Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Smallville 7x14 "Traveler" Episode Discussion

The 14th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, March 20th, 2008 at 8.00pm.

"Traveler":

here's the official episode description from The CW...

"Lionel (John Glover) arranges to have Clark (Tom Welling) kidnapped and held in a kryptonite-lined cell at a Luthorcorp facility. After Chloe (Allison Mack) and Lana (Kristin Kreuk) find a military electric probe at the farm, they confront Lionel, who throws suspicion onto Lex (Michael Rosenbaum). Chloe and Lana take Kara (Laura Vandervoort) to the Fortress and beg Jor-El to restore her memory as she is the only one who can save Clark."

Written by: Don Whitehead and Holly Henderson

Directed by: Glen Winter

Here is the trailer clip for Traveler and Director's Cut Scene

TV Guide has the following description for this same episode...

Lionel kidnaps Clark and holds him in a kryptonite-lined cell at a Luthorcorp facility; Chloe and Lana confront Lionel, who blames Lex, and they then take Kara (Laura Vandervoort) to the Fortress and plead with Jor-El to restore her memory so she can save Clark.

Remember, no spoilers discussed on the board outside of this thread, and here no additional spoilers will be discussed than what is posted in the starter post. After the episode airs on Thursday in the US, feel free to discuss any part of the episode on any of the threads

Thank you!

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:49 AM
Elite Fan

Evil Lionel? Yes please!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be home for this episode so I get to watch it on Thurs. night. I'm happy about that.

Really can't wait for this episode, finally seems like a good one.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Addicted Fan

i think Lionel is being forced to by the other members of the group. there was that note in the promo that said "the son of krypton belongs to veritas" or something, so i think he's not doing it by choice.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Well this will be an interesting episode.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Sweet_Honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wanted to know if you guys had a website where you watched the smallville eppys (season 7)? I looked everywhere and I can't find them I usually watched them on tv, but the channel isn't on my tv anymore

Thanks, Steph (You can PM me )
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Extreme Fan

cant wait to watch the new episode
Old 03-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

I wonder if it's Lionel or Fine acting like Lionel? Just a thought.

Icon
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke80 (View Post)

I wanted to know if you guys had a website where you watched the smallville eppys (season 7)? I looked everywhere and I can't find them I usually watched them on tv, but the channel isn't on my tv anymore

Thanks, Steph (You can PM me )
Unfortunately, CW doesn't stream their eps online. So it's not like NBC, ABC where you can watch episodes online.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
Unfortunately, CW doesn't stream their eps online. So it's not like NBC, ABC where you can watch episodes online.
Okay. Thanks for the answer.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ok wow
Spoiler:
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

Well, what did everyone think?

I felt this was one of the better episodes this entire season, and while I can niptick it to death, I found myself glued to the TV, waiting to see what happens until the very end.

I'll be back to comment and reply to your reactions.

To sum it up quick:

Lex...going dark, very dark. There is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Lionel...can't escape his destiny. Which those who are spoiled, you know what's coming. I did feel bad for him at the end, as he was rather honest for a change with his explanations/rationalizations
Chloe...Best friend, loyal, always will do whatever it takes to save Clark and the scene at the Fortress says it all. She loves him!
Kara...Laura is getting so good at being "powerless" and I'm glad that's all over now. Her resque scene was awesome, totally 'supergirl-ish' and the scene with Clark at the end was neat. I liked the "Hi Cousin" exchange.
One thing I would have wanted to see was her flying, taking off after she got her powers back to save Clark, but I'm guessing they have to save money on the special effects.
Clark...Since he was the victim and trapped without meaningful scenes until the end, not much there, but a strong scene with Lionel at the end, and talking with Patricia I felt the very essence of superman was quoted. "He believes the best in people and will do whatever it takes to save them"...so the fact that he feels the Luthors are beyond saving...I don't know. I'll have to think about that and comment later.
Lana...not much to say, she had a small part but important with the secret tunnel deal, I felt the speech to Lionel was overboard and silly. Lana will kill Lex

I need to mention to strong performances by Aaron Douglas (BSG babeh ) as the bad guy in charge of keeping Clark and the actress who played Patricia Swan...was surprisingly good in that role, which was kind of ungrateful and hard to pull off. I actually felt very sad at the end when she was killed on Lex's orders just to get a fraking neckless.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Addicted Fan

oh Patty, it wasn't your time yet.. T_T
lex should've banged her before shooting her. she was pretty good lookin'.

oh there goes Clark with his judgemental attitude with Lionel. haven't they done this song and dance before? one day he's gonna figure out he's messed up for thinking lionel was bad but it'll be too late.

"How could I ever forget you?"
Where to start.... >_<
ah well. I wonder what Kara will tell Lex now that she has her memory..

Lex: heeeeyyy..you're back! so uhh..you ready for that procedure??
Kara: oh no thanks. i got my memory back..
Lex: oh..really? well that's....that's just great!
Kara: yeah it is!
Lex: We can still have the procedure done if you want, just to make sure everything's right!
Kara: nahh, it's alright.
Lex: what about just for fun? it'll be like an adventure!
Kara: uhh i gotta go now.
Lex: DON'T YOU WALK OUT ON ME TOO!!!
Kara: O_O
Lex: ....uhhh i mean. that's cooool....so what's you remember?
Kara: uhhh..boring memories. you wouldn't be interested.
Lex: oh.. i see... dammit
Kara: what was that?
Lex: oh nuttin'.

Last edited by JediBlastoise; 03-20-2008 at 10:20 PM
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I definately felt this was one of the better episodes of the season. I was truly blown away for once.

Shine the light on Clark Kent finally: He finally knows the Luthor's are a lost cause! Guess he won't be looking out for "Alexander" Luthor in Lex now. Which is about time.

Wasn't too impressed with the Lex/Kara storyline though. Lex is getting too predictable now. And I really had wished they had shown the tunnel escape.

Way to go Chloe for knowing what to do. Really loved how she put it in Lana's face on how she knew what the key did. BTW, where was Lana anyways? I thought she went to the fortress too?! (not that I care but it just seemed a little off).

Patricia Swann: Very cool character. The daughter of Virgil Swann. It was so great to see him mentioned. Christopher Reeve is Superman- he still lives on forever! A little predictable that Patricia would end up dead either at the hands of Lionel or Lex. I'm bummed that she got killed but at least it was at Lex's hand. The way he looked at her necklace- you could tell that jealousy took over 'oh I want that necklace. The only way I'm gonna get it is if I kill her'.

Really happy that she got to meet the traveler at the end. It was fun to see her and Clark interact. And you could really see that she did want to continue her father's work in a positive way. Too bad she didn't make it to Metropolis though.

Veritas: Very cool group. Loved how everything was explained. And the possibility of Lionel wanting the traveler all to himself. And how the society had wanted to protect the traveler. From what we saw of Virgil Swann, it was clear he was intent on doing so. And considering the friendship Clark formed with Oliver, it seems clear enough that the Queens would do so as well. The only shadowy ones being were Lionel and Mr. Teague.

The Kryptonite Cell: Sweet! I felt so terrible for seeing Clark in there but it was fun for once to see him nearly die. We haven't seen Clark be in that much pain from Kryptonite in a while.

Again, way to go Chloe. I really loved her speech in the fortress! I'm curious as to what she meant by "I love your son". Could it have meant in an affectionate, 'I want to be with you way' or just a general type of love? Still great moment.

One last thing to mention: Enjoyed how they combined the Superman mythology with the Green Arrow mythology with Lionel "allegedly" being responsible for the deaths of Oliver Queen's parents. I thought that was very cool.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

OMG, Gina Holden, I almost didn't recognize you without tons of goth make up you always have on on Blood Ties!! Ha ha. Still absolutely love her!

Dammit Lex, she was interesting and nice, did you have to kill her? You could have arranged a robbery or something once she got to Metropolis and grab her necklace that way.
She was an interesting character with a great past, I wish they didn't kill her off so soon.
*I'll be in the corner pouting*

Other than that - aw, look at Lex being all evil. Getting Kara to agree to surgery, killing people. Excellent!
Though his security still sucks. And who would have a secret corridor that can be used to enter from the outside?! That's such a security risk.

BTW where did Lana disappear half way through the episode?
That was....weird.

Yay, Chloe to the rescue!
But Jor-El usually doesn't give something for nothing. I wonder if they'll be a price to pay.

It was great to have Kara with her powers back.
I always enjoy Kara & Clark scenes so much.
"How could I ever forgotten you?" Aw, they really do feel like family.

I'm glad Clark finally saw Lionel for what he really is.
And, ha ha - how funny was it to see Lionel so nervous and scared waiting for Clark to show up? I was cracking up!!
Great scene. I cheered when Clark walked out and there might have been some yelling involved ("Finally!"). Ahm.

Other than that, I enjoyed Aaron Douglas in this episode. He was creepy.
So who's next from BSG we'll get to see on Smallville?

All in all - a great episode.
Loved the backstory about Veritas.
It just goes to prove that the show is much much better when it focuses on stories about *Clark* instead on cheep soap drama.