Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2018, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
It's all just a shock

I know we don't really know her but still, you think you've got good knowledge of something than this happens.

Sex trafficking is major crimewise so I can see her spending years in prison
I guess I am not shocked since I saw it coming since last year so I guess I had MONTHS to digest this. I'm just sadden she got in this situation and she was used for this and she was not strong enough to walk away from it.

But I can't say that I feel sorry for someone who made their own decision. Especially since she STILL was working with him after the news broke last year... she was with the creep when he got arrested. Showing exactly where she stood.

Seems like it was an addiction she couldn't escape out of.

It's just very unfortunate and I feel for the victims.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I last saw her 2 seasons ago on NCIS as Government pilot .
Things people get into , this whole cult empowerment is messed up . Yet seems to adapt to modern times .
Old 04-20-2018, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Allison Mack was arrested today in connection with a case involving an alleged cult leader.

It was inevitable.

I don't understand the appeal to cults.

There will still have to be a trial. I can't imagine Allison Mack will now be behind bars. She had such a promising career. Wow.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:07 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, super weird. And sad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/20/n...afficking.html
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:22 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...allville-actor

^ What on earth?

edit the schadenfreude has been strong with the reactions to this

comments range from - craziest 'where are they now?' story through to 'this one goes straight to the wall of weird'

EDIT

When youve made it to an international news service things are not good

Last edited by CONDEMNED666; 04-21-2018 at 06:14 AM
Old 04-21-2018, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

NXVIM has made it internationally so I'm not surprised some international news outlet are posting articles about it.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Hopefully you can continue to watch it since there are a whole list of other great characters and yes, Chloe and Allison are not the same person.
I will continue watching it. I'm not going to let this stop me. I do wish Smallville was on Netflix though, it would make it so much easier.

I assumed her arrest would be coming soon after his, so I wasn't surprised when I saw the article. Do you guys think maybe she was brainwashed all these years?
Old 04-21-2018, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's how cults draw you in. Leader has some great words and messages. People like what he has to say. People start admiring him a little too much. People are willing to follow him. People then begin doing whatever he says. I understand wanting to believe in something or someone, but people have to be stronger and be able to discern between what is right and what is wrong. If anything, this shows how weak Allison Mack is. I've definitely lost respect for her as a person, but I still admire her acting talent and will always love Chloe Sullivan.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione Weasley (View Post)
I assumed her arrest would be coming soon after his, so I wasn't surprised when I saw the article. Do you guys think maybe she was brainwashed all these years?
That's what it looks like.

Let's remember: She's been a busy actor all through her teens.

I guess that makes you susceptible to all kind of manipulation.

There was no time to 'grow up'.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

She did start acting at such a young age, true, and a lot of young actors have made some poor choices.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think what hurts me a bit about this story is that I remember so many years ago when I watched Allison in a movie I think it was, "A Mother's Revenge" I watched it probably 12 or so years ago. And the movie was so tragic because Allison portrayed a young child who was stalked by an old predador. She was so young but this creepy stalker was following her and I think eventually her character was raped.

My heart broke when I watched that movie.

And also on 7th Heaven, she portrayed a character that was cutting herself out of depression....

So to me the scary thing is now remembering those roles and knowing exactly what Allison was going through in real life.

As I mentioned, the only thing I feel bad for when it comes to Allison is that she probably got manipulated into staying into this cult that changed. From what I'm reading, it probably didn't start that way but than eventually it got changed to that. And it's upsetting that Allison helped that digusting pig Raniere.

And when you think of Allison, she's an actress, so she probably had more of a pull and POWER to get girls into believing one thing and than they got forced into sleeping with him and for the icing on the cake, she brand these women with her initials.... that's really some twisted stuff.

And the news of this BROKE LAST YEAR! and for me it speaks volumes that even when the news broke, she STILL stayed by this guy... and she was even by his side when she got arrested... so clearly she was so deep in that she never was going to leave if she did not get arrested.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't seen A Mother's Revenge. The title alone was a bit of a turn off. I do remember that episode of 7th Heaven and I really was drawn to her character on there, perhaps because I could relate.

And yes, we really don't know what these individuals are going through on a personal level. All we saw from Allison was really herself through interviews and video podcasts of her answering fan questions. People who have met her in person (at cons, etc.) talk about how sweet she is. I wonder what her inner struggles were. Just based on that video of her tearing up while talking to Raniere, was a glimpse that she craved/wanted more in life and wasn't all satisfied as her smile shows. Like some part of her life was missing.

That was exactly Raniere's mindset and the reason so many celebrities are part of NXIVM. When you can type NXIVM from memory, you know that you have googled and followed this story too much. lol
Old 04-21-2018, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
I haven't seen A Mother's Revenge. The title alone was a bit of a turn off. I do remember that episode of 7th Heaven and I really was drawn to her character on there, perhaps because I could relate.

And yes, we really don't know what these individuals are going through on a personal level. All we saw from Allison was really herself through interviews and video podcasts of her answering fan questions. People who have met her in person (at cons, etc.) talk about how sweet she is. I wonder what her inner struggles were. Just based on that video of her tearing up while talking to Raniere, was a glimpse that she craved/wanted more in life and wasn't all satisfied as her smile shows. Like some part of her life was missing.

That was exactly Raniere's mindset and the reason so many celebrities are part of NXIVM. When you can type NXIVM from memory, you know that you have googled and followed this story too much. lol
It was one of the most heartbreaking movies I ever watched! I think I only watched because I noticed Allison Mack as a very young person and I just couldn't leave the channel.

I was actually over a friends' house and I was browsing through channels and watched the movie... which I ironically caught from the beginning. It was such a sad and creepy movie. One of the saddest movies I watched.

Sometimes it's the ones that seems the most happiest that are going through the worst.

All I can say is that I HOPE that probably this can change things for Allison Mack? and she can become a better person after all of this if all is true of course.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

Sometimes it's the ones that seems the most happiest that are going through the worst.
It's so true. Nobody knows what is going on inside another person. They could seem like the happiest person in the world, but really they're dying inside.

Allison was a great actress and Chloe, a great character (Even though I have a lot more to watch to see what happens with her character), but I'm still just shocked with all of this...I heard she was involved in some sex cult like over a year ago but it was only a few weeks ago when Raniere was arrested that I googled and read up a lot about it and I just can't believe we live in a world where these cults are a real thing...
Old 04-21-2018, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione Weasley (View Post)
It's so true. Nobody knows what is going on inside another person. They could seem like the happiest person in the world, but really they're dying inside.

Allison was a great actress and Chloe, a great character (Even though I have a lot more to watch to see what happens with her character), but I'm still just shocked with all of this...I heard she was involved in some sex cult like over a year ago but it was only a few weeks ago when Raniere was arrested that I googled and read up a lot about it and I just can't believe we live in a world where these cults are a real thing...
No one does which is why I mentioned on many threads that I learned so many years ago to separate actor from character because I KNOW a character but unfortunately I don't know much about any actor's personal life other than they are a very good or bad actor. So, I do not idolize anyone because of a character they portray.

I just feel a bit sad that Allison took this route, even if she was manipulated AT FIRST, it's just too bad that eventually she couldn't notice on her own what she was doing was wrong and leave.
Especially LAST YEAR!! the news broke on this and Allison not once defending herself and stayed with the predator. And was with him when he got arrested... it's just difficult to defend anything with her (at this moment) with everything that has happened.

And it's sad that stuff like this exist. I feel bad for all the victims.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread