Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2020, 10:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I think that still would've gotten addressed because the first time it truly got addressed was during season 2, episode 19 when Lana was about to get attacked by those men and Clark saved her! It made her not want to be the helpless girl anymore and then she got those training sessions from Lex. So that still would've gotten addressed but I just don't think it should've been enough to break them. I would sure hope not. lol

but isn't that why she left at the end of s7?
Old 10-05-2020, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, remember we found out that the video was staged... and she was forced to break up with Clark that way.

However in saying that, I loved that even in season 8, it seems that Lana still had the same mindset... until she got his powers.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well, remember we found out that the video was staged... and she was forced to break up with Clark that way.

However in saying that, I loved that even in season 8, it seems that Lana still had the same mindset... until she got his powers.
^^ Yep
She also didn't go running back to him after she escaped.... instead she made a plan to get powers...and she still wasn't ready to start back up with him again until she got her powers. So I still think that was a big barrier for at least Lana... and yes the show seemed to show us continually that Lana held him back.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think the reason she held him back wasn't Lana's fault. It was more of how consuming loving Lana was for Clark. With Lana, the world slips away and he doesn't care about anything else... it's a loving thing however a bit overwhelming. He doesn't know how to balance his love life with Lana with everything else in his life and I think that's why he was held back... nothing Lana did, it's just how Clark is when he's with her.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think the reason she held him back wasn't Lana's fault. It was more of how consuming loving Lana was for Clark. With Lana, the world slips away and he doesn't care about anything else... it's a loving thing however a bit overwhelming. He doesn't know how to balance his love life with Lana with everything else in his life and I think that's why he was held back... nothing Lana did, it's just how Clark is when he's with her.
I agree. It was a "consuming" love... I mean even when Doomsday appeared and was tearing down the barn, Lana gets hurt and he forgets everyone else and goes to help her and then lingers until she tells him she is fine and he needs to go...In the early seasons you see him neglecting his friendships if it meant doing something for Lana, he was always at her beck and call and I don't think that ever changed between them either...d... I think maybe it was something even more than that? Like he envisioned this life with Lana for most of his life.. and he wanted that life so badly. Of course as a child that life would have been him on that farm raising a family like his parents...and nothing more. Maybe she tethers him to that vision of his life.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yep... and consuming love at times can be dangerous because you forget about everything to the point where you start to lose yourself and I think that was the issue with Clark is self identity away from Lana.
I did feel Lana though didn't have that issue. She loved him, he's the love of her life but it didn't consume her like it did for Clark.

Yep with Lana even before he knew her, he envisioned how life would be with her and much didn't change after that...
Season 7 was the true first time we saw Clark truly question his relationship with Lana.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah it definitely didn't consume her.

She also didn't pine for him for most her life...oh poor Clark
Old 10-07-2020, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yep you are right... probably not pinning for him most of her life helped her as well and I believe she will find love again but I don't think it'll ever compare to the love she shared with Clark.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:18 PM
Extreme Fan

poor Lana had some bad luck with men in her life. I mean indont know how you get over Clark Kent superman... and his utter devotion to her. But man I hope she did find happiness. She did say that she was happy to have felt that kind of love even if it didn't last...i think it was called Noir? With Jor El and her ancestor. Despite their dysfunction those two really loved each other and could not stop loving each other.
Old 10-09-2020, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yep and I think that's the thing they both can take away is that they did try to make it work so many times and it wasn't meant to be but their love for each other never truly stopped and both of them had a profound impact on one another.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:39 AM
Extreme Fan

They also did their fair share of pushing each other away... glad they came to their senses and finally gave their relationship a fair try...twice...which is why I really appreciated S7...despite its flaws

What is your favorite Clana moment?
Old 10-10-2020, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh... man.... this might be a shocker but it's the scene from 1x01 at the cemetery. I felt before that Clark was just a stalkerish dude from outfar... or probably that's too harsh. i just felt he was the neighbor with a beautiful crush on Lana but he couldn't get near her because of that chain but when they talked at that gravesite it was the first time I could feel their relationship and it was the first true time I can see why Clark fell in love with Lana outside of just her physical beautiful on the outside.

It showed how much Clark and Lana had in common with missing their biological parents... and when Clark shocked Lana by talking to Lewis and Laura Lang.
Lana was so shocked! It's probably the first time someone had ever done that with her.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:32 PM
Extreme Fan

^^ that was such a sweet moment!!

It kind of reminded me of Stelena... how they were both deeply troubled and felt a profound sense of loss and being together made them feel whole again.

That might have been the moment I fell in love with Clana too! My brain isn't working so great right now but I'll get back to you on my favorite Clana moment. There are just soo many!!! There is a couple of moments in S6 that blew me away. When Lana was crying over the pregnancy and Clark just came in there and just her pain just shot through him.. and When he caught her and she said "Why are you still watching over me" and he goes "Probably for the same reason you've been watching me"... and then the hand over the heart after he came out from those tunnels.... aahhhh they kill me. I loved them in Blank when he lost his memory and came to her. "If this is how I felt I don't know how I could.. forget it I dont want to know, this time will be different". Then I loved their dance at the prom...... ahhh of course I really loved their first official kiss on his birthday that was just so sweet awwwww... But it was a different kind of love for them at that point. I also loved when he gave her the gift of movie night on her birthday! Their first "date" in the limo was pretty cute too.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I fell in love with them right from the get go. I didn't care for Whitney so heck no to Whitney/Lana and the chemistry and how nice of a person Lana was, was lovely to see. The tragic story of Lana made me feel so bad for her as well as appreciate the good heart she still had.
Nice comparison as well.

Unfortunately for me when it comes to the later seasons, I just stopped caring about them to have a favorite moment. Furthest I can go was season 5! I loved the scene when they were about to make love and just all their scenes in 5x03. And the beautiful hug they had!
I think 5x03 is probably the last time I truly loved Clana. So season 1-3 and the first 3 episodes of season 5 for me.
5x11 as well....

Season 6-8 is a struggle for me. lol
I guess "Promise" moments were special yet heartbreaking.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh I don tknow how I forgot to mention my favorite moments in S5...ahhh

I loved their morning after,
I loved their sexy time in the loft in 5x02, and of course their first time (although Clois was better both times), I loved their hug after Clark "Died"..favorite hug.

5x03 is my favorite Clana EPISODE as a whole (and a top 5 episode for me period). Favorite moment is a lot harder to pick! I have to think about it.

Promise was intense! Loved the Clana moments there!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread