Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise (View Post)
I think it speaks volumes that Tess can have an absolute temper tantrum with Oliver because she knows she can't get away with the same "robot bitch" attitude that she puts on for the rest of the world. She's not afraid to step outside of her stoic persona and throw knives and vases at him. It's so much fun to watch! We got to see so much of her personality when she was with Oliver. I LOVE how gentle Oliver is whenever he touches her. It's so romantic!

I think Tess feels safe with him - although she'd never want to admit it.

I'm not sure why Season 10 didn't give them more of a true shot, it wasn't very realistic or in character to me but neither was quite bit of SV's writing. I love the moments and looks we did get of them in S10, though.

I loved the way they looked at each other in this scene. You don't need the words, their expressions say it all. ❤️
I agree, I love how around Oliver, Tess always shows her strong side by her vulnerable side always happens to slips out that she just can't hide, and it's because how much she loves him and it's just sad she had to hide it for so long, especially in Season 8, and she hid it because of their past of when they were together, Oliver not being ready for a love that strong with Tess.

I agree, it's so fun to watch them and I appreciate it more and more each time I re-watch it.

Season 10, with everything going on it would've made the most sense for them to get build up romantically during that season... for a second it felt it could've went that way.

That's a great scene.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

x

I loved this scene
Old 05-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that. Thanks for posting that, Ingrid.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

No problem. It's good to see people are still making gifs of them.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, they did have such a great depth relationship.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Tess/Oliver Quotes & Links

Thanks so much for posting those Tollie gifs, Ingrid! It is so wonderful to see more fan media of them. ♥

Here are a couple shipper additions y'all can add to the Tess/Oliver Appreciation Thread if the moderators like these quotes/trivia! (It's still a work in process!)

tess/oliver cast quotes

“Tess gets to be a little more herself and a little less “mean robot bitch” with Oliver. He’s known her for a long time and there’s a feeling of familiarity I like being able to layer upon.” Cassidy Freeman

“I think that Tess and Oliver have a lot of history. I think that they know each other very well, and it kind of mirrors reality. I didn’t know anyone else on this set and Tess didn’t know anyone else either before, so it lends some history between the two of us.“Cassidy Freeman

"Their connection is undeniable."Cassidy Freeman

"There is a lot of fire and a lot of passion."Justin Hartley

“Tess still wants him [Oliver] bad,” smiles Hartley. “She can’t help herself. It’s complex. There’s a lot of anger, a lot of hurt, and a lot of disappointment. A lot of wanting and yearning make for a really unhealthy relationship to watch. There’s lots of drama, and it goes back and forth. Right or wrong, they both have their reasons and are coming from totally different points.”Justin Hartley

“…But all the fighting stuff I do, Justin and I both did completely ourselves, which is fun. It takes a lot of work, it takes rehearsal. We had to work together a long time off screen to be able to have that fluidity with each other in the fight.”Cassidy Freeman

“I can honestly (and thankfully) say that I don’t have a co-star I don’t like working with. But I like my scenes with Justin Hartley the most. He’s incredibly funny and very talented. But the reason I really like it is because Tess gets to be a little more herself and a little less “mean robot bitch” with Oliver. He’s known her for a long time and there’s a feeling of familiarity I like being able to layer upon.”Cassidy Freeman

Feel free to add onto anything I must've missed!

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Last edited by Paradise; 06-18-2017 at 11:22 AM
Old 06-06-2017, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Awesome that they have a lot of shipping links.:Hug: Thanks for posting it!
Also, I love those quotes!
Old 06-17-2017, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise (View Post)
That WOULD be. Wow, beautiful imagery of the two couples. I think Tollie literally "shipping off into the sunset" with Clois floating into the night sky is an epic finale. That needs to be the tagline in a fan art!
Someone should draw some fan art for this!
Old 06-17-2017, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ That would be a beautiful art to see.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jette_ (View Post)
Someone should draw some fan art for this!
OOOOH, that would be so wonderful. Do we have any drawing artists in the house?

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Old 06-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Here are some Justin/Cassidy articles.

In this first article with Justin saying, "Tess still wants him [Oliver] bad," he so reminds me of Oliver. Oliver's bravado around Tess in S8 was so much fun, and he was so good at pushing all of her buttons, including her sexual ones! "She can't help herself..." oh Oliver and his ego, haha.

And what I love so much is around the same time, Cassidy said the very same thing about Oliver wanting Tess in this interview below...

~o~

Some mirroring of their characters, here, don't you think? Haha.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice article find.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that they were on the Island together.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Me too. I love that they started out on the island, neither of them in a glamorous position - he wasn't a billionaire, she was being held captive ... and yet they gained each other's trust and admiration almost immediately. I think that if Tess hadn't looked at Oliver with those starry-eyes as quickly as she did, (when he asked if she was ready to go home) it would've been easier for Oliver to wonder if it was his money or popularity that helped her fall for him. I mean he'd been alone basically his whole life and all of a sudden this beautiful young woman drops into his life and thinks he's wonderful.

I think Tess came along at the exact right moment for Oliver, making him want to be the heroic man she saw him as. And lord knows Tess can use all the help possible staying alive.

Surround that girl with superheroes and put a bell around her neck so they know where she is at all times, lol.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread