Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2016, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Captain Cold {Leonard Snart | Wentworth Miller} #04: Because hero isn't on his resume but he made the ultimate sacrifice to be remembered as one.

# 0 4
Captain Cold | Leonard Snart
portrayed by Wentworth Miller

X

The Story
Leonard Snart, a criminal with a dark past. His father Lewis Snart was a corrupt police office who took his anger out on himself and his sister Lisa Snart, until the father was sent to prison, so his grandfather took him and his sister in. At a young age, he dropped out of school and became a back robber and that's when he put together a team. His closest ally is Mick Rory, whom he met through one of his criminal events. They are the closest of partners. They both have a gun they use to destroy who stands in their way, with Snart it's ice and with Mick it's fire. Together they are Captain Cold and Heatwave.
During a robbery, Snart was kidnapped by his father and his sister was injected with a micro-bomb. The Flash "Barry Allen" offered to help him out but of course Snart did not feel he needed his help, so declined. Later one when the Flash arrived, his evil father Lewis told him to kill Flash... but once the Flash revealed that his sister Lisa was safe and sound he immediately killed his father.

Lewis Snart: You're working with The Flash? I thought you hated him?
Leonard Snart: Not as much as I... hate you.

Leonard doesn't have much feelings towards a lot of people but he definitely loves his sister, and as Barry Allen stated, there is still a light in him somewhere even if he does evil things to cover it up.
"He broke my sister's heart. Only fair I break his."

f a n s;

01. eternalfate
02. Lauren James
03. Cmtaylor531
04. Queen of Babble
05. lisagslack14
06. Stay to the Lights
07. save each other
08. L i N d $ @ y
09. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
10. KeepThisaSecret
11. Summer Falls
12. Heidsdk
13. Carmilla
14. Lexipedia
15. smoakin queen
16. fire for a heart
17. CloisFan
18. SiredToDamon
19. quin611

I can't imagine any kind of future where I am a h e r o."

previous t h r e a d s;
0 1/ 02 / 03

Last edited by eternalfate; 05-19-2016 at 06:31 PM
Old 05-19-2016, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So 2013!Leonard They better not just have it Mick returning to 2013 to constantly to see 2013!Leonard
Old 05-19-2016, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt! I'm glad we still saw Leonard in the finale even if it was him in the past!
Old 05-19-2016, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
So 2013!Leonard They better not just have it Mick returning to 2013 to constantly to see 2013!Leonard
I know! That would be too devastating to me... however, if he's suppose to be on the other DC's shows don't see how that would be it.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Woke up to this on my newsfeed on Facebook

Quote:
Mailbag (5.1)
WENTWORTH MILLER·THURSDAY, MAY 19, 2016

Sorry for the delay, guys.

I set about answering questions back in March, my intention to do several rounds... Then my meme post happened. Then self-care April happened. Then the PB reboot happened. Now I’m heading to Morocco to continue work on the same. So this will be it. Thanks for understanding. And much love. - W.M.

Q: Any plans to write a book/novel? [This one came up several times.]

A: I'd have to wrap my head around the idea of me as a novelist first. Which may take awhile. It took me years to wrap my head around the idea of me as a screenwriter. So I guess the only thing standing in my way... is me. Not for the first time.

Q: If you could only bring one book to a desert island, which book would it be? [This also came up several times.]

A: One of my old photo albums (remember photo albums?), filled with pictures of family and friends.

Q: Good afternoon Mr. Miller ! I am very interested in your way of dealing with overloving fans as a famous person suffering from mental illness. It can be frustrating for fans to love a celebrity for years and only share a few seconds of their life. So fans tend to selfishly take from you what they want (a photo, a hug, conversation) and we either don’t care about your feelings or hope that you will use our love as support for yourself... "It’s the job." you might think. But are there things that you genuinely enjoy from fans, are there things we can do ?

A: Hm. Tempting. Yes, I could probably come up with a list of "dos and don'ts" for fans to follow. But I don't know how truly helpful that would be. Might be both too much and not enough.
I've been "famous" for a decade plus, met thousands of fans, and each interaction has varied according to time, place, where I happened to be mentally/emotionally/spiritually...
The other key element, of course, is the fans themselves. I find it interesting that when people refer to “the fans" it’s as if they're a singular entity, consistent in head, heart, and intentions. In reality fans are like snowflakes. No two are the same.
Over the years I’ve found most to be a lovely combination of energy, manners, and timing, knowing intuitively when to approach and what to say, aware that I, too, have thoughts, feelings, and errands to run. But now and then I'll come across a fan who is... cut from a different cloth.
The idea that I could conceivably regulate these interactions is pure fantasy. So I'll leave it be. But thank you for asking. It speaks to a desire to be (more) aware and (more) sensitive. And that's appreciated.

Q: You said once you "vibe" or "vibe" less with your fans...my question,hoping that it doesn't harm in any way,is : -what do you consider a trigger for #vibing or #lessvibing ?

A: I think I was referring to what people said on this page. Simply put, I don't always agree with the opinions I see posted here. Which is fine. As long as they're presented respectfully.
This also feels like an opportunity to speak to why I don't "like" or reply to comments. Simply put, I don't want anyone worrying about whether or not I'm going to "like" or respond to what they have to say. What I "like" isn't important. What's important is that
people feel free to speak their truth(s). Respectfully.

Q: my 7 year old daughter wants to know would you ever marry Elsa since your both frozen people lol

A: I'm not sure Captain Cold is the marrying kind. Then again, "King Cold" has a nice ring to it. Perhaps he could be persuaded.

Q: What do you value most in a friendship?

A: An open mind and heart. And an easy laugh.

Q: If there was one human emotion you could absolutely live without which one would it be? And why

A: Guilt. Shame. Anger. Fear. Sadness. Joy. These are the six core human emotions (I've been told). All of which, in their healthiest forms, are of service to us. To stop experiencing one would be to stop being human. So my answer is "none." I choose to experience them all. I want to ride all the rides.

Q: Do you think some of the language we use to talk about homosexuality is problematic? I sometimes feel as though certain words or phrases... serve to perpetuate negative ideas or stereotypes and perhaps even give weight to the shame that is often associated with being gay. For example, why do we still talk about "coming out?" To me, this language reinforces the view that being gay is something that is shameful and thus merits keeping it hidden. I hope you've understood me; I am terrified of offending you and others. I would really like to hear an answer because I am always afraid of being offensive and so, in many occasions, have chosen to remain silent rather than to be a part of conversations.

A: In my opinion, when it comes to discussions about sex, sexuality, gender, language, labels, etc., the only way to do it "wrong" is to not do it at all. I think your question, and the way it’s articulated, is an excellent model of how to enter into a complex conversation with a lot of moving parts. Being honest about your fears, admitting you aren't sure what to say, inviting others to give feedback... All of this strikes me as a sensitive, respectful approach. My hope is that you continue to practice speaking your piece. I will too.

Q: Hi Went , my question is about your college years... can you give me helpful tips for studying affectively?

A: Fall in love with what you’re studying. If you can. My grades were always higher in subjects I connected with on a personal level. During my last years of college, no matter what course I was taking, I made sure my papers and essays tied in themes that were meaningful and inspiring to me (identity, sexuality, social conditioning, etc.). And my writing improved dramatically. So did my grades.

Q: You wrote early on about needing positive self-talk - about trying to fill a vault with words of life to balance out the negative that had built up your whole life. I imagine so many of us know how that feels... I suppose my question for you... is does that second vault feel a little more full? I hope that you can FEEL the positivity you are putting out in the world coming back to you two-fold, because having just recently started watching your shows, then found you here only a week or so ago, I can say you've already affected my life and I imagine will continue to do so in ways I'm unaware of yet. I hope those of us you have an impact on can have some small impact on you too - even if it's just by saying THANK YOU, with whatever sincerity we are able to muster through the glow of an electronic screen.

A: The answer is "yes." I do feel the second vault is more full. I do feel the positivity. And I am reminded, constantly, that I have the potential to impact others. Just as they have the potential to impact me. In ways seen and unseen.
On that note, I’ll share with you a thought that’s gotten me through some difficult days...
The Universe, I like to believe, can and does work in the following way... I say "hello" to a stranger on the street... because of that small kindness, they decide not to go home and do something rash... the next day they meet someone... have a child together... and that child grows up to discover the cure for cancer...
I'll never know I was a link in that chain. But I can choose to live my life as though I might be. As if each and every one of us is essential to the other. That thought brings me joy. This page brings me joy. It’s my way of saying "hello."

www.facebook.com/wentworthmilleract...
Old 05-20-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I read the whole thing.
Thanks for posting it, Sarah!
Loved that Wentworth decided to do a Q&A in the middle of his extremely busy schedule right now.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Finishing PB right now 2 episodes + TV movie
Old 05-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Finishing PB right now 2 episodes + TV movie
Awesome! Michael's death still hurts?
Old 05-20-2016, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It hurt 7 years ago it hurt again
Old 05-20-2016, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It hurt 7 years ago it hurt again
Is it a little better now because you know for sure he's alive now?
Old 05-20-2016, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think it still hurts a lot cause even if he's alive its been 7-10 years; depending on how many years they make go by its going to be an emotional mess this revival
Old 05-20-2016, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah. Makes me wonder what happened all those years ago.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know my mind has already gone speculating from the trailer
Old 05-20-2016, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't really speculate yet because I'm just waiting to see the story get explained.