Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2019, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

I find Ava controlling because the 2 times we've seen Sara stand up for herself Ava got mad at her and made Sara come running to make her feel better.

The first was Sara telling her that Hank was taking the creatures out and torturing them. Ava yelled at her and told her to leave, the second time was in the purgatory dream. Sara said she was a hero and didn't want to play housewife, Ava disappeared and started crying. Both time Sara had to go make Ava feel better, just for speaking her mind. To me that looks like beginning of a controlling relationship. Ava's makes everything about herself and doesn't listen to what Sara's saying or doesn't care.

Made even worse knowing that Sara suffered from Stockholm Syndrome with Ivo. She was probably always trying to make him feel better too after she said anything against him. Sara's susceptible to that kind of manipulation whether Ava's doing it intentionally or not. They really need to show me Ava doing something to make Sara happy or just trusting her the first time she says something (and not just about the stupid romance between Nate and Zari) an actual mission. I think Sara's proven herself to be right enough times now.

I found Ray/Kendra annoying but they were doomed from the start. So it didn't matter. We're stuck with Avalance because they became popular.

I do feel sorry for Ava, she was created for a purpose by another annoying character. to be basically be a better version of Sara. I think Ava and Sara need to break up because Ava needs to figure out who she is. Sara can't help her with that. She doesn't have a past or a life. She needs to go travel the world and find out what she likes not what was programmed into her. She needs to find out who she is besides her job. Then when she figures that out then her and Sara can decided if they still want to be together.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ And that is exactly my point. But as I mentioned, I don't hate Avalance but I just don't ship them. lol My least favorite pairings on Legends have easily been Nate/Amaya and Ray/Kendra though... both rushed and pretty much too doomed to ever get investing into.

And that is a good point about Ava finding herself because yeah everything in her is pretty much programmed. So, it's pretty much the way she is.

I see potential for me to eventually like Sara/Ava, I just don't care for the romance right now.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, I disagree with everyone's negatives views on Ava here. I do not think she's controlling, a bully towards Sara, etc. But I won't say anything more about Ava.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Well you can appreciate Ava/Sara on their shipping there and even Ava's character on her thread if you'd like. I'll try to keep the negative out of there.

A lot of people love them and some don't but it's okay for everyone to have different opinions.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

I know we're stuck with Avalance, but I'd rather they have their own separate storylines sometimes. One where they are not thinking or crying over the other instead of focusing on the mission. I just really miss Sara and her team fighting together or talking to each other.

It still sucks that Sara's lost all the people she was closest to on the ship.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
It still sucks that Sara's lost all the people she was closest to on the ship.
Yeah. I don't think she's close to anyone on the ship at all, not like she was with Jax, Snart, or even Kendra. There was some potential with Nate, but those scenes are rare.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved anytime we saw Sara with the legends since we didn't get a lot of it last season and the team was sort of all over the place with the Time Bereau nonsense.

I was cool with the TB group when Nate joined in the beginning but when we got way too much of Gary and Mona, I was through. lol
Old 08-16-2019, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)
Yeah. I don't think she's close to anyone on the ship at all, not like she was with Jax, Snart, or even Kendra. There was some potential with Nate, but those scenes are rare.
That's because last season Sara's only attention was for Ava. Sara became Ava's love interest and that was her whole storyline. She was the Captain in name only.

Zari felt more like the leader of the Legends (at least until she became Nate's love interest).Then they made Sara part of that stupid plot too. So Sara hooked up with Ava and hooked up Nate and Zari. Wow, what great super heroing she did last season. Her "fight" scenes were blink and you'll miss them too.

These writers really suck at writing romance. They should just not write it and see what happens naturally between the characters instead of forcing it.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't really remember any of her fight scenes. It was a huge let down last season.

Oh you are current, Legends are easily one of the worst series I ever watched when it comes to romances.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

That's why I put fight in quotations. She didn't have any real ones. She may have thrown a punch or a kick here and there but nothing I would consider a proper fight scene.

The only real fight scenes I remember of her's was on Arrow.

I'm trying to not get my hopes up for the Sara's power storyline because last season was such a disappoint not just for her character but the storylines as well.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I am not really happy about Sara getting an special ability so I'll have to wait and see for my reaction.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I doubt we'll see much of her superpower after the initial introduction anyway. I just want the writers to do a good job with it, and let it be Sara's own storyline, rather than making it about Avalance, like so many of her SL last season.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

It depends on what her power is and how expensive it is. If it's invisibility like Caity wants then it would be easy to do and not have a lot of special effects. If it's anything that changes her skin like Nate's or lasers or something then we won't see much of it.

They should just make Sara immortal, that's a power that costs nothing. And we've already seen Sara die and come back multiple times she's practically immortal already. Sara dying is a running joke even the villains know about it. "Sara's dead" "She'll be back". She can be like Captain Jack from Doctor Who/Torchwood (with the John Barrowman connection ). He can die but he always comes back to life.

It could make her more reckless and run into danger more since she doesn't have to worry about dying and it could make her think about the fact that everyone she knows will die and she will live on. Then when LoT ends we can Sara in the future leading a new group of heroes. And if they want a crossover Sara can meet the Doom Patrol they are all immortal.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Caity was clearly joking when she said invisibility.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

I didn't say it was what they going with. They said they wanted a cheap power. Caity suggested Invisibility. That's cheap to do and requires less work for her. It wouldn't surprise me if they did go with that. Telekinesis is another cheap power which would just require wires or someone throwing objects across the room.

If they do something that requires a lot of CGI then we will never see it, besides the initial episode. If someone just started watching this season they wouldn't know Nate had superpowers since he rarely uses them.

That leaves out flying, stretching, super strength (because that requires breaking things), freezing time, super speed (because this isn't the Flash and we already have enough speedsters), any kind of lasers/fire/weather or skin changing power, Teleporting can probably get expensive depending on how it's used. Those are the main cool looking powers. The other ones left would be lame or useless powers.

Or since Arrow's ending they can bring the circle around and give her a canary cry and she can be the Black Canary again.