Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2019, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^ It is pretty sad that we can only look forward to crossover or Arrow appearances for good Sara content...
It really is
Old 10-11-2019, 04:48 AM
Extreme Fan

The good old days of Season 2...
Old 10-11-2019, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep
Old 10-11-2019, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)
The good old days of Season 2...
With how bad these seasons has been it seems like it was a very long time ago.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sure does
Old 10-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

With how bad these seasons has been it seems like it was a very long time ago.
Besides that, I think it also felt like a long time ago because the seasons are shorter and so the hiatuses are longer. Though that no longer bothers me now.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's true
Old 10-13-2019, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

New thread time. Any title ideas?
Old 10-13-2019, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not sure at the moment
Old 10-14-2019, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

I guess I'll be the lone person that liked Sara in season 3. It is an ensemble show and I felt she got about as much focus as everyone else that season. Season 4 was where she had no focus at all. While Sara is the Captain, CL has never been first billed, she was fourth for awhile and just got moved up to second billed in Season 4. She might get first once Brandon's name is removed later in season 5. But that means she was never the lead of the show in that sense. CL probably should fought for it though since she was the "lead" in the promos.

I stopped watching and caring about Arrow after Season 2 so whatever happened on there doesn't really matter much to me. Should Sara have gotten to mourn her dad, probably but I didn't really care that much since from what I read about Quentin he acted liked his daughters were replaceable with others that looked like them. So he lost a lot of points in my book for that.

In season 3 Sara had some good fight scenes, I got see evil Sara with super powers, we got to see Sara and alt Leonard be friends, Sara had a great scene telling Nora off and being able to fight off the effects of a demon, just like she was able to outsmart Reverse Flash., and I loved Sara giving her team lame send off speeches and how they actually waited for her to say them. That's when they still acted like a team and did things together. So I enjoyed it. Season 2 is still my favorite season, but season 3 is right after it. I liked it better than Season 1. Besides Sara and Leonard that season was a mess.

Season 4 was where they lost focus and went more into the wacky rather then telling a story and focused on their new characters over the originals. I love wacky storylines but you have to add in some seriousness to balance it off. Doom Patrol was really wacky but they managed to treat their characters serious storylines with respect at the same time. That's a show that had a donkey's fart destroy a town and killer butts. Yet they dealt with mental illness, loss and depression as well.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 10-14-2019 at 06:01 PM
Old 10-14-2019, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No, I liked Sara in season three, Melissa. I never said I disliked her. I just felt that her relationship with Ava was just sorta there, you know? It was tossing a bone to the PC crowd but not much thought put into it. But Sara has always been a strong character in my opinion.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

I didn't mind Ava as much in S3 when she was Sara's love interest, it was in S4 that Sara became Ava's love interest and barley spent anytime with her team.

Ava is probably the first love interest of Sara's that I haven't liked. I liked Nyssa (not the story behind their meeting) but they had great chemistry, I liked Sara/Oliver and Sara/Leonard and I liked Sara and Guinevere and the nurse she met in the 50's.

With Ava I think it was because the way they introduced her. She constantly belittled Sara and her team and thought they were all idiots. Then had an abrupt personality change in the middle of season. That didn't work for me at all. If they had went with the earlier Ava was the 11th clone and she died and Rip got number 12 and that's the one that fell in love with Sara I would've believed it more. But they never said that so I'm supposed to go with that's the same Ava that had a personality transplant from one episode the next.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked Sara in S3 too
Old 10-15-2019, 07:35 AM
Extreme Fan

I think my problem with S3 was that I could clearly feel how Sara was getting less and less focus. There were some good moments, don't get me wrong, like the episode when Jax left the ship and we could see how strong their bond was. But it was also the season where Sara got some focus in only 2 episodes out of however many episodes there were in the season, where Sara who was supposedly one of the best hand-to-hand combat fighters tied with Ava, where Sara was out of commission for an episode for no good reason (it was not because she was filming the crossover because she wasn't even in Vancouver then), and when most of her stories in the back half had to do with her relationship (to me, the whole getting possessed by Mallus thing was so Ava could bring her back and start the whole breakup storyline). Anything interesting Sara did do, like her encounters with Nora in Mallus' realm, got no follow-up at all. S3 was like the preview of everything I disliked about S4. It certainly doesn't help that S2 was so much better for me.

While I think S4 was much worse, I see S3 as the beginning of the end. So I would actually rank S1 over S3. Other than the hawk people and Rip's annoying lectures, I enjoyed S1 quite a bit.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, this is again, why I say that PC gets in the way of storytelling. Sara's relationship with Ava doesn't serve any narrative nor does it develop or add to her character, it's just there for "representation." I swear, this is what happens when you start getting these Millennial liberal arts and social science college grads who went to school in the 90s and 2000s who end up in Hollywood as producers and screenwriters.