Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2017, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Dave's Retirement Celebration [01] Because come September, things will get a little strange.

Dave will be retirement at the end of this month. September 1st will likely be his last day on Fanforum, and if anyone deserves to go out on top, it's Make Them Laugh.

Why this thread for Dave Here? He is the one who saved the board when it was at it's lowest, and with me brought it up to new heights. He has helped so many boards over the years when it was suffering to attract fans and posts, and even tried to direct fans to those boards the best as he can.

A Reward: Dave once gave me a $5 dollar award as a gift and I never spent in because I wanted to do something that Dave ALWAYS does, and that's giveback. Also, I will select from 3 comic books I have, and send it to Dave if he wants!
Fanforum will not be the same without Dave, and neither will this board.
Farewell, Not Goodbye.
Enjoy your retirement, and have a great health! (and one day get out of retirement and return home)

A Song for Dave,

Been on rocking the message boards for over a decade,
swooped in and saved a legend board struggling to make it.
Came in like a speedster, hitting boards up from left of right.
Modded 2 boards from Twilight to LoT!
He is a person who actually loves Reverse Flash even if Flash is his favorite
Proving how he can see both sides of a story and NOT be bias over favorites.
Announced his retirement a months in advanced,
Lived up to his name as the loyal dedicated one
There's some things about Dave people might not know,
Too bad you missed out, he's one of the greatest to consider a friend!

One of Dave's Best Fanforum Inventions = Fantasy Drafting!
Heroes / Star Trek / Legends of Tomorrow

Expected Retirement: September 1st
How to Keep In Contact? PM Dave! He will try to check them every few months because he loves everyone here!

fanlist;
eternalfate
2. Si Crazy
3. green eyes sparkle
4. quin611

Ask to be Added!

Last edited by eternalfate; 08-20-2017 at 09:57 AM
Old 08-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Ohh add me to the list please!!! Thanks for opening this thread, Tia! It's perfect

I've met Dave in 2014 while participating in a Posting Challenge, and that was quite the year for us, if I'm not mistaken we've participated in 4 PC together and we won them all Those were great times
Unfortunately we ended up losing touch since we posted in different boards, but I'm so happy that a few months ago he stopped by at Fan Art and we got to reconnect.
What can I say about Dave? He's an amazing guy, very helpful friend, amazing memory, super creative (specially with the songs ) and awesome to talk to. I'm really going to miss talking daily with him But I understand needing to take some time off
I already told him that he can expect PMs from me, he's not getting rid of me that easily And I hope he knows that if he ever needs to talk, I'll be around
Old 08-14-2017, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Adding you now, Si.

All good for opening it up this thread, surprise I didn't think of it right away but better late than never.

You met Dave way before me. I think I knew him in passing, pretty much how I knew you in passing before you started OT posting on this board, Si.

I really became close to Dave when he started posting here, and he only posted on the OT thread. So, he's the reason for me posting on OT threads because of him. lol I just went there to chat with him to keep him company and than eventually I started posting there daily. lol
Eventually Dave started posting on ALL the threads here, I was happy but surprised! And his one worded responses because full discussions and that made me happy again because I love discussions.

I know, I still can't believe that Dave is leaving us here. But as you, I will try to send him a pm every once in awhile.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Dave you can't leave. I know we haven't chatted in a while but mainky because I had a crazy few months with the move. Plus I got behind on Legends so I wasn't here to chat with you. You best still drop by places every now and than. We can't lose you forever. The Blue Arrow won't survive.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Crystal...hope things are well

SI...we had so much fun in posting challenges

Tia I'm so surprised...this is very nice of you. hey, do you have FlashPoint comics on Didgital comic by any chance?

If anyone else wants to learn how to earn free Bing Search rewards credit towards Amazon and lives in the USA...let me know via PM ...I've posted it here in there in some places...
Old 08-15-2017, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely add me!

I've not known Dave as long. Pretty much just since the start of the year but agree that he's a awesome stand up guy and a pleasure to known on . Posting with him has been so much fun. I know I'll miss him a whole lot. Dave will be very missed on LoT and as a whole.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

awww...thanks Kate Tia and I enjoy posting with you here
Old 08-15-2017, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh Dave one of my bestest friends who truly is an assister in all senses of the word

You helped me keep Battlestar Galactica alive as along as it lived. You also very very much helped me wth X-Men to keep it alive until the boys [Alex|Sum] came along, very grateful you helped me over the course of probably a year while was solo for both boards

Gonna miss your friendship|worries about me even if I'm good-ish most of all or one of the most of alls Dave's mod-fanfiction
Old 08-15-2017, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

awww Sara.... gonna miss you too...sorry it's been a rough year for you

Oh...here's a Mod fiction idea I wrote for Captain Chris's Survivor at Star Trek

what happened to his face? he broke rules and Chris's evil Twin from earth-2 punched him....and then Chris said... " no punching Kirk even if he has a torn shirt..." so she made her evil twin a mindless servant to do her bidding including duties when all Chris wants to do during a day is relax and put her feet up....
Old 08-15-2017, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

THIS is what I'll miss the mod-fic's
Old 08-15-2017, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

pre-congrats on 500K Sarah..you'll get there in no time at all
Old 08-15-2017, 10:31 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Dave - you will be missed. I've talked to you daily for years now and things won't seem the same without you around. You've been a terrific poster, moderator and cheerleader for . You've come up with some interesting games, like the fantasy draft, which was fun and different. I'll miss your cheerful personality.

Enjoy your retirement, and if you get bored, you know where we are.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll miss you too Chris... I met you in the Info Center, but started talking to you in the Star Trek board the same year...April 2012
Old 08-15-2017, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)

Tia I'm so surprised...this is very nice of you. hey, do you have FlashPoint comics on Didgital comic by any chance?
Dave you deserve this!
I will see, if so, I will send it. Don't think I do though.

I'll send some stuff over tonight when I have time.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

oh ok...maybe is a graphic novel in audio form somewhere