Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2018, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

I really feel sorry for her. They must have done quite a number on her for her to actually believe all this.

If there’s any justice she’ll get the help she needs, while they lock him up and throw away the key.
"I was very pleased that the happy ending involved what seems to be a more peaceful lifestyle with someone who loved and respects her, who she loves and respects back, and the fact that there was life created out of that I think is a really beautiful thing.”
- Jennifer Morrison on Emma Swan’s happy ending

Last edited by scififan2009; 04-24-2018 at 10:52 AM
Old 04-24-2018, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione Weasley (View Post)
Saw this this morning

Allison Mack Tried to Recruit Emma Watson for Her Alleged Sex Cult

Also Kelly Clarkson apparently... WOW.

I'm one of those people who don't believe that because she might have been manipulated by a man she deserves forgiveness. She deserves to be punished and to stay in prison for a long time because no matter what, she did terrible things to many young women who didn't deserve it.

We had a similar thing in my country with a very popular singer from the 90s that was involved in this sort of cult with her manager and she was also recruiting young women (teenagers) for him to screw and do his weird things with. At the end he ended up in prison, she was free after a couple years and was forgiven by the public when she released new music. In my head she's a criminal just like her manager and she deserved to stay in prison. There's also accusations that her daughter was either murdered by them or they simply didn't take care of her and she died. Whatever the case is, she's partially at fault.

This is all messed up.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

^
I most certainly agree. To go unpunished when so many got hurt is unacceptable.

Nevertheless, most penal systems take into account whether a person was in full control of their actions. For instance, in my country when you're stinking drunk, you can technically commit 1st degree murder and get away with it. The reason being that you're in a 'state of inculpability', so to say (that's probably not a word, in English). The logic here is that if you're wasted, then you are incapable of executing a planned murder scheme. And for a killing to be murder, it requires '...willful and premeditation with malice aforethought'.

The reason why I say this: Imo, the only legal defense that AM has left is to portray herself as completely brainwashed, merely acting by proxy, following Raniere's orders. I am not saying that's an excuse for anything. But legally that may be her only shot.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

So instead of prison she could end up in psychiatric care?
"I was very pleased that the happy ending involved what seems to be a more peaceful lifestyle with someone who loved and respects her, who she loves and respects back, and the fact that there was life created out of that I think is a really beautiful thing.”
Old 04-24-2018, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Old 04-24-2018, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
So instead of prison she could end up in psychiatric care?
TBH, I don' know the US legal system well enough to answer.

All I can say is that I find this whole case very intriguing, in a totally messed-up way.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

House arrest? Well, that doesn’t surprise me.

Maybe something good will come out of this. Prosecutors can use her to build a case against Raniere and send him away for a long time.

Last edited by scififan2009; 04-24-2018 at 02:34 PM
Old 04-24-2018, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

I am doubtful she will testify against him at this stage. She seemed 110% by his side.

Maybe after some therapy things will look different. Let's hope the judge scared her straight, for one.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry for anyone who feels sorry for Allison because I just don't. All the victims who got raped and branded because of her help is just straight up disgusting. And people probably feel bad because she's Allison Mack, but if it was any other random person, people would call out how disgusting this is.

Probably if I actually HEAR Allison explain everything than I will feel a bit sad but for now, I just can't... because of the victims and because I think of MYSELF... what if I knew Allison and I was depressed and instead of be there for me, she decided to recruit me to that disguising cult.

It feels like an a lot of circumstances she did prey on the ones who were depressed or going through a tough time and made their lives even more horrible.

The only thing I feel bad with Allison about is that she was probably blackmailed and manipulated at a young age and she just couldn't stop after that, probably out of fear? or because she sickingly enjoyed it... I dunno. I can't read her mind but this story just disgusts me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I really feel sorry for her. They must have done quite a number on her for her to actually believe all this.

If there’s any justice she’ll get the help she needs, while they lock him up and throw away the key.

He should get life in prison however, Allison definitely deserves some help AND time in prison since a lot of people were branded and forced into this cult because of her manipulation as well. Lying about an women empowering group.

Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
Old 04-24-2018, 04:58 PM
Passionate Fan

what does trouble me is how the news story said her bail was 5 million dollars, of which she could easily afford

which makes you question what justice is? Imagine someone not in her demographic/ status? There is a line of disconnect between someone being able to do whatever the hell they want, against everyone else who has to toe the line

She'll have a trial and its all up in the air what will happen, but for me the story has already run its course
Old 04-24-2018, 06:25 PM
Graphics Team

Her career is over, yes. I'm not surprised she is treated a little more lenient than Raniere. He was the mastermind and unfortunately Allison decided to believe and want to follow a man who was/is a predator.

Whether she did things out of free will or not, I am more upset at Raniere for drawing so many people in.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ The sad thing is that there are a lot of disguising people in this world who acts and thinks like him... but it's up to him or her who follows along with it. And she fell for it and it seems she still worships the guy.

So no words until something positive....

I'll definitely just be appreciating Chloe Sullivan. Now I know for 100% that she as awesome.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:01 PM
Graphics Team

Then are they not all guilty? I don't see any 'victims' in this mess because that's what a cult does. Every member around the world who believes in Raniere have done things for him. They all have dirt on their hands. Even the ones who may have left. Like Kristin. She recruited Allison. And she has been to private retreats with the gang. Grace Park. She taught classes. They are all involved. If we don't want to call Allison a 'victim' then we can't call anyone who has believed in Raniere and did anything for him, big or small, a victim. They are all singing his praises. That to me is most crazy of all, but not surprising of course. It's a cult. And called a cult for a reason. I guess I don't see it so difficult how people can fall for things and fall hard knowing all I know about cults and different cults. So many TV shows, and even documentaries now, are out that are related to cults and how manipulative the leader can be.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

To me, I can't call a person a victim if they KNEW and than STAYED! to me it's okay if you were completely clueless to the whole thing but I can't defend a person who continually defends a person even after knowing the horrible thing that was done. This news came out LAST YEAR! and guess what happened? Nothing, Allison never defended herself or anything, she just kept on posting uplifting stuff to pretend none of it happened and than when Raniere was arrested, who was by that monster side??? Alison Mack.

It's okay to make a mistake, and a terrible disgusting act and show sympathy and show sadness and regret but thus far I haven't seen that from Allison.

To me, I prefer Kristin than Allison here because from all the stories I've heard thus far, Kristin LEFT when she noticed something wasn't quite right... so how the heck can she get blamed for leaving when she saw a problem? If that's the story.

Unlike Allison, Kristin who was never under investigation to begin with actually felt it was an obligation to defend herself to those who were misinformed...
And against, this topic is not about Kristin because as I mentioned, from everything we've heard thus far (in less more news come out) KK was with the NYXIM for years and got into it because her ex boyfriend but when she noticed something about the program, she left. She didn't continue going on with the program.

With Allison, CLEARLY she knew what she was doing was wrong and KEPT on doing it and forcing women to join this nasty sex cult.

She lied to women telling them about a women empowerment when it was nothing but a sex cult where women get forced and branded.

There is a HUGE different.

Any other members should go down just like Allison.

The victims are the ONES who Allison lied to about it being am empowering women program only for them to find out it wasn't and be forced into activities...
And actually according to the recent court documents, Allison is actually charged with CHILD SEX TRAFFICKING!

Edit: Oh and one more thing, as I mentioned even last year, I won't ever defend a person I do NOT KNOW personally who has not once came to the defense of themselves. We have really seen nothing from Allison and I feel so many are jumping to her defense because they love Chloe the character and by default Allison because of a role. So there is nothing but excuses even if she hasn't defended herself yet... when/if she defends or speak to the public with some sympathy, probably than my attitude will change.
I feel bad that she ever joined the cult to begin with. But I can't feel sympathy for her for misleading people and knowingly bringing women to Raniere.

Last edited by eternalfate; 04-24-2018 at 07:30 PM
Old 04-24-2018, 09:04 PM
Passionate Fan

She doesnt look too good , like shes been in jail for the past few days ->

https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newsc...l-1000x500.jpg