Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Smallville 9x13 "Warrior" Episode Discussion

Official Description

The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 13th episode of Season 9 of "Smallville". Titled "Warrior", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Friday, February 12th on The CW.

METROPOLIS HOSTS A COMIC BOOK CONVENTION — DC COMICS’ CHARACTER ZATANNA RETURNS — Clark (Tom Welling) meets Zatanna (guest star Serinda Swan) at a comic book convention, where she tells him her father charmed a copy of the comic book “Warrior Angel” and it holds magical powers. A young man named Stephen (guest star Carlo Marks) steals the comic book and develops super powers, transforming himself into Warrior Angel and saving Chloe (Allison Mack) from a horrible accident. Posted on KryptonSite. Meanwhile, Lois (Erica Durance) becomes jealous of Clark’s relationship with Zatanna.

Written by Bryan Q. Miller
Directed by Allison Mack

Videos

CW Trailer | Webclip | Webclip 2

Stills

I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 02-12-2010 at 07:07 AM
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Post away.
Rachel
Old 02-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome, thank you for opening this!

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Supreme Fan

Can't wait.

who is lois suppose to be? xena? or just an amazone??

clark will love it
It's all good..
Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it was going good for most of the episode...a couple moments that were stupid...warrior angel was hot! (the older guy obviously) and alec was so cute...he reminded me of ryan! i miss ryan
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie

Last edited by ocfan27; 02-12-2010 at 07:49 PM
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did not like this ep. Seriously BQM? Clark and Z?? She was all over Ollie in Hex so where the hell did this come from? And I also thought he wrote Clark and Lois OOC in this ep. Fail.
Rachel
Old 02-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

imo BQM continues his reign of mediocre episodes

They just let the kid go?
Chloe's semi pedo?
Clark telling others not to mope?
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:45 AM
Elite Fan

Aw, I liked this episode

I don't think Zatanna is to be taken "to heart". She has flings here and there, but her specialty is basically granting wishes but with a twist. Making people learn lessons. And I think she did teach Clark a lesson

As for the boy, Kush, what else were they supposed to do? He was just a kid, he was cursed and it wasn't really his fault he turned into a monster. The first question he asked when in the barn was: "Is Chloe okay?" which goes to show that he was really sorry. And come on, "semi pedo"?! She was attracted to a guy who looked like he was 25, which - given what he looked like - I can't really blame her for. It's not like she was hitting on him when she found out he was a twelve-year-old with a curse

I also didn't think Clark and Lois were OOC, I felt it actually was quite natural and it didn't seem like it was too cheesy (as I admit it was in the past episodes), so I enjoyed it more.

The contrast between the relationships Clois and Chlollie was really intense, though. And yeah, I'd say Chlollie are definitely developing. If that scene wasn't screaming "they're gonna hook up" I don't know what was...

enough already.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lynn, I thought that Clark and Lois were OOC b/c in this ep Clark's all "I've been keeping Lois at arm's length" when that directly contradicted everything he's been doing this season. He was the one who couldn't let her go, he asked her out, he initiated their first kiss, he wanted them to be a couple, and he wanted more PDA when they became a couple. How is that keeping Lois at arm's length? Then in this ep, which was supposed to air right after Disciple, the ep he was pushing for more PDA in, he barely touched her.

Also in Hex, Zatanna was portrayed as a girl who really loved her father and wanted to do anything she could to bring him back and she flirted it up with Ollie. In this ep she was portrayed as a potetial rapist and a homewrecker.

So yeah. Fail.
Rachel
Old 02-13-2010, 04:42 AM
Elite Fan

True, I was confused about that, too, but I wouldn't categorize it as OOC. This episode wasn't supposed to air right after Disciple, Allison was supposed to direct episode 13, which then was to be moved before the Absolute Justice episode and then it was again moved behind it.

The vibe that I got is that they switched roles because of their interactions in Disciple. Lois tried to be more open about their relationship and Clark tried to hide it more. I think they're just having a hard time adjusting to each other, and I actually thought it was kind of nice that they switched it up like that because it shows that they care about each other enough to try and do what the other wanted.

I don't think Zatanna was portrayed in this episode like she didn't love her father. But I think on her quest she realized that he wasn't the perfect person she remembered. He made mistakes and she's been cleaning up after him. That doesn't mean she loves him less because of it, I don't think. On the contrary, I think it proves just how much she loves him, because she cares enough to search out those things and set it right.
She flirted with Ollie, I thought, because he was cute. And so is Clark. She strikes me as someone who flirts with a lot of people, not necessarily to wreck homes or anything but just to have fun. She tried to seduce Clark because she's attracted to him, not because she wanted to hurt Lois or break up Clois. It showed that she was backing off when Clark was looking longingly at Lois; he didn't even need to say anything and she understood.

enough already.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

She didn't just try to seduce him. She mind whammied him by using her magic on him. The real life equivalent would be slipping someone a roofie. It was just wrong. And I didn't mean that she didn't love her father, I was just pointing out the contrast between Z in Hex and Z in Warrior.

IMO anyway you look at it, whether it was supposed to air before or after AJ, Lois and Clark's relationship still didn't fit in the context of this season. It's fine that they're struggling with the status of their relationship, but it wasn't protrayed in a realistic way in this ep to me.
Rachel
Old 02-13-2010, 05:04 AM
Elite Fan

Hm, ah, well, I'm not gonna tell you anything about Clois, cause you know way more than I do about them, but I just didn't mind so much

And also, you loved Zatanna in Hex, didn't you? I didn't, I liked her okay, but I didn't think she was awesome, so I guess I don't mind her so much in this episode either

enough already.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes she was on my list of all time fave guest stars and they ruined her for me. I think I need a hug.
Rachel
Old 02-13-2010, 05:21 AM
Elite Fan

There, there....

enough already.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Star