Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2020, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

From the above interview it also looks like the co-captaining continues throughout the season. So Sara's giving the last thing she has left being the Captain of the Legends to share it with Ava. We get to see that Ava as hobbies outside like her podcast but Sara can't have anything without Ava being involved somehow.*

They said they are getting rid of Ray and Nora Nora because they have no more stories for them. When it looks like they have no more stories for Sara either yet she has to stick around to serve Ava.

I think Ava and Nate get a lot more focus than Constantine, his storyline seem like they are there to move the plot. He really doesn't get that much character focus. We don't get episodes devoted to how Constantine thinks and feels. Although Nate was sidelined this past episode. Let's see if Ava ever gets sidelined after the more Sara less episodes.

Quote:
I feel like they deliberately make Sara weaker, or less impressive so they can show how Ava is her equal on all levels.
This makes me miss Snart so much, they had different skill sets but never made one weaker to make the other look better. Leonard respected Sara's skills and they listened to each other. They were equals without having to be the same.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 02-13-2020 at 05:00 PM
Coconut1214 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:21 AM
Extreme Fan

I think the Astra and Desmond storylines gave Constantine a fair bit of focus. There was also that scene where he talked to Zari about his parents. Synopsis for upcoming episodes seem to indicate more storylines for him, and potentally Charlie. While Sara gets another relationship drama with Ava.
lancer6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

One of the writers said that Sara's grown a lot so it's more dramatically satisfying for the writers to challenge that growth through her relationship with her partner.

So basically they only think Sara should only be about her partner now. She doesn't need her own personal storylines anymore. Yet said partner gets plenty of personal story.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:40 PM
Extreme Fan

IMO, that's just their excuse to write more for said partner.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It certainly is
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Melissa I agree with everything on your post #181...
Especially the co-captains thing... if they were going to do that, they should've just stuck with the TB... Ava was great being in charge of that group.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She sure was
Old 02-16-2020, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope Sara fans get to be happy this season...
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too
Old 02-16-2020, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

I doubt it with the writers saying they think Sara's grown enough and no longer wanting to write personal stories for her anymore. Sara only matters in how she can serve Ava's storylines.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's certainly pretty unlikely to happen sadly
Old 02-19-2020, 08:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Loom of fate. Paragon of destiny. Could there be a link between the 2? Probably not.

So even Sara's only scene is about Ava, while Ava gets a female friendship, something Caity has been asking for since S2 but has never happened. Crazy idea, what if Ava and Zari become a couple (they even already have a ship name) and Sara is free of the relationship?
Old 02-19-2020, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)
Loom of fate. Paragon of destiny. Could there be a link between the 2? Probably not.

So even Sara's only scene is about Ava, while Ava gets a female friendship, something Caity has been asking for since S2 but has never happened. Crazy idea, what if Ava and Zari become a couple (they even already have a ship name) and Sara is free of the relationship?
Is it Zava?

is Sara going to be back next episode? I only watched Episode on Replay b/c my local CW was having audio problems...so I put on a movie for 1 1/2 hour... and I didn't see the trailer for next week
Old 02-20-2020, 09:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Is it Zava?

is Sara going to be back next episode? I only watched Episode on Replay b/c my local CW was having audio problems...so I put on a movie for 1 1/2 hour... and I didn't see the trailer for next week
Yes, it's Zava.

It'll probably be the same next episode, Sara maybe showing up at the very end of the episode, since Caity directed it. It seems to be Constantine/Olivia/Charlie heavy as well.

Another interview from the cast and showrunners from that press day they did recently. The full interview is here. An excerpt about Quentin.

Quote:
Do you have any plans for having guests from the other Arrow-verse shows to cross-over on Legends?

SHIMIZU: We’re interested, in that having character’s from people’s pasts come in can shake up the dynamic and challenge them, but we also don’t wanna rely on it. Our characters have become who they are because of what happened in the other world, or at least for the characters who were in “Crisis,” like Sara Lance. For instance, to bring her dad into the story, in a way, would be a step back for her because she had to deal with the loss of her father and grew because of that. We don’t wanna muddy the story too much. I love Paul Blackthorne. I worked with him a lot, when I was on Arrow. I adore the guy. If there was the right time and the right story to tell with him, sure, we would love to have him on the show. But our characters are so about moving forward, and taking all of the terrible things that have happened in their life, making it a strength, and then facing the challenge that’s ahead, that looking backwards doesn’t do them a lot of service.
Well, that's disappointing. We never got to see Sara deal with her dad's death, everything happened off-screen and it was never even mentioned on Legends. Only if you watch Arrow would you see Sara acknowledge his death.

And I guess that also means there's no chance we would ever see anything from Sara's past then, not that I was expecting any. And since it seems the only thing they can see in Sara's future is Ava, that's all we're going to get.

Except for Constantine, because they're exploring his history in a huge way. They're not willing to go to the darkness and backstory for Sara, but would gladly do that with Constantine.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

so far none of these historical villains are exciting to me

I need to think back and make a list of what historical figures were my favorites with Sara...

General Grant/ Sara
Guinevere/ Sara
Jonah Hex / Sara