Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

Smallville 4x11 "Unsafe" Episode Discussion

Episode #4-11 "Unsafe" Air Date Jan.26th

Claiming to be cured, Alicia (guest star Sarah Carter) is released from Belle Reve hospital and comes to Smallville to rekindle her relationship with Clark (Tom Welling). Initially skeptical of Alicia, Clark finds himself enjoying a relationship with someone who knows his secret, but when she pushes for more he hesitiates, causing her to use red kryptonite on him. "Bad Clark" emerges and whisks Alicia off to get married in Las Vegas. Meanwhile, Lana (Kristin Kreuk) decides to have sex with Jason (Jensen Ackles) in order to win him back.

Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Glover, Annette O'Toole and John Schneider also star. Greg Beeman directed the episode written by Jeph Loeb & Steven DeKnight

PS...I'm sure this episode will be quite controversial

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
I'm sure this episode will be quite controversial
Being a Buffy fan, and seeing Steve DeKnight as a writer I can't say I'm surprised. I'm looking forward to it! Controversial or not - sounds fun!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

It does look really good, and I'm so excited for the return of my favorite show. But the WB is more than notorious for having the most misleading promos known to man. It's just ridiculous how far from the truth the stuff they show actually is. Nonetheless, I'm happy to have the show back, and I can't wait to see what happens.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree with Janine, the ep might be very entertaining. The whole Lana wanting to have sex with Jason to win him back? I guess the writers are finally realizing Lana's stupidity.

Janine, eep, love your icon.

Icon by wicked_one
Jamie Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Heh, starting this thread monday night? Somebody's excited for the return of new eppies.

I wasn't overly fond of Alicia in Obsession, but I do looove the Chloe storyline that she brings about, so I'll be yay about her return.

Also, I reeeeeeeeally want the Jalana sex to happen. It would be another nail in Clana's coffin, and you can't have too many nails since Clana has a vampire-like way of coming back over and over.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Jensen! Sounds really good. I'm worried Clark's going to lose his virginity in this one. It should be Chloe. *hoping for Chlark*
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Witter
I agree with Janine, the ep might be very entertaining. The whole Lana wanting to have sex with Jason to win him back? I guess the writers are finally realizing Lana's stupidity.

Janine, eep, love your icon.
Haha...man, aren't they slow...

Thanks babe! Tanya (BeautifulDisaster) made it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl
Heh, starting this thread monday night? Somebody's excited for the return of new eppies.

I wasn't overly fond of Alicia in Obsession, but I do looove the Chloe storyline that she brings about, so I'll be yay about her return.

Also, I reeeeeeeeally want the Jalana sex to happen. It would be another nail in Clana's coffin, and you can't have too many nails since Clana has a vampire-like way of coming back over and over.
I hear ya on that, sister friend. Boy do I ever. Why don't they get that it drags the show down!?

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:29 AM
Elite Fan

New episode tonight!

ITA w/ the misleading promos and Clana bringing the show down.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Heh. Forget the nails in the coffin... if there's Jalana sex, there's possiblity for Jensen to be shirtless.

I have to say I'm very excited for the return. Even if it sucks I'll be happy.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Absolute Fan

If Clark loses it to psychotic Alicia, TPTB will pay. Pay dearly. I know it's the season of sex and all, but somes lines shouldn't be crossed. Having Clark's first time be with a FotW is one of those lines.

As improbable and possibly unrealistic as it seems for a guy to wait, I always thought Clark's first time would be with Lois (I'm a Clois shipper everywhere but Smallville).

I hate how they're romanticizing the promos, as if it's this huge event for Clark that we've all be waiting for. Stupid WB and their misleading promos.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
If Clark loses it to psychotic Alicia, TPTB will pay. Pay dearly. I know it's the season of sex and all, but somes lines shouldn't be crossed. Having Clark's first time be with a FotW is one of those lines.
WORD. I'm right there with you Candy. That's the major, actually only, issue I have with Clark possibly losing his virginity... the fact that he *might* lose it to some crazy FotW chick. I honestly don't mind if he does lose his virginity this season or next, as long as he's in a relationship with someone he loves and trusts. *coughCHLOEcough*

Quote:
I hate how they're romanticizing the promos, as if it's this huge event for Clark that we've all be waiting for. Stupid WB and their misleading promos.
Heh. I have my own theory on why they're doing that, but I don't wanna say anything cause if I'm wrong I'm gonna look like an idiot!

All that being said, I really am excited that it's back! But, I'm really more excited for next weeks ep Pariah!
Old 01-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

I'm in the minority...but I'm really glad that they are bringing back Sarah Carter's character from season3. Clark and Alicia, I definitely saw a spark between them before she went all crazy/jealous. I liked seeing Clark finally be into someone other than Lana It gave me hope

Funny...how the WB's going to air a show about Lana trying to hold on to Jason by sleeping with him...and then there's a "teen pregnancy" ad campaign right next to the official episode description...can you be more of a hypocrite?

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
Clark and Alicia, I definitely saw a spark between them before she went all crazy/jealous.
I'll side with you.
I can't say I see a problem with Clark loosing his virginity to Alicia or under the influence of Red Kryptonite. She didn't leave him uninterested when he wasn't under the influence. And if I had a problem with it - it would be the influence part. But he was able not to get laid during summer in Metropolis so I guess he wants it enough to make it happen now. Besides, the boy is too cranky for my taste. Getting some might do him some good. Yeah, I'm not a romantic at heart.
And then they'll be done with 'loosing virginity' story and can have nice Clark/Chloe storyline going in that (relationship/sex) direction latter in the season, without the pressure of 'will they finally do it?'. JMHO.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Supreme Fan

What are the writers doing? Chloe.. not a virgin? Chlark could of been perfect.

Jason is so sweet. He's like the perfect guy. And everything happening to Lana makes sense now. I bet Jason's mom bailed out Lionel.

That final scene was very sweet. And Allison taking part in the commercial is nice. That one line that Chloe said.. 'it only happens once' is so right. At least Clark is still a virgin..

omg, next week looks so good. Lois definitly said those words. If it turns out to be her seeing it, what a way to spoil it.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Absolute Fan

It's back!

Teaser- Sigh, I miss when Clark was a geek. "A girl would have to be be crazy to start a relationship with me"...cue Alicia. Heh. And wow, that evil look really just screamed "cured" to me. Also...Martha is about about gettin' her boy some lovin'.

Barn scene- Wow, loooong and boring.

Chlark scene - Classic Chlark. I love them, as always, so cute and smily...even if the "cliffhanger" of the last eppy is apparently forgotten. Especially Chloe's "Damn, I'm good." Yes, m'dear, you are.

Jalana- Hmm.

Iceskating Rink- Sigh, am I really supposed to like a couple after 1 "she's not crazy!" scene? I liked the ease Clark felt around her (it excites me for a future storyline!), but I don't like being force fed a 'ship. Too gushy too fast, IMO. Stalker psychiatrist. He and Alicia would actually make a good pair.

Torch- I forget, how did Alicia know that Chloe kept the Red K there? and how does she know what it does to Clark? I'm gonna go review Obsession. Um...I reviewed and I still have no idea how she knew where Chloe kept the ring, or that red K was different from green K in that it wouldn't hurt him. Am I totally missing something?

Luthor scene - The MB is one sexy mofo. That's all.

Chlana scene- Yay, I missed seeing these two being friend-ish. They're cute. Yay for Chloe being all responsible and level-headed. Wha!? CHLOE! You go! JIMMY! Chloe and Jimmy! Mwaha. That's hilarious! We all thought she was lying when she told Clark that she met a guy. But nope, she was getting some. I LOVE that. Eat that, all you "Chloe is pathetic and just keeps waiting for Clark" people. Summer lovin'...happened so fast...Ok, I'm better now. I'm glad they pointed out that, at the time, she thought he was "the one."

Barn Scene- Red!Clark is the love em' and leave em' type, not the "let's get married" type. All kinds of devirgination going on!

Wedding Chapel, heh- Snort, I love Red!Clark. Horny devil that he is.

Lana's lair of love- Poor Jason looked scared. Hee. You know, I loved Lana here. She was a very typical teenage girl, who was openly vulnerable. I don't know why I liked that, but I guess I just felt for her. Hmmm, what is the mystery of Mama!Jason, I wonder?

Honeymoon suite- Good grief. Is that a shark I see swimming over there? Over the line, PTB. Way too much. And I have very high tolerance. This isn't Skinemax, it's the WB at 8, which my little sibs watch.

Barn- Sidenote- Alicia's stylist loves American Eagle. I counted at least 3 AE items in 3 diff scenes.

Hospital - Blech. Clark's a freak. Being forgiving is one thing, being an idiot is another.

Luthor scene 2- Sigh, poor MR is totally getting shafted lately. Waaaay too much FotW this week. As a 21 year old, I'm a little scared how attracted I am to the MB. Maybe it's the new hair cut, I don't know.

Kent house- Aren't the Kentrents being a little harsh considering that Clark was drugged? Gasp. A TW tear? Have we EVER seen that? Even at Lex or Chloe's grave? Or any of the Clana break-ups?

Barn scene - Make it go away. I hate watching Clark being SUCH an idiot.

Chloe!!! With a PSA!!! YAY. Good try, PTB, but you made sex seem way to fun for that PSA to work. Matter of fact, I'm gonna go drug a guy and have some. What? He'll totally forgive me afterwards. Idiots.

Chloe is Clark's first kiss and best friend, Lois's cousin, and Jimmy's (I'm assuming Olsen cause it was SOOO implied) former lovah. The girl is just entangled in canon. I love that.

Meh, I thought it was a pretty crappy episode. Waaaay too much FotW, tried waaay too hard with the sex storylines, and made a storyline about Clark wanting to be with a girl who tried to kill him and Lana, killed her father, drugged him and practically raped him. Um, yeah, good job guys. High quality stuff. Except not really.

You guys better redeem yourselves next week.