Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2020, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

Since to me it seems that Caity is over Avalance being her only storyline. She doesn't post much about those episodes. From now on I can go by if she posts about the ep it means she likes the storyline Sara gets. Excluding her directing episode since she'll probably post a lot from that.

She posted a lot from this episode and it looked like she had fun with the accent. I'll see what happens next week.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin0611 (View Post)
Wow that sucks she won;t be in those episodes.
It sure does
Old 02-08-2020, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
I want Sara to be with someone that accepts her for who she is and who she was.
Bingo.
Old 02-08-2020, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here
Old 02-11-2020, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I want Sara to be with someone that accepts her for who she is and who she was.
me too, but the series could be cancelled by the time that happens... I'm not sure I want Caity going to the Canaries new CW show or not. Mick and Ray could go to the Flash show easily. Nate could go wherever Zari or whoever is [timezone wise]
Old 02-12-2020, 08:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Again, not much to say about the episode since Sara basically just walked around dark hallways with Ava. I did like how she's apparently great at catching people sneaking off the ship, and she pretended to be Lisa at the prom, which is the name of the fake character Caity auditioned for.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)
Again, not much to say about the episode since Sara basically just walked around dark hallways with Ava. I did like how she's apparently great at catching people sneaking off the ship, and she pretended to be Lisa at the prom, which is the name of the fake character Caity auditioned for.
wow...thanks for that info lancer... what fake character name would you use other than Lancer ?
Old 02-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
wow...thanks for that info lancer... what fake character name would you use other than Lancer ?
I don't know, I've used Lancer for so long...

Anyway, Caity and some of the cast/showrunners did interviews this week. Here's Caity's video. More clips are available from the uploader's YT channel.

There's more to the interview, including this part from Den of Geek.

Quote:
While Lotz loves the pair together, she's got slightly conflicted feelings about the pairing in regards to how much it defines Sara's life and what it can be outside of the loved up couple. "It's complicated because sometimes I'm like, 'Can we have a storyline that isn't about her relationship?' That's the only downside. I love the AvaLance and their relationship, it's awesome. But then sometimes when you're like, 'Wait, Sara also still just has issues and things to deal with other than their partner.' Which I'm hoping we get to do some more of that exploration."
Old 02-12-2020, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad CL feels the sort of the same way I do. Or maybe the main reason I don't like Avalance is that Sara's disappeared into that relationship. Sara's issues are never truly dealt with or focused on, everything always turns into Ava's issues, wants and needs. Sara just seems like she's just there as window dressing for Ava.*
Old 02-12-2020, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

yeah, too much Ava, too little Sara
Old 02-12-2020, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

did LoT get renewed for 2021? if not... do you see Sara going to Canaries OR any other show OR get out of CW shows all together???
Old 02-12-2020, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

LoT was renewed for Season 6. All the remaining CW shows were renewed.

The Canary show hasn't been picked up yet.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

great news about CW DC shows then....
Old 02-12-2020, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

You can tell how unimportant Sara is as an individual when they have her use her assassin skills for sexy times with a Ava but not use her skills to catch a killer. Because we can't have Sara do anything useful without Ava. Her only purpose is to serve Ava's storylines now.

Hearing Caity wants more is sad, because we know only Ava and Nate matter to these writers.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
You can tell how unimportant Sara is as an individual when they have her use her assassin skills for sexy times with a Ava but not use her skills to catch a killer. Because we can't have Sara do anything useful without Ava. Her only purpose is to serve Ava's storylines now.
That's why I dislike Avalance. I feel like they deliberately make Sara weaker, or less impressive so they can show how Ava is her equal on all levels. It started with their first fight in S3, and since then, Ava has to match Sara's every move in fights they're in together. And that's a lot of fights since they usually have Sara and Ava on missions together. The fights just feel underwhelming to me because it's usually like "here's Sara kicking the guy", "here's Ava kicking the guy", "here's Sara punching the guy", "here's Ava punching the guy". I just want to see Sara being her powerful-fighter-S2-self again.

Quote:
Hearing Caity wants more is sad, because we know only Ava and Nate matter to these writers.
And Constantine. And Zari. And Mona/Gary last season. The writers are more interested in characters they created, or in the case of Constantine, someone new, than they are characters created by other Arrowverse writers. That's why they're letting Ray go because they can no longer think of anything to write for him. And Mick and Sara barely get anything interesting.

Only exception is Charlie. I don't know why they brought back Maisie if they're just going to sweep her character to the side, though maybe she'll actually get something to do with the villain later.