Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you guys seen this? It's a model Superman for a never made Superman film called "Fly By".

Emma♥Neal
Old 03-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Not yet. but thanks ,Ron. By the way, McG and JJ Abrams chose Henry Cavill as their Superman in that aborted Superman Fly By project. it did not materialized because McG hated flying to Australia(where the studio planned the film to be shoot).
well, its a blessing in disguise because this is the right moment for Cavill to be Superman-- age wise and acting wise. And it is really is Henry Cavill's destiny to be the 1st ever live action Superman without the outdated trunks outside the suit(both in The Fly By design and the MOS design).
Old 03-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow Denise thanks for that info!

Wow so Henry was gonna be Superman for 'Fly By' and then Brandon Routh was chosen over him for 'Superman Returns'. Guess it's true what they say- guess the third time is the charm. No kidding about Henry being destined for Superman!

And I was totally thinking the same thing in regards to the trunks. Both Henry playing Superman without them and the new direction as far as look goes in general for Superman.
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Here's what McG said about Henry and his support on him being Superman:
Quote:
I did indeed cast Henry Cavill [as Superman]. He's a fantastic actor, he's very, very strong and he's wonderful.

"I think Zack Snyder's going to do a great job with Henry Cavill. I can't wait to see that picture."
and:

Quote:
He added: "I'm heartbroken that I never made my Superman, but it was my own ****-up because I was afraid of flying and couldn't get down to Australia. I got properly thrown off that picture, sacked for being a mental case! You live and learn, you keep on truckin'."
Well, his loss but Snyder and Nolan's gain!lol!

source:McG keen to see Henry Cavill's Superman, had cast Robert Downey Jr as Lex Luthor in his own version - Coventry Telegraph - The Geek Files

the Fortress of Solitude in Paris Fashion Week:

So the Fortress of Solitude is very fashionable.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh thanks for that info. I could totally see RDJ as Lex Luthor.

Gotta love the Fortress
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Loyal Fan

phew!

I used to be very mad when Cavill lost to Brandon for Superman returns
and now I'm thanking every god there is lol
I liked SR but since it sort of bombed and will never have a sequel I'm glad Henry dodged that bullet and will be our superma now!

"Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!"
Old 03-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah likewise. I mean as sweet as SR was that's all it was, sweet. It wasn't badass like a superhero film is meant to be. The only part that was hard to watch was Supes getting beat up by Lex and his henchmen in a sort of Christ-like way.

Henry is really lucky that his version will be beyond 10x better.

~*~*~*~

Bringing this here- it's the new cover for Smallville #2 of the comic series.

Emma♥Neal
Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Cullen (View Post)
Yeah likewise. I mean as sweet as SR was that's all it was, sweet. It wasn't badass like a superhero film is meant to be. The only part that was hard to watch was Supes getting beat up by Lex and his henchmen in a sort of Christ-like way.

Henry is really lucky that his version will be beyond 10x better.

In fairness to Brandon Routh, you can see he really tried his best even from a bad directing from Singer and a script that was left wanting... but, I'm really looking forward to Henry's Superman! I have a feeling that he is going to kick ass on MOS!
And the smallville episode 2 season 11 comic cover is really good! Michael Rosenbaum's image for sure!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah don't get me wrong Brandon was great with what he had to deal with but still the main fault was with the script and directing otherwise it could've been a great film. I still consider it to be the best film that came out that summer (it went against Pirates of the Caribbean 2) but that's because I'm biased when it comes to Superman.
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-19-2012, 03:23 AM
Passionate Fan

But I'm glad that Routh is very gracious about the new reboot and wished Henry Cavill all the best. Brandon has class.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah same here. Brandon is very gracious that he got to play the Superman role but isn't bitter about the fact it didn't do so well.

~*~*~*~

Okay so I don't know if any of you have been keeping up with the New 52 comics but I recently got and read Action Comics #7 and OMFG! It was truly incredible.

~*~*~*~

On another note, bringing some caps over from a Batman Lego series which features our MOS.

Emma♥Neal
Old 03-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yeah same here. Brandon is very gracious that he got to play the Superman role but isn't bitter about the fact it didn't do so well.

~*~*~*~

Okay so I don't know if any of you have been keeping up with the New 52 comics but I recently got and read Action Comics #7 and OMFG! It was truly incredible.

~*~*~*~

On another note, bringing some caps over from a Batman Lego series which features our MOS.

those are so cute,Ron. and do you by any chance have scans on Action #7?

Brandon Routh was really awesome and gracious about the whole thing(not being chosen etc...) but I'm glad that we got another amazingly gorgeous and talented Clark Kent in the person of Henry Cavill. I like also that he made movies(albeit mostly independent ones or supporting roles in mainstream movies) and did tv series before doing MOS. . I guess he is the most experienced actor to play Superman/ Clark Kent. Christopher Reeve was doing only soap operas and plays before doing Superman in 1978.

and in MOS related news:

Quote:
Superman fan Ron Zaguli recently returned from a trip to California where he met up with Helen Barrett, a stuntwoman at Universal Studio's Waterworld Stunt Show, who also doubled for Amy Adams as Lois Lane during stunts required for "Man of Steel".
Ms. Barrett is a very successful stunt person who regularly doubles for Robin Tunny on "The Mentalist". The real excitement came after the show when I had a chance to take this picture [shown right] with Helen and talk to her about her other big role - doubling for Lois Lane herself, Amy Adams in "Man of Steel".
Helen was incredibly positive about the job Henry did as both Clark Kent and Superman and she wanted fans to know that even though the suit is a little different than the classic representation, it looks amazing on him and really updates the look, without losing the classic roots - she thought the colors were perfect!

Ms. Barrett's enthusiasm for her role in Waterworld and for "Man of Steel" was really on display - she was great with the audience and it was a truly SUPER pleasure to meet her!
source:
Superman Homepage - News: March 19, 2012: Helen Barrett "Man of Steel" Stuntwoman

If Amy Adams has a stunt woman, so Lois Lane is part of the action too. go, Lois Lane!

and Spoiler Warning:

Spoiler:

Ron,

Spoiler:

Last edited by denise19; 03-19-2012 at 11:14 AM
Old 03-19-2012, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't have any scans of Action Comics #7 but I can certainly make some since I just have 2 classes this morning so the rest of the day is mine

Spoiler:
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I don't have any scans of Action Comics #7 but I can certainly make some since I just have 2 classes this morning so the rest of the day is mine
thanks ,ron.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by denise19; 03-19-2012 at 10:01 AM
Old 03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay so I've made scans of Action Comics #7.

Here is the first set:

MORE HERE!
Emma♥Neal
Closed Thread   Post New Thread