promises Big Stars and Even Bigger Announcements
https://www.cbr.com/dc-fandome-tv-sp...announcements/

Quote:
Comicbook.com
The Suicide Squad Releases Preview of DC FanDome Panel, James Gunn Teases Big Reveal
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...nel-james-gun/

Quote:
Screen Rant
Arrowverse Panels At DC FanDome: Time & How To Watch
https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-dc...el-time-watch/

Quote:
Comicbook.com
Justice League: Zack Snyder Celebrates Ben Affleck's Birthday With New Photo of Batman in the Snyder Cut
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ju...der-cut-photo/
Old 08-18-2020, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire! I'm good, thanks. I'm glad you are too.

Real aliens? Too bad Keaton never got to play one. And Earth Wind and Fire were pretty big back in the 70s when Keaton was just in his early 20s.

I know, but how long can they have Keaton's Bruce be a mentor in all these movies? I get what you mean, but I don't see how that can last that long, narratively. He'd probably only be contracted to do a certain number of films. OMG, you really want Pfeiffer back, don't you?

Again, if it's not Barbara Gordon then it's not Batgirl. And I hated Batman Beyond.

Oh man, a multiverse is a difficult thing to pull off cinematically. The comics can do it, and I guess TV can do it, but it might be totally confusing for a movie audience who won't want to have to follow all that. But let's see what happens. I hope for you that they get to do all that because I know you're looking forward to it.

Thanks for the links!